Xbox Live reaches a Landmark 6 Million Subscribers

UnrivaledSHOGUN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Microsoft announced that their online video gaming service has topped 6 million users. This happened 4 months before the predicted time.

This include the original xbox as well as both versions of xbox live on the 360 (silver and gold).

Other Facts:
- 2.3 billion hours have been spent in online gaming
- 2 million messages sent each day
- Halo 2 is still the #1 most played game online
- Gears of War and Hexic HD comes in 2nd and 3rd
- Over 70% of subscribers have purchased an Xbox Live arcade game.

Here's the Link: TG Daily

[quote name='UnrivaledSHOGUN']
[/QUOTE]

2.3 billion hours of gaming... just imagine that much time on productive stuff :p

Other Facts:
- 2 million messages sent each day
- Over 70% of subscribers have purchased an Xbox Live arcade game.
- 5.9 million assholes, and little kids still waste their time trolling on it.
- The best fun to be had is still playing with friends, and CAG's

[/QUOTE]

fixed

Did ya see on there that Halo2 was the number one game being played online and then Gears as well as Hexic HD. I love that game too and its funny how a puzzle game can hold the same podium with two popular shooters. As for live, Its a great service.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Been a proud member since I was accepted into the Beta back when it all started. :D[/quote]

Nothing was more fun than the ReVolt days... the asshole to fun people ratio was amazingly in favor of those who actually wanted to play for a good time.

[/QUOTE]
According to Major Nelson, Gears passed Halo 2 a couple months ago. Here's his report for last week.

[quote name='Damian']According to Major Nelson, Gears passed Halo 2 a couple months ago. Here's his report for last week.[/quote]

If you noticed, the report was only for the week of 2/26.

Halo 2 is still top game, dude. I mean it was out 2 years before Gears, do you really expect it to be surpassed by a 4 months old game?

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Hexic is online? How the hell does that work?[/QUOTE]
If you're signed in when you play, it counts as online.

I suspect the popularity is due to almost every 360 owner (read: every 360 owner with a hard drive) having it. Not that it's a bad game, I like it. But it certainly has an "unfair advantage."

[quote name='UnrivaledSHOGUN']If you noticed, the report was only for the week of 2/26.
Halo 2 is still top game, dude. I mean it was out 2 years before Gears, do you really expect it to be surpassed by a 4 months old game?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it's been the same for a couple months now. More people are playing Gears than Halo 2, and have been for a while now. This press release could be taking about total hours played ever, but that's a pretty meaningless statistic. Of course a popular game from years ago will have more hours played than a popular game from less than a year ago.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Been a proud member since I was accepted into the Beta back when it all started. :D[/quote]

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Nothing was more fun than the ReVolt days... the asshole to fun people ratio was amazingly in favor of those who actually wanted to play for a good time.[/quote]

Yup and Yup. I'd like to see the data for the spike after Gears came out. Same for Halo 3.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Did ya see on there that Halo2 was the number one game being played online and then Gears as well as Hexic HD. I love that game too and its funny how a puzzle game can hold the same podium with two popular shooters. As for live, Its a great service.[/quote]

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say Hexic is on that list because it is free and comes on your hard drive when you buy a XBox.

If you noticed, the report was only for the week of 2/26.
Halo 2 is still top game, dude. I mean it was out 2 years before Gears, do you really expect it to be surpassed by a 4 months old game?[/quote]
[quote name='Damian']Yeah, but it's been the same for a couple months now. More people are playing Gears than Halo 2, and have been for a while now. This press release could be taking about total hours played ever, but that's a pretty meaningless statistic. Of course a popular game from years ago will have more hours played than a popular game from less than a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not some Halo fanboy. I would love to see a 360 game become most played xbox live game of all time. But he said that I was wrong about Halo 2 being #1 game, I'm just correcting him that Halo 2 is still the #1 most played game on xbox live of all time. Even though Gears have been topping it in recent weeks.

bread's done
Back