Xbox Live Rewards CoD: The Modern Warfare Legacy contest

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Anyone who has been participating in the Xbox Rewards CoD contest, check your emails. I just received one a few hours ago stating:

Congratulations tunermonkey,

You're a potential winner of a Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Wireless Controller (ARV $59.99).

In order to claim your prize, you must update your profile within 72 hours by clicking here. Please note that prizes cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes. A failure to update your profile during the period will result in the forfeiture of your prize. You can expect to receive your prize within 6 – 8 weeks after conclusion of the Contest. If we happen to need additional information from you, we will contact you at this email address.

To review the rules for this promotion, click here. Please refer to them for any questions you may have.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email. Just be sure to keep the original subject line.

Enjoy,

Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad

Before anyone cries "scam" or "phish," the links are actual rewards.xbox.com URLs, and not some knockoff lookalike site.

Anyways, be on the lookout for emails from [email protected].

Nothing yet for me, was on the top 10 for a week there when it was that ammo guessing game. I kept dropping down but might have been enough to win something. Here's hoping.

[quote name='garrett007']How long has this been going on? I guess chances of winning are low[/QUOTE]

It's been on ongoing weekly thing since the game came out. (or sometime around when it came out).

I initially thought it was a scam because I didn't think any of my times or scores were good enough to win, aside from the Week 1 Gun Assembly challenge. But the links and everything all checked out as legit.

[quote name='r3dreck']Man I hated that gun assembly... you know there where cheaters with those 6 sec scores too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't remember my time, but it was pretty quick. Maybe they DQ'ed the cheaters and that's why I ended up winning something? :shrug:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one.
22.gif

sp00ge
How long has it been since you played for that wireless controller?
I finished playing in "week 8" about 4 days ago and I found myself in top 50 (world view).
Waiting for email from them now...

I believe it's 7 or 8 days after that particular contest period notices are sent. I've won the custom headset and the COD Games On Demand Bundle as far as I know.

I completely forgot to login and play throughout most of the contest which pretty much killed my chances. Doubt I'll come close to the grand prize.

[quote name='Fitzed']sp00ge
How long has it been since you played for that wireless controller?
I finished playing in "week 8" about 4 days ago and I found myself in top 50 (world view).
Waiting for email from them now...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the controllers were Week 1 prizes, and it's now Week 9, and I got my win notification about the middle of week 7. So, about 5-6 weeks after that week seems right.

That weird, sp00ge. According to the rules, winners are notified at the end of each period. It could be quite possible that you were rewarded someones prize who failed to confirm within the time frame.

Anyway, congrats! I have become a fan of the XBL contests. I used to think nobody ever won .. then I went on a streak which included multimple GoD's and 50K worth of microsoft points.

[quote name='Fitzed']What does it include?[/QUOTE]

No clue. It says the ARV is $125, so I'm assuming it's probably COD Classic ($15), COD2 ($20), COD3 ($20), MW($20), and MW2($40)
.. but that only adds up to $115. Perhaps WaW is part of the package?

[quote name='Apollo Creed']No clue. It says the ARV is $125, so I'm assuming it's probably COD Classic ($15), COD2 ($20), COD3 ($20), MW($20), and MW2($40)
.. but that only adds up to $115. Perhaps WaW is part of the package?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect COD3 to be included, since it was a Treyarch title, and not IW. I could be wrong, though.

I would guess it to be all three Modern Warfares with wonky ARVs.

A necro-update:

I received my controller today! Only 3 months after being notified, and I actually had forgotten all about it!

bread's done
Back