Xbox LIVE Rewards Program Opens

yeah i'm still waiting on my marketplace purchase and netflix activation. i did those after i had been accepted into the rewards program. i'm sure they'll show up. just gonna take a bit of time

I had of course made my first actual marketplace purchase long before the program was created but I have made purchases after I joined the program. Does anyone know what you need to do to get those points? They do not seem to be pending for me even though I have purchased quite a few things since joining the rewards thing. I also renewed my membership for 3 more months using a prepaid card, does that count for the renew gold and earn 30 points offer? This program is iffy so far.

I think it's bullshit on how you have to have at least 100 ms points on your account for them to even release anything to you. If you have 20 ms points earned or whatever, they should process and add them to your account within a week or so. It's like they are holding the MS Points hostage and are in hopes of getting you to buy more content than intended to just rack up points and finally be able to get them to us. Seems a bit tricky and not even worth it anymore..

[quote name='GenPirate']I had of course made my first actual marketplace purchase long before the program was created but I have made purchases after I joined the program.[/quote] Were these purchases "featured marketplace content"?
I also renewed my membership for 3 more months using a prepaid card, does that count for the renew gold and earn 30 points offer?
Out of curiosity, I redeemed a 1-month code on same day as the 1st survey. The 10 rewards points were listed as pending 3 days later.

[quote name='Andami']I assumed that "first" meant first after signing up for the program. My bad.[/QUOTE]
Not your bad, it's Microsoft's bad. They are, once again, rewarding those who don't buy things or do anything. I still hate them for it.

I still think it is interesting that they credit your account for xbox live renewals not when you enter the code but when you begin to use that specific subscription.

My gold was going to run out in December, in October I snagged two of the 12 month cards when Target did that misprint for Halo Reach cards, and entered them right away. Like the next week they announced xbox live rewards and I went "damnit" because I had just entered two 12 month cards (good for 200 points each). When December came and my gold actually "switched" to the new card I got the 200 points for it.

I'm holding out some hope that they will expand the program cause as I said, it does nothing to provide incentive to buy much of anything after your first purchase and most rewards programs tried to provide incentive for frequent use not one time only.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I think it's bullshit on how you have to have at least 100 ms points on your account for them to even release anything to you. If you have 20 ms points earned or whatever, they should process and add them to your account within a week or so. It's like they are holding the MS Points hostage and are in hopes of getting you to buy more content than intended to just rack up points and finally be able to get them to us. Seems a bit tricky and not even worth it anymore..[/QUOTE]

And how does this differ from about any other rewards program? You can enter 3 coke points at a time, earn a few swagbucks at a go, etc. but you can't really do anything with them. Most survey sites demand $10-$20 before they'll deposit as well.

Besides, they seem to have set the bar for codes being 100 points or more which makes sense. Tiny transactions are a pain to deal with. It's like me asking you to count $100 in pennies or $100 in one dollar bills. There's nothing you can do with 20 points. There's little you can do with 40 outside of the Halo laser ring and there's not much you can even do with 80 unless you're a fan of indie games (who have been shafted) or you want a t-shirt for your avatar.

I will admit, though, the 100 at a time is a bit stupid since there's not much priced at 100 and you'll likely be left with 20 points. Even moreso with the few things that are priced in the 50s/150s/250s.

Tbh this whole rewards thing is pointless. I am not gonna spend much time on it anymore. i looked now and I finally got something 40 points for two surveys from last month that are pending and will probably be cut in half because it is some sort of glitch. I rememmber in the vid it said something about rewarding past members for doing things, but I am not elidgible for buying a market place item or netflix. don't see what I can really do? Haha buy a marked up avatar item i'll never use? Maybe I'll try that one :p

[quote name='pyoobez']And how does this differ from about any other rewards program? You can enter 3 coke points at a time, earn a few swagbucks at a go, etc. but you can't really do anything with them. Most survey sites demand $10-$20 before they'll deposit as well.

Besides, they seem to have set the bar for codes being 100 points or more which makes sense. Tiny transactions are a pain to deal with. It's like me asking you to count $100 in pennies or $100 in one dollar bills. There's nothing you can do with 20 points. There's little you can do with 40 outside of the Halo laser ring and there's not much you can even do with 80 unless you're a fan of indie games (who have been shafted) or you want a t-shirt for your avatar.

