Xbox live problems today?

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I seem to get the xbox live 80154080 status code whenever I try to buy points and when I try to go to their forums or website I get Server Error in '/' Application.

I wonder what's going on?

(I was trying to buy points to buy The Walking Dead episodes that are 1/2 off)

I can connect but cant get to any of my cloud save games.

Error code 807b01f7

Sucks that my BL2 game is only on the cloud.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I can connect but cant get to any of my cloud save games.

Error code 807b01f7

Sucks that my BL2 game is only on the cloud.[/QUOTE]

Same here with Forza.

just copy your save back to the hard drive and play then. go to storage, then cloud saves, then move the save back to the hard drive. when the cloud service is back, move the save back to the cloud saves part of the hard drive which will then sync and update the cloud version

[quote name='keithp']Same here with Forza.[/QUOTE]

all cloud saves are on your hard drive. when you do stuff with your game save, it updates the local copy. then when you're done playing, the local copy is synced to the cloud.

of course, you can't access the cloud version when you're offline. but the save is still on your hard drive. just move it back to the main area of the hard drive and play it then.

this is why they designed it the way they did. so you could have your saves whether you're online or offline.

[quote name='dirtyvu']all cloud saves are on your hard drive. when you do stuff with your game save, it updates the local copy. then when you're done playing, the local copy is synced to the cloud.

of course, you can't access the cloud version when you're offline. but the save is still on your hard drive. just move it back to the main area of the hard drive and play it then.

this is why they designed it the way they did. so you could have your saves whether you're online or offline.[/QUOTE]

That might be true if you originally create the save on your hard drive and just post it to the cloud. But I don't think it works like that if you choose the cloud when creating the save. I say this because I played both Madden and Fifa last night and had to select my hard drive as my storage device. While I did have some saves on the hard drive (online pass, etc), it didn't have my user profile, meaning the games were acting as if I had never played them before, losing my custom plays and personal info. And since the cloud was down, I had no way to access those files.

you picked an unfortunate couple of examples. the EA games handle game saves a little differently.

however, even though the cloud saves are on the hard drive, they're not listed as hard drive saves. they're still listed as cloud saves. so when you're offline or when cloud saves are down, you won't be able to access the cloud saves via cloud saves. when you are offline, in order to access your cloud saves, you'll have to copy them from the cloud saves portion of the hard drive back to the hard drive portion of the hard drive via storage.

so when you choose a hard drive save and there's no hard drive save (just a cloud save that you previously created), it will create a new hard drive save that is independent of the cloud save. this is another way you can have 2 different saves for the same profile. however, some games don't allow this either. some games still only allow 1 save per profile

I was not able to copy my saves from the cloud last night when I tried. I just got the same cloud error. Sucks. It's making me think of going back to using a flash drive for saves.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Is it just me tonight or is anyone else having issues getting cloud saves again?[/QUOTE]

I was having troubles earlier in the night. When I turned my 360 off for about 30 minutes and then came back and turned it on it was fine. It must have been just a really quick thing.

I had problems with cloud saves again too, and am so frustrated with it that I decided to copy all my saves to a flash drive and go back to that method. Unfortunatley Forza Horizon required me to MOVE my save, which would have been fine, but in the process my save go trashed. :( Fortunately nothing else died in the transfer, but I ended up leaving Gears of War 3 on the cloud because it also was requiring me to MOVE. I would say, if you decide to do this, you might not want to chance moving anything. Copy only.

The thing that makes absolutely not sense about Xbox cloud saves is that your saves are synced to the HDD, yet it won't let you do anything with the save when cloud saves are down, even though the files reside on the HDD too. So f-ing stupid.

[quote name='crunchewy']I had problems with cloud saves again too, and am so frustrated with it that I decided to copy all my saves to a flash drive and go back to that method. Unfortunatley Forza Horizon required me to MOVE my save, which would have been fine, but in the process my save go trashed. :( Fortunately nothing else died in the transfer, but I ended up leaving Gears of War 3 on the cloud because it also was requiring me to MOVE. I would say, if you decide to do this, you might not want to chance moving anything. Copy only.

The thing that makes absolutely not sense about Xbox cloud saves is that your saves are synced to the HDD, yet it won't let you do anything with the save when cloud saves are down, even though the files reside on the HDD too. So f-ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

My buddy had the exact same thing happen with his Forza Horizon save! He started over too, but the funny thing is it kept his online rank, but all of his cars are gone. He's pissed. Did you keep your online rank?

I have yet to play online. So, yes. ;) :)

Fortunately I wasn't *that* far in the game yet. Starting over has been OK. I'm back to where I was before and bit beyond, plus have some different cars this time.

Jesus Christ...they've been having so many problems lately. It seems like every couple days something is screwed up. Just the other day, I was getting that error (apparently it was marketplace related), where it was telling me certain features of XBL weren't available. What the hell is the purpose of the Cloud if it's down all the damn time? Guess you better send me another free month of XBL, Microsoft...herp derp.

It isn't/wasn't just cloud storage. Halo 4 was offline for hours last night as well (it might still be). My friend and I were on from like 1-3 PM (EST) with no issues. However, we went to get back on around 6:30 and it was dead. Judging by the waypoint forums it was for a few hours as well. At least we were able to get in and finish the campaign on Heroic.

I'm "glad" to see that it wasn't just me having issues today as I came to CAG to post about it. I keep all of my gavesaves on the cloud now because of a hard drive catatrophe that wrecked years of progress for me a few months ago. I just started Forza Horizon and went to go continue my game today but it just couldn't access the cloud at all.

It looks like the status page says this was resolved just recently. I just hope this is the last time. Doesn't this show that maybe it won't be so seamless to make everything cloud-based like MS and Sony seem to love to hype?

[quote name='gubmccargen']It looks like the status page says this was resolved just recently. I just hope this is the last time. Doesn't this show that maybe it won't be so seamless to make everything cloud-based like MS and Sony seem to love to hype?[/QUOTE]

all the cloud saves are on your hard drive. that's why you lose 512MB from your hard drive when you add the option. copy the game from the "cloud saves" portion of your hard drive back to the regular portion of the hard drive. and then play off that copy.

that's how I kept playing Alan Wake during the time the cloud was down.

a side benefit of this design is you can have a couple game saves per gamertag for those games that only allow 1 save at a time.

So do they do any refunds for all these days down? It's happened a number of times lately and the only one I've hard of them doing anything for was one weekend with a cloud save issue. I do not save my games in the cloud for this reason but I still have been unable to play online a number of times.

bread's done
Back