Xbox Live Point Cards and Gold Subscriptions on Sale at Amazon

Um, I don't know a lot about points cards and XBL gold cards. Is there an expiration date on them? Like if I buy one now but use it a year later will it still work?

[quote name='MOT']Um, I don't know a lot about points cards and XBL gold cards. Is there an expiration date on them? Like if I buy one now but use it a year later will it still work?[/QUOTE]

omg... look literally 2 posts about yours.

man, you're gonna make it here just fine.

[quote name='MOT']Um, I don't know a lot about points cards and XBL gold cards. Is there an expiration date on them? Like if I buy one now but use it a year later will it still work?[/quote]

Asshole response: Seriously... no seriously... Two posts above you.

Considerate response: No expiration and yes they are good.

[quote name='mvp828']Asshole response: Seriously... no seriously... Two posts above you.

Considerate response: No expiration and yes they are good.[/QUOTE]

*high five*

lmao! This thread is a breeding ground of idiocy. Everyone's asking the same questions over and over again without ever bothering to read what has come before. Just do the math yourself or read. I'm pretty sure everyone here has graduated elementary school, so it's not much to ask.

[quote name='zenintrude']*high five*[/quote]

highfive.gif

So which card is the better buy? I kid I kid!

My damn Amazon rewards are so slow as well as my cc statement. Gah, It's been 14 days since my payment processed yet my Amazon.com rewards points STILL haven't been updated, not to mention it takes a week to deliver the gift card to you! Why can't they just e-mail it? Go figure this shit happens when they have a points sale.

[quote name='tripredicus'](microsoft has their claws in me good. I can't pass this shit up)[/quote]

No kidding. I still have around 14000 points from the Target sale/coupon thing a few months back and I still want to bite on this deal. 20% off with no tax and free shipping is hard to pass up.

i got a 4000 point card.. good for the new Rock band content.. I can wait till this shows up to get Rush/Bad Religion.. although it will be a feat of will power..

[quote name='kklems']Saw the same thing. Also they are running the Bill me later promo for $5off/$25 so you can buy 2 1600 points cards to met that threshold and you pay like $.008 a point which would be equal to a $33.75 4000 point card[/quote]

Can you give more information on this Bill Me Later promo? I see no reference to it on Amazon, and I already have bill me later through newegg, do you have to have a different bill me later account through amazon? Reason I ask is it's not worth it for 5$ for a credit hit, but if it uses my same bill me later account from newegg then all is good. Thanks!

Sweet, I've been waiting for these to go on sell again. Snatched up a 4000 and a 1600 point card. Thank you Amazon and thank you OP.

:whee::bouncy:
jackson.gif
:bouncy::whee:

I picked up two 1600 points cards. I have 2200 points plus three 1600 point cards already, but I just bought Rock Band, so I know I'll be spending a ton. Thanks OP!

Weird...Amazon isn't charging me Tax in NY. Maybe they went the Newegg way and stopped taxing us.

This has now turned into an otherwise skip to a buy. Thanks OP!

I try to not buy into Digital Download too much... I hate DD with a Passion!

These points may come in handy for low priced stuff on XBL, but honestly I think we ALL know we have seen $4.99 XBL card deals before!

[quote name='psyanide82']Weird...Amazon isn't charging me Tax in NY. Maybe they went the Newegg way and stopped taxing us.

This has now turned into an otherwise skip to a buy. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Really! I am going to have to look into this then. My amazon purchases have significantly dropped since the "Amazon" Law was signed.

Any other New Yorkers have any details on this?

If only I didn't live in New York I'd be all over this. =/

EDIT:

Weird...Amazon isn't charging me Tax in NY. Maybe they went the Newegg way and stopped taxing us.
This has now turned into an otherwise skip to a buy. Thanks OP!

Just noticed this. If this happens to anyone else please let me know.

[quote name='lolmister']If only I didn't live in New York I'd be all over this. =/[/quote]
It's still better than buying it at someplace like CC or BB, right? I wouldn't hold out on these things just because of tax. They don't go on sale too often.

It seems like they don't charge tax on the points, but do charge tax on other things. I'm in White Plains, NY.

[quote name='mitch079']1600 point cards are a slightly better deal - 159.70 for 16000 points - as opposed to 4000 points - 159.88 for 16000 points[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. Although my way of finding it was just to see how much 4000 points from the 1600 points card would cost and that came out to 39.92. I just thought since the site's name is cheap ass it would be best to highlight the slightly better deal. :p

[quote name='CHARYODA']You beat me to it. Although my way of finding it was just to see how much 4000 points from the 1600 points card would cost and that came out to 39.92. I just thought since the site's name is cheap ass it would be best to highlight the slightly better deal. :p[/QUOTE]

it's called cheap ass gamer, not persnickety ass gamer!

ok... that's the last of that topic.

I live in Buffalo NY and Im getting no tax on the $40 point card [only item in order]. hooray for $39.97 points card.

I love CAG. The 1600 point cards will be good stocking stuffers (yes I shop that early :) Thanks again for posting this!!!!

If you add anything else to the order, it gets tax in NY. The cards I ordered separately and had no tax. Weird, but I'm okay with weird.

They seem to be out of stock on the 4000 pt cards at the moment (you get the JR World card when you click the link above). But I'm glad to know the 1600s are actually cheaper, I'll just snag a few of those instead!

Check again--they are highlighting different sellers for the 4000 point card.

I saw the $4 drop on the 1600 card, but wasn't to excited about it considering the previous Target and CC sales/coupons. I am out of points now, so I went for the 4000 pt card. 4-5 weeks on it at the moment.

Hey guys, I have a 12 month live card I want to dump and would love to trade it for a pair of 1600 point cards. This may seem unrelated or in the wrong topic but with those cards on sale I figured it'd be a great time for someone to pick up a year of live for 32 bucks. Let me know.

[quote name='BillyDKid']picked up 2 1600 cards. Great deal with the Bill Me Later coupon![/quote]

Wow, I forgot about that one. Thanks for pointing that out, I'm in for 2 as well.

woo hoo ! Ordered two 4000 point cards and a year of live and didn't get charged tax in NYC!!!! What a deal! Now I can ready to go for RB DLC and I can finally pick up Braid!!!

The points card had a estimated ship date in October but I am in no rush and I do have prime by the way.

Haven't you cheap asses realized by now that microsoft points are tax free no matter which state you live in.
It's just like buying a gift card, none taxable.

Thanks OP, grabbed 2 12+1 Month Live cards and 2 4000 point cards.

I'm going back to the UK next year and these will be much more expensive there.

bread's done
Back