I will admit, though, the 100 at a time is a bit stupid since there's not much priced at 100 and you'll likely be left with 20 points. Even moreso with the few things that are priced in the 50s/150s/250s.[/QUOTE]

I don't do those deals, so don't know what you're getting at but okay. Remember, if you participate in the rewards program do you see how difficult it is to even get at least 100 ms points on there? you only get 10 ms points for this, 20 ms points for that, it'll start adding up after awhile but do you really wanna wait for it to tally up and keep track of your progress? No. It's not even worth it anymore, just not gonna bother and as it is, i'm not getting credited points for doing different things like other people so there's another challenge to add to this. oh well

Just made my first marketplace purchase and nothing is showing up on my rewards program page. How long have you guys had to wait before things start to show up?

[quote name='Kamera']Just made my first marketplace purchase and nothing is showing up on my rewards program page. How long have you guys had to wait before things start to show up?[/QUOTE]

it says on there that it takes up to 96 hours to display as pending within your account

The Refer a Friend reward sceme has now gone live.

Gold members who complete the referral of a silver/free user into a gold user, will now receive one of the following rewards:

• Get your free member friend to go Gold and (1) you and your friend will each get 400 Microsoft Points* or (2) 600 Microsoft Points, depending on the active offer.
  • Get your free member friend to go Gold and (3) you and your friend will get a multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade game of Microsoft's choosing.
  • Get your free member friend to try Gold with a promotional token good for 1 month of Gold, and (4) if your friend redeems the token within 30 days, you'll get 200 Microsoft Points.
Tokens to download the points will expire on 31st December 2011. Once downloaded, you'll then need to use them by 30th June 2012.

visit here for more details.

when you have to buy marketplace content for rewards point do you have to go through the rewards site to buy it, or will you still get the points if you just buy it from the console?

Finally got my first 100 points from this rewards. I had 140 in total but it updated my account with only 100. Now gotta wait till I make that left over 40 to 100 again.

takes 100 points before they put it in ur account, then when u do earn those it goes into ur account on the 15th of the following month

The reward is MSP. Deposited into your XBL account once a month, if you have accrued 100 MSP or more at the end of the month (if you didn't manage to get 100 MSP, goes towards the next month).

You can usually earn at least 20 MSP per month by completing the survey. Plus, additional points for extending your Gold, referring people that sign up for Gold, etc. And be sure to keep an eye on your emails as they have occasional bonus award offerings.

I had 200 MSP credited to my account for last month. 80 were carried over from the previous month(s), plus 120 from the survey and the from the VIP Exclusives Bonus Award (not sure what I did to get that).

I got 120 pts in my account yesterday finally. Yesterday of course was March 11th, and those are the points from February.. not sure why it takes so long to get them in but hey... free points. Won't complain.

I can't seem to get the Netflix reward points to work despite the fact that I had not activated Netflix or viewed it yet on XBL (I was a Netflix member prior however, and was using it through my Wii). I did watch a couple shows on it through XBL though -- better quality than through the Wii it seems. I'm happy enough to have it available through both.

I've yet to get the 100 msp from purchasing something on live. Sent info to their "response team" weeks ago. >_>

[quote name='Kiros1']I've yet to get the 100 msp from purchasing something on live. Sent info to their "response team" weeks ago. >_>[/QUOTE]
It is only valid for the first time you purchase something from the XBL Marketplace. So, if you had ordered something before you joined the Rewards Program, you won't be getting the rewards.

Most of the awards are targeted at people new to XBL. The existing members, especially ones that have been active on Live for a while, probably won't qualify for most of them any more.

[quote name='Necrozilla']I haven't seen any surveys in my email.[/QUOTE]
The only surveys I've seen are the ones on the Rewards site.

It would be nice if they made this (and the Xbox Live Labs) available in Canada. I'm getting really sick of missing out on things like this just because we're in a different country. =S

[quote name='Michael Essien']I don't see why they don't credit the points straight away. It's Really frustrating[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have enough for a DLC I want, whenever my pending points credit. I don't want to go buy a $20 card when I already have the points to make the purchase.

bread's done
Back