Xbox Live Redeem Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGI-Shinobi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Here's my lil story. I had been asked to pick up a 1 year Xbox 360 Live at Best Buy. I received the money and sent the code from the card. Now that person told me that the code didn't work. Well, I tried to enter the code into my account to check and it said this code had already been redeemed. So, is this person trying to cheat me? If it's so, is there anyway that I can find proof against this bastard? Does Microsoft know which account activated the codes?

It sounds to me that the best answer would be to tell the person to call Microsoft to get it resolved.

One question though, Why do he / she ask you to go purchase the Xbox live code at first place instead of going over to best buy and pick it up himself or herself? And I think the best way is to contact 1800-4myxbox to ask them what happen.

I think if you log into Xbox.com, it will tell you if you are a Gold or Silver member. If the guy is Gold, you know what the deal is...

[quote name='Stormy151']I think if you log into Xbox.com, it will tell you if you are a Gold or Silver member. If the guy is Gold, you know what the deal is...[/QUOTE]

he would have to know the guy's live name...which is unlikely to get from him because he says it didn't work, so why would he give you a live name for something that supposedly doesn't work and he doesn't have

had it not worked but he had a live code, it could be a current card that he had that still had time on it.....(you can add time to your live account, even if your account has not expired)

Just contact microsoft and ask when the card was redeemed. If it was redeemed after you sent it, you have your answer.

Was the number 'cover' scratched off when you opened the package?

I have 4 48 hr codes to give out. 3 from the BK games and one from Lost Planet. First 4 people to PM me get one each.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just contact microsoft and ask when the card was redeemed. If it was redeemed after you sent it, you have your answer.

Was the number 'cover' scratched off when you opened the package?[/quote]
I scratched off the card so I know it's genuine. Anyway, Microsoft reps suck. It looks like M$ outsourced their customer service because the gal didn't know how to solve the problem, instead she gave me a service number and a fax number. I have to fax it to get it resolved. Lame!

[quote name='tholly']he would have to know the guy's live name...which is unlikely to get from him because he says it didn't work, so why would he give you a live name for something that supposedly doesn't work and he doesn't have

had it not worked but he had a live code, it could be a current card that he had that still had time on it.....(you can add time to your live account, even if your account has not expired)[/quote]
Since M$ didn't help me, I had to figure it out on my own. The guy was cool to give me his account and password. I logged in and found out his account was banned, that's why he couldn't use the redeem code.

I tried to enter the code to my account and it worked. But now I have to rebuy the card again since I use the one I bought for him. One question though, I renewed my account to a 1 year Xbox Live last week. Now I redeemed another 12 + 1 months from the card, but in my Xbox Live account, it only shows up as:
Current Membership: Xbox Live Prepaid 12 + 1 Month Gold Membership Card.

Renews: No renewal set

Where is my previous 1 year subscription? Shouldn't I have 25 months now?

Got the problem resolved. Even though it won't show up in the website, my account has been extended to Feb. 5, 2009. Oh, well. I didn't lose any money; just have to buy another 1 year card for his new account.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']One question though, I renewed my account to a 1 year Xbox Live last week. Now I redeemed another 12 + 1 months from the card, but in my Xbox Live account, it only shows up as:
Current Membership: Xbox Live Prepaid 12 + 1 Month Gold Membership Card.

Renews: No renewal set

Where is my previous 1 year subscription? Shouldn't I have 25 months now?[/QUOTE]
Your "current membership" is just the most recently redeemed code. I'm paid through October of next year, but my "current membership" shows "1-month Xbox Live Gold".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back