Xbox Live Rewards VIP Exlusives Contest: 100 Free Points plus COOL PRIZES

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!
Check your email!

I just got an email from Xbox Live Rewards for a contest where you receive a code, you click the link at the bottom of the email, enter the code, then become entered in the contest to win "Cool Prizes and 100 FREE Microsoft Points!"

It seems like some people who copy and paste the code are receiving errors. Make sure you try manually typing in your code.

You can enter it on xbox.com under Redeem Code to directly get your 100 points, but also at the following link to actually enter the contest (since the link in the email itself doesn't seem to be working for everyone):

http://rewards.xbox.com/vip-exclusives/red-carpet/enter-code

You are allowed one entry daily between now and March 10, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Prizes include a Windows Phone, Zune HD, 12-month Zune pass, and Kinect.

Official Rules:
http://rewards.xbox.com/exclusive-offer/terms-and-conditions/

Last edited by a moderator:
just about to post a thread about this. im also getting an error. guess ill wait till tomarrow or something

i got the e-mail a few minutes ago, and it worked fine for me. I didn't click the button in the e-mail. I just went to xbox.com and redeemed it on there. Worked out great.

Thanks, guys. I got the 100 points from that.

Also, interesting to note, it says you can enter once per day for the duration of the contest. Maybe that's the part that's not working... maybe?

[quote name='dwb6']had to restart my browser and it started working.[/QUOTE]

Which worked for you, doing it like a normal code redemption on Xbox.com, or using it as a VIP passcode entry?

I got the e-mail to and when I wasn't able to get the link working I just redeemed it on the xbox website, like an idiot. So all I got was the points, when I tried using it on the rewards website it didn't work, so no chance of prize for me. I guess the 100 points is better than nothing and it was probably all I was gonna get anyway :cry:

[quote name='bigredvan14']Which worked for you, doing it like a normal code redemption on Xbox.com, or using it as a VIP passcode entry?[/QUOTE]

i did the vip thing online. but i went to click the "redeem your 100 free points" button and its now giving me another error. i guess ill try another restart.

Cool...got my code, entered the contest, got my free 100pts token!

Says to come back each day to gain another entry into their big contest.

EDIT: Here's the exact verbage:

You're in and could now win one of the four cool entertainment prizes below. Come back each day through March 10 to earn more chances to win.*

Can't wait to get your hands on a prize? Enter your access code on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace to get 100 FREE Microsoft Points. It's all yours for being an Xbox LIVE VIP. Good luck!

Contest lasts 14 days.

[quote name='dwb6']i did the vip thing online. but i went to click the "redeem your 100 free points" button and its now giving me another error. i guess ill try another restart.[/QUOTE]

I actually got it to work on my phone via the actual contest link.

The redeem your 100 free points part actually takes you to the normal Redeem Code part of Xbox.com, so you can try just logging in normally to get it work.

[quote name='tlwizard']Is the VIP program random or is there a certain way to get in?[/QUOTE]

VIP bonuses / benefits comes along with signing up for Xbox Live Rewards.

Everyone else who didn't get an email... are any of you Rewards members?

[quote name='bigredvan14']VIP bonuses / benefits comes along with signing up for Xbox Live Rewards.

Everyone else who didn't get an email... are any of you Rewards members?[/QUOTE]
ya i'm an awards member for a few months, no email

[quote name='bigredvan14']Everyone else who didn't get an email... are any of you Rewards members?[/QUOTE]I am a rewards member with "Total Rewards Points Awarded: 80" in my account.

"Xbox LIVE Rewards Member since Dec 2 2010"

I didn't get the email, however. :(

My Live account is set to a fake email address, but in my contact preferences, I set my real email address. Is this why I didn't get the emails?

Which email does Microsoft send it to: the Live email address or the custom email address in Contact Preferences?

I got one but I keep getting an error when I try the code.
EDIT
working now yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never get any of these free points but I guess they know I will stick with Xbox Live since I have been a member since the beta on the original Xbox and have been in that VIP program for a while too.

yeah got the email with the code and 100 MSP, finally MS showing me some love with 180 MSP in last few days. Link in my email didn't work either though had to go onto the Xbox Live Rewards website

I had 2 emails (to the same email address), both of them identical with the same code, entered the contest and redeemed the 100 points. No problem.

I was able to enter the contest, but when I tried entering the code for the 100 msp, I kept getting the message to "please enter a valid code". I then tried to enter the code through the console and I was able to get my 100 msp with no problems.

[quote name='GregSal1']I was able to enter the contest, but when I tried entering the code for the 100 msp, I kept getting the message to "please enter a valid code". I then tried to enter the code through the console and I was able to get my 100 msp with no problems.[/QUOTE]

I logged out and logged back in and it worked.

didnt get one and probally cause i recieve like 420 points from the rewards program already, my wife earned a bit more then me on here account and she didnt get the email either , maybe i should start playing my xbox more then 1 time a week

bread's done
Back