xbox live number year status

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was wondering if you can lose the number status next to your name indicating the years you've been on live. do you need to have a continuous live sub to keep this status? I haven't played a game on live for about 2 months and my live expires in 20 days. i do have a few live subs in my possession that i got on various sales and don't really want to use them just to have a continuous sub but not really using it. i wanted to just renew when im ready to actually use live again.

From what I understand when you go to silver the timer just stops counting until you get gold again. You wont revert back to zero or anything.

Actually, mine still counted the time I was on a Silver account. I think it may just be the amount of time you're a part of the Live community.

[quote name='Puffa469']Where can I see this number? I've never even heard of this and I've been a Gold Live member for over 3 years.[/QUOTE]

75212783.jpg

34552678.jpg

The way they count/update it is weird. I joined Jan 1st, 2003 and I didn't get the 6 until abut the 15th or so. I have always had gold too.

Unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't even started until sometime last year, which is why you would only have a 6 and not some higher number.

[quote name='slickkill77']The way they count/update it is weird. I joined Jan 1st, 2003 and I didn't get the 6 until abut the 15th or so. I have always had gold too.[/QUOTE]

They were 14 days late on giving you the 6? :roll:

They probably update every 2 weeks or once a month or something. It'lll be ok. I promise....

Did I say I was pissed about it? No. I was merely pointing out to the OP why the time might be off, but thanks for the reply. You really moved the thread along.

[quote name='JStryke']Unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't even started until sometime last year, which is why you would only have a 6 and not some higher number.[/QUOTE]

You cant get higher because Live is seven years old not because they started it last year...

Are you sure? I wouldn't doubt you, but it just seems weird that they would count November and December 2002 as a whole year b/c that's when XBL was launched. Unless people that were in the beta have a 7. I would think that the people that joined at launch wouldn't get a 7 until Nov of this year.

[quote name='slickkill77']Are you sure? I wouldn't doubt you, but it just seems weird that they would count November and December 2002 as a whole year b/c that's when XBL was launched. Unless people that were in the beta have a 7. I would think that the people that joined at launch wouldn't get a 7 until Nov of this year.[/QUOTE]

"e" has a 7. I doubt many other people have it though.

[quote name='life.exe']You cant get higher because Live is seven years old not because they started it last year...[/QUOTE]

I thought the tracking thing was a more recent addition though. That's what I meant by being added last year. Of course, I could be totally wrong and confused as to why I'm thinking that.

I also thought it meant months you've been with live and not years which is the way it's sounding from some of the comments.

bread's done
Back