Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']When I opened two XBOX Live! accounts a year ago, they required a credit card number even though I used the 1 year (+1 month) card. Two days ago, I get two emails from Microsoft stating they were auto-renewing those accounts against my credit card at $50 a pop.

I did not authorize any auto-renewal when I enrolled a year ago!

I replied to the first email telling them not to charge my account and it bounced back undeliverable.

I called a number on the email to tell them not to auto-renew. After a ten minute wait on the phone, I got a lady in India who I could not understand. It sounded like she had the phone mic inside her mouth. She couldn't understand me either. I got mad and hung up. I then called my credit card company and cancelled my account number.

Those two accounts are on a regular XBOX. I also have one on a 360 that expires in June. I didn't know it would be this much trouble to maintain these accounts! I'm gonna let them just die and do without Live play.

Dooooooooooh!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah the original Xbox Live program was annoying about requiring a credit card. The new 360 live program does not require a credit card. It's a much better system.

Just got the CDUniverse deal, best price so far, I think it has $20 off any game too! so for basically $22 with shipping that's the best deal i've seen yet! Thanks psyanide82!

I got in on this deal, but I've heard that the $20 off of a game is a rebate that has already expired. Has anyone successfully used the $20 off?

[quote name='withe011']I got in on this deal, but I've heard that the $20 off of a game is a rebate that has already expired. Has anyone successfully used the $20 off?[/quote]

I was thinking this might be the case, but I hope I'm wrong.

I previously bought this pack a year ago, and the coupon expired in June. I would think/hope that they would put in new rebates after a while. Or it may not come with one at all. My money is on a expired rebate.

Got a quick question, if I buy a 12 month card tomorrow, but my account expires today, will i be able to use the 12 month card on the account that just expired?

Just got back from a local Target and they had the Xbox Live Kit with the $20 coupon (the one that I am assuming is $36 at Kmart) for the price of $41.xx. Not bad if you don't want to order it online, definitely a YMMV.

This was at the Target in Mcallen, TX. There were two boxes and I picked up one.

[quote name='Machikunas']How do you set your account up so that it doesn't automatically renew? I really don't want to be charged full price come May.[/QUOTE]
The 360 accounts don't automatically renew, only Xbox 1 accounts. The 360 account will revert to Silver.

[quote name='Machikunas']How do you set your account up so that it doesn't automatically renew? I really don't want to be charged full price come May.[/quote]

If it was an "XBOX" account, this is how it was explained to me by Microsoft of India (I haven't done it yet). Go into the dashboard and select Payment Profile > Account Management > Memberships > Payment Options ...then change the payment option to Prepaid Card and enter the new card number (that you bought at a discount thanks to CAG).

I just got the $36 K-mart deal and my 360 is downloading "Bankshot Billiards 2" as I type. Thanks alot for posting this deal!

Although I got in on the CDUniverse Deal, I decided to check K-Mart in Tuscaloosa, AL and managed to get one for $36 as well! ($39.24 OTD)

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']If it was an "XBOX" account, this is how it was explained to me by Microsoft of India (I haven't done it yet). Go into the dashboard and select Payment Profile > Account Management > Memberships > Payment Options ...then change the payment option to Prepaid Card and enter the new card number (that you bought at a discount thanks to CAG).[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was an Xbox 1 account. I'll try that out when I eventually find one of these deals. Thanks.

oh man the xbox vision deal on amazon is pretty nice, I have no use of the headset since I have one and the camera tough, but ebaying them might offset the cost more

[quote name='Magyk']Didnt see anything in here about the amazon deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GT4MQI/104-6264514-4621528

Taken from the comments on the item...
  1. XBOX Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
  2. 200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
  3. 2 Arcade games (worth $20)
  4. XBOX headset (worth $15)
  5. Gold for 12 months
Mine is being delivered today...[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I ordered the same bundle a few days ago, and I don't think a headset comes with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I ordered the same bundle a few days ago, and I don't think a headset comes with it.

