Xbox Live purchase permissions questions

eurenix

CAGiversary!
I've yet to purchase anything with ms points, so I'm unfamiliar with what is allowed, and my nephew wants to purchase something initially using my xbox. The problem is that I want him to be able to take what he purchases with him, when he gets his own xbox in a few months.

So my questions:

1. If he uses his Silver account to purchase, on my Xbox, an Arcade game(i.e.Castle Crashers), and some DLC(i.e. SFIV costumes, maybe GoW2 multiplayer maps), will he be able to use my Gold account to use them online?

2. Will he be able to transfer full ownership of the game and content to his Xbox when the time comes? Or will it somehow be permanently tied to my console.

3. Fairly unnecessary to the situation, but would be nice to know. Can a Silver account take his profile onto another persons xbox, and use that other persons Gold Account to play the content online? Or can someone with a gold account log onto an xbox with only a silver account's purchased content and use that online?

And yes, the i.e.'s are what he's interested in buying.

[quote name='Survivalism']1) No, 2) Yes, 3) No.[/QUOTE]
Im pretty sure the first question is possible. When you buy content on an xbox 360 all accounts on the console have access to it so if his brother buys Castle Crashers on his xbox on the brothers silver account then his gold account should be able to play it and play online. As soon as his brother transfers the licenses over to his own 360 it wont work anymore unless the gamertag that bought it is signed in.

Just have him buy them on xbox.com so all Marketplace content purchased is tied to his account. Once he gets his 360 and signs into Xbox Live, he'll have the purchased content waiting in queue to download. =]

1. If he uses his Silver account to purchase, on my Xbox, an Arcade game(i.e.Castle Crashers), and some DLC(i.e. SFIV costumes, maybe GoW2 multiplayer maps), will he be able to use my Gold account to use them online?

2. Will he be able to transfer full ownership of the game and content to his Xbox when the time comes? Or will it somehow be permanently tied to my console.

3. Fairly unnecessary to the situation, but would be nice to know. Can a Silver account take his profile onto another persons xbox, and use that other persons Gold Account to play the content online? Or can someone with a gold account log onto an xbox with only a silver account's purchased content and use that online?

1. Depends. DLC might be a no (it could depend on how the game works). But Arcade games are for sure a yes. This is because your Xbox is the "owner" of the content.

2. Yes. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

3. Yes, but that Xbox in question must be signed online for the content to "validate" as purchased. As such, the silver account must be signed in during this time to remain activated. You can then sign in on the Gold account and use the Arcade games in question.

bread's done
Back