Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

I wonder if this is the original xbox 3 month kit because those are always expired when I try to purchase them.

[quote name='keyed']
3 Month Live Subscription Kit (card + Headset)
- Toys R' Us - $10
[/quote]

Didn't know TRU sold those, never saw any live subscriptions whenever i went to TRU, prolly always sold out

Gonna do the BB deal + PM. Thanks. I'm getting one today anyhow (in the morning Yay!) but this is a better deal so I might exchange/return one.

My sub ran out last night and I'm looking for a deal could some one explain the BB deal 12+1 Month Live Subscription Card + Free 1600 Marketplace points for $50? I checked the website and I'm not finding any info on this deal.

[quote name='spoo']My sub ran out last night and I'm looking for a deal could some one explain the BB deal 12+1 Month Live Subscription Card + Free 1600 Marketplace points for $50? I checked the website and I'm not finding any info on this deal.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I couldn't find anything on this deal either.

"12+1 Month Live Subscription Card + Free 1600 Marketplace points
- Best Buy - $49.99 (PM to CC for $40) (per Fatwallet)"

What's the story with this?

I found this on the fatwallet forums:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Went in to Best Buy today to use a few holiday gift cards and found an unexpected deal. Best Buy is running a promotion for a free Xbox Marketplace 1600 point card ($20 value) with the purchase of a 12 month Xbox Live gold card. PM to CC price of 39.99 to get the 12 month subscription and 1600 points for 39.99 + tax from Best Buy. I couldn't find mention of this promo online or in the BB weekly ad but it's in the best buy system as "pack 38906". I asked a few CSR's and they said the deal should be running through the end of the week (1/6/07), but they weren't sure.

Looks like this deal is B&M only as I can't find mention of it on the BB website. CC price of 39.99 is good through the end of this week (1/6/07). For anyone thinking of applying the $5 off $25 Best Buy Gamer Gift Card to sweeten this deal even more, the CSR told me to save it and use it another time because he couldn't put two promotion codes on one receipt, so definitely YMMV on getting that to go through. The 12 month gold card comes with a bonus month so it is actually a 13 month gold subscription to XBox Live that can be used for the original XBox or the XBox 360 plus $20 worth of points to spend on XBox live marketplace.

I searched and didn't find any mention of the BB free marketplace points promotion on fw, so I started a new thread rather than posting in the one for the 39.99 12 month subscription at CC. Receipt scan will be posted shortly.
[/FONT]

[quote name='philconners31']I found this on the fatwallet forums:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Went in to Best Buy today to use a few holiday gift cards and found an unexpected deal. Best Buy is running a promotion for a free Xbox Marketplace 1600 point card ($20 value) with the purchase of a 12 month Xbox Live gold card. PM to CC price of 39.99 to get the 12 month subscription and 1600 points for 39.99 + tax from Best Buy. I couldn't find mention of this promo online or in the BB weekly ad but it's in the best buy system as "pack 38906". I asked a few CSR's and they said the deal should be running through the end of the week (1/6/07), but they weren't sure.

Looks like this deal is B&M only as I can't find mention of it on the BB website. CC price of 39.99 is good through the end of this week (1/6/07). For anyone thinking of applying the $5 off $25 Best Buy Gamer Gift Card to sweeten this deal even more, the CSR told me to save it and use it another time because he couldn't put two promotion codes on one receipt, so definitely YMMV on getting that to go through. The 12 month gold card comes with a bonus month so it is actually a 13 month gold subscription to XBox Live that can be used for the original XBox or the XBox 360 plus $20 worth of points to spend on XBox live marketplace.

I searched and didn't find any mention of the BB free marketplace points promotion on fw, so I started a new thread rather than posting in the one for the 39.99 12 month subscription at CC. Receipt scan will be posted shortly.
[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
Thanks I will check this out in store at BB tomorrow.

Just got back from Best Buy. Indeed the 12 +1 card and the 1600 deal is true. And nobody there knew about it till it rang up. But....The CSR said I couldn't PM and get the package, it was one or the other. I went with the free points ($20 value), since I'm sure there are some arcade games I need to snag.

[quote name='Webnet']I wonder if this is the original xbox 3 month kit because those are always expired when I try to purchase them.[/quote]

They say the are expired but if you put them into your 360 they still work. The ones I got a day ago said they expired in 2005 but that is not the case.

The robot nazis at my Best Buy would never go for this .

They give me hard enough time just price matching something , let alone combining offers .

Just got back from West LA Best Buy CS rep know about the deal and Circuit City price adjusted the price for me on 2 12+1 month free Xbox live cards and the 1600 MS Point card rang up or free no problem.

CS rep tried to apply GGC coupon for me to make deal even sweeter but ever time he applied the GGC coupon the registered would charge me for the point cards. So he call a manager over who said I had to choose 1 promo and could not get both. So i took the free Point cards. Easiest price match ever. I guess tons of people must have gone in this morning and done this pricematch already.

just got back from BB, nice and easy. points came up right away for the promo, then price matched no questions asked. roosevelt blvd BB in NE phila, JFYI.

