Xbox Live Renewal Question

thahamburglir

CAGiversary!
Hey, my Xbox Live 12-month subscription runs out this month, and I just wanted to double check: If I buy a new starter kit, will the 12 months free still work, or do I have to just by the renewal card? Thanks

To get another 12 months, you'd have to cancel your account and start a new one on a different CC, I think. Just get the renewal card, or let it automatically charge your CC.

Yes, the subscription card included in the starter kit will just add another 12 months to your current Xbox Live account when you enter the code. That it assuming it's not the 3 month trial starter kit. :)

It's not a bad deal since you are only paying $20 more than the renewal fee they'd charge to your CC to get a spare headset and a free game.

[quote name='thahamburglir']Hey, my Xbox Live 12-month subscription runs out this month, and I just wanted to double check: If I buy a new starter kit, will the 12 months free still work, or do I have to just by the renewal card? Thanks[/quote]

It's not a bad deal since you are only paying $20 more than the renewal fee they'd charge to your CC to get a spare headset and a free game.

Yeah, especially since my old headset broke :cry: . Anyone know if they are going to release a new starter kit soon? I just wander since i already own crimson skies and mechassault. Thanks

You'll need to change your gamertag too. Thus, losing friends list and any stats.

Mine is up in July and I'm wondering if it is worthwhile to renew with the X2 console coming soon. I'm sure Live will still be supported for the original Xbox.

[quote name='qwikstreet']You'll need to change your gamertag too. Thus, losing friends list and any stats.

Mine is up in July and I'm wondering if it is worthwhile to renew with the X2 console coming soon. I'm sure Live will still be supported for the original Xbox.[/quote]

You can always modify your subscription to be billed monthly. I think the current rate is $5.99+tax. Try it for a couple, maybe 3 months while you decide or save up for a 12-month renewal.

[quote name='Scorch']To get another 12 months, you'd have to cancel your account and start a new one on a different CC, I think. Just get the renewal card, or let it automatically charge your CC.[/quote]

You can have as many as 10 (TEN) Xbox Live accounts using the exact same credit card and billing info. -- and at the SAME TIME. Although, I think only 8 accounts fit on one Xbox console.

I thought you could keep the same GAMERTAG with a 12-month card. Are the ones that come with the LIVE kit different than the renewal cards? I used a 12-month card on mine.....

That worked great. I'm sure you could call MS if you buy another LIVE kit and just tell them you want the same GamrTAG

[quote name='doubledown']I thought you could keep the same GAMERTAG with a 12-month card. Are the ones that come with the LIVE kit different than the renewal cards? I used a 12-month card on mine.....

That worked great. I'm sure you could call MS if you buy another LIVE kit and just tell them you want the same GamrTAG[/quote]

A 12-month code is a 12-month code. It should work for "renewal" whether it comes from a STARTER Kit or a RENEWAL card. I'm certain they'd allow either one to extend an XBL subscription.

Although I'm sure they can distinguish the 2 FREE months codes apart and thus not allowing you to string those together.

bread's done
Back