XBOX Live Starter Kit $54.99 newegg

Very good deal. I'm really tempted to buy it but I'm saving all my money on games for the rest of the year and I don't have a job right now (still looking). Damn. I wanted the chatpad and extra mic too.

[quote name='yahoosale14']very temping. for those who own the chatpad, does it get in the way or hinder gaming?[/QUOTE]

Not really. At first when I put it on, it felt a little different but now I dont even notice. Makes it much easier to enter those damn dlc codes

most of the times I just log into xbox.com and just input DLC codes there, it's just a lot faster. I have the chatpad, it doesn't get in the way though I'd imagine if you decided to play competitive multiplayer games w/it for long periods of time you might get tired due to the added weight. when I do use it, I just snap it in type out what I need then put it away. (best for things like naming save files and video clips i.e. Halo Reach)

Don't forget if you're a new customer you can get this for 44.95 using coupon code "newcustomer10"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Punisher138']Not really. At first when I put it on, it felt a little different but now I dont even notice. Makes it much easier to enter those damn dlc codes[/QUOTE]

you can enter those online at xbox.com. much less frustrating. to those saying newcustomer10 is a promo code....does it work on regular xbox live cards?

[quote name='yahoosale14']very temping. for those who own the chatpad, does it get in the way or hinder gaming?[/QUOTE]

The chat pad is way worth it, IMO. IF you're busy or don't fell like talking to people online, it's invaluable. IT's also a quick way to enter codes for XBL points.

Be warned though; mine is about 2 years old, and I have to hit "w" REALLY HARD to get it to print on screen. The bar code on the back of mine is worn off and no, it does not interfere in any way with game action.

If you're a typist, it helps, and if you're a thumb typist, it REALLY HELPS.

Bump for a good deal.

[quote name='2DMention']The chat pad is way worth it, IMO. IF you're busy or don't fell like talking to people online, it's invaluable. IT's also a quick way to enter codes for XBL points.

Be warned though; mine is about 2 years old, and I have to hit "w" REALLY HARD to get it to print on screen. The bar code on the back of mine is worn off and no, it does not interfere in any way with game action.

If you're a typist, it helps, and if you're a thumb typist, it REALLY HELPS.

Bump for a good deal.[/QUOTE]

wow you've had it for 2 years and it held up? im concerned about the connector as it seems to be the same as the standard crap wired mic, which seems to be one of the many issues with that headset

I love my chatpad and like some one else said, it has held up for over a year except my Q key needs to be pressed extra hard to work sometimes. It is such a time saver though and I have gotten so used to the weight and feel of it I prefer it to controllers without a chatpad.

Well I need live and a chatpad, so It comes out to $35 for the live, $15 for the pad, and $5 for the points. Cool beans.

I just use a USB keyboard. Works fine, if not better than the chatpad. I'm sure the pad is more convenient though. My Live expires tomorrow so I may as well get this.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']I decided to buy it. It came down to $48.25.[/QUOTE]

thats with tax? pretty good.

40$ for live, $5 for points, $3 for chatpad and that mic if anyone uses it.

Does the newcustomer10 code work and is allowed for people thats already bought form them many times? or is it only for brand new customers?

[quote name='Xenokai']Does the newcustomer10 code work and is allowed for people thats already bought form them many times? or is it only for brand new customers?[/QUOTE]

I just created a new account (with different email address) but used the same cc info.

you get used to it relle quick and its only a little bit more heavier

Just ordered one for 44.99 with the new customer $10 off of $50. What a deal.

I recently cracked my headset in half so I've been in the market for one. For $45 bucks this is a steal for me. I'll need to renew live in about a month and I've also wanted a chatpad for a while now. All in all I'm very happy with this.

[quote name='yahoosale14']very temping. for those who own the chatpad, does it get in the way or hinder gaming?[/QUOTE] The chatpad does in fact get in the way, the controller becomes a brick weight and it drains batterys alot faster, it useful to stick it on a 2nd controller and use it only when you need it. For $55 your basically getting it free anyway lol

bread's done
Back