[quote name='W4rdoG']lol and what does price match mean?[/quote]

when u bring a competitor's price for an item to another store and they match the price (as long as it is the same item)

i.e: BB will price match CC's price of 40$ for the subscription, and give u the free points.

so im guessing picematch is something where you show the BB ppl that their competitor (cc in this case) has a lower price so BB will lower their price for you?

EDIT: NVM, ty rice

I have no CC near me, is there a chance that BB will still price match them?

I still might have to snag that deal as I need to get xbox live anyway and some free points would just sweeten the deal.

OK another question, when you PM do you just show them the other ad at the cashier and say "Will you pricematch this?" or do you have to see the customer service people?

I tried this out at a store in San Diego (Mira Mesa to be specific). The CS rep there did the price match but wouldn't allow me to get the free 1600 marketplace points. He said it was "double dipping" and that they didn't allow that.

[quote name='Warblade']I tried this out at a store in San Diego (Mira Mesa to be specific). The CS rep there did the price match but wouldn't allow me to get the free 1600 marketplace points. He said it was "double dipping" and that they didn't allow that.[/quote]

buy the points first through regular checkout, and then go back to the csr with the ad for the pricematch. hopefully you will get lucky and he won't catch it :)

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']My local TRU had 12 month XBox (1) cards for $10. Yes, they work fine on 360. They also come with a really crappy belt pouch.[/quote]

those were the ones i bought about half a year ago when it was reported to be $20 here. i searched a few TRU and bought all of them for fellow CAGs and friends. now i wish i had searched more TRUs since our subscription ends in half a year... :bomb:

[quote name='Warblade']I tried this out at a store in San Diego (Mira Mesa to be specific). The CS rep there did the price match but wouldn't allow me to get the free 1600 marketplace points. He said it was "double dipping" and that they didn't allow that.[/quote] PM first at the register when you buy it. After the 1600 deal shows up on the register and is zeroed out, tell the cashier that you'd like to PM the live card to the CC ad and hand them the ad. The cashier's are less discriminating and more likely to let it pass. If that fails, then try the CS rep.

yeah do you just grab both items and then just expect it to work at the register?

also, i assume to print out the CC page and bring it.

hopefully this will work in MN for me, since it's BB's backyard :)

this is even better than the Compusa deal in the other thread! YAY!

Worked great for me. They only had one points card left though, so that sucked. Got the 12+1 live card and the points card, brought it to the register and once he totaled it the 1600 was free. I asked about pricematching and showed him the CC ad. He said it wouldn't be free if he pricematched but I asked if he could try it anyway. I watched him choose competitor price match and enter 39.99 and it worked great. I'd like to get one more but I'm not sure if it's worth the drive to another BB.

it worked for me in okc. pm with cc ad and got 1600 points free! total came to 43.33 lol. even though i got a 12 month subscription card for christmas this was too good of a deal to pass up.

since i dont play XBL nearly enough pto want to pay full price and those xbox360acheivment people have completely given me the runaround and ignored me after signing up for their true.com promotion thing, the best buy thing was a sweet deal and the price match and package worked completely.

only thing is, how the heck did anyone find out about this? i'd really like to know about these kinds of deals, it's kind of odd that they'd have it in their system but not advertise it at all.

I tried this deal and it does indeed work! People at Best Buy have no clue about this. Just go to the checkout an purchase both a 12 month card and a 1600 marketplace points card. once the checker hits the total button the discount will be applied. I am going to go back tomorrow and get the price match.

I got shot down at the West LA store, another poster said that he got one there but the guy there today was a dick. Between not getting the PM on the HD-DVD drive and now this I'm starting to think I have no luck on deals.

[quote name='joekun']I got shot down at the West LA store, another poster said that he got one there but the guy there today was a dick. Between not getting the PM on the HD-DVD drive and now this I'm starting to think I have no luck on deals.[/QUOTE]

the west la best buy is notoriously shitty. When i was going to school in LA i used it and while my experiences at the best buys in minnesota were great, this was insultingly bad, and the people, yes, were dicks.

Get this, they sold me a hard drive, the seal on the box looked funny and i mentioned it but they told me not to pay any mind, so i go home and open it up and there is in there, sealed even in an anti-static bag, some junk part of what used to be an HD frame or something. So i take it back, even find the guy who sold it to me to corroborate my story and the bitch of a customer service rep tells me "well then why did you open the box if that was in it? how can i trust you?", i was just about to explode, this store must have been running some kind of scam operation, i literally got ripped off, i had to call HQ and let them know how much money my family spent at the best buys in minneapolis and that they were doing near criminal things in this west la store.

anyway best buy is generally a pretty cool store, but the west la one is particularily crappy for some reason.

[quote name='Ranma444']so you just bring up the 1600 point card too, or do they have them supplied at the counter?[/quote]Bring both cards - have them scan the 13 month first and then PM and then scan the 1600pts

Funny how Microsoft is pushing the retailers hard to sell sell sell - they want to grab more of the market before the supply of Wiis and PS3s increases lol

[quote name='epoxyRedux']too bad none of the best buys in my area have BOTH of the cards in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. My store is all out of the 1600 point cards.

Off topic a little - sorry if this was answered somewhere else.

If I buy a 12 month card - and say I have 2 months left on my current
card - then does this extend it to 14 months or does it start over.

Thanks for any replies.

bread's done
Back