According to the picture of the box that is on Amazon, it appears to have the headset too.

[quote name='crazyj']oh man the xbox vision deal on amazon is pretty nice, I have no use of the headset since I have one and the camera tough, but ebaying them might offset the cost more[/quote]
i'd go halfsies with ya and give you the camera and headset and i get the live card with someone

[quote name='leblancchris']i'd go halfsies with ya and give you the camera and headset and i get the live card with someone[/QUOTE]
Great deal for you, retail price for them. Yay!

[quote name='leblancchris']i'd go halfsies with ya and give you the camera and headset and i get the live card with someone[/quote]

Yea..good luck with that.:lol:

[quote name='crazyj']oh man the xbox vision deal on amazon is pretty nice, I have no use of the headset since I have one and the camera tough, but ebaying them might offset the cost more[/QUOTE]

I'd keep the headset as a spare. I have 2 of those pos and both have gone bad. Now I'm using an original xbox headset with a third-party 360 communicator.

[quote name='starnix17']Is the $20 off coupon that comes with the 360 12 month starter kit from CD Universe already expired?[/quote]

Yeah. It expired last year. I just got mine in the mail today. It's still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='limesqueeze']Yeah. It expired last year. I just got mine in the mail today. It's still a pretty good deal.[/quote]

Yea..got mine yesterday as well..expired. :cry:

[quote name='dangerman77']FYI, my Kmart has the 12-month live kit "Premium Gold Pack" on clearance for $24. I just bought the last one here this AM.[/QUOTE]

I found 2 of them at one of my local KMart (HR, VA). They had both the 360 kit (the one with the expired sticker) and an original Xbox kit. The 360 kit was $24 and the Xbox kit was like $40.

[quote name='otz']I found 2 of them at one of my local KMart (HR, VA). They had both the 360 kit (the one with the expired sticker) and an original Xbox kit. The 360 kit was $24 and the Xbox kit was like $40.[/quote]

I wish LOL!! I went to my local KMART today and it ws 64(sticker) for the 12 month :( oh well guess No Deal for me

My local target had Xbox (360) Live 12 Month Premium Gold Packs for $41.88 (red clearance labeled "was $59.99")

They included:
12 month subscription card (must be redeemed by 6/30/2007)
Expired $20 off 360 game coupon
Xbox 360 Headset
Xbox Live Arcade Game - Bankshot Billiards 2
200 Microsoft Points

My local Target had them 41.98 also

I dont know if it was a mistake but also had the Vision bundle marked down to 41.98, I picked up both

for 82 bucks
2 years live
Vision camera
expired 20 dollar coupon
400 MS points
Bankshot billiards free
Uno free
Robotron free
2 headsets

Not bad

[quote name='joey791']My local Target had them 41.98 also

I dont know if it was a mistake but also had the Vision bundle marked down to 41.98, I picked up both
[/quote]
None in White Plains NY Target. Will check MA targets when I get home *fingers crossed*

YMMV indeed. Price scanner showed full price on the Vision bundle at Watertown MA.

I had 1 at mine, but I passed on it. I probably should have picked it up for the points and billards and a card for trade. Alas.

lol you know this thread well be resurrected in approx a year from now when all the people that hopped on this deal want to renew.......let's get crackin' on that ;)

[quote name='h0mi']Do those games (uno, etc.) come on a Disc ?[/quote]
Nah, they're on a card with a code you redeem on XBL Marketplace...

I snagged one at Target for $42 it was the last one, so I had to bite even though I'm not up to re-up until like June, I figured eventually I'd need another one and I wouldn't be willing to pay the full retail so why not. Plus, I can trade off the Bankshot Billiards game and headset for something I do want.

My 30-day trial live gold just expired, I tried to buy a code from ebay but the seller said he only sells codes to open new account.

Is there anything different that I must do to reactivate/renew my gold account?

I hate to have to pay full MSRP if I can get the deals from Target etc..

[quote name='kidd2108'] Its only $34.18 w/o shipping?!?! Is this site legit?[/quote] That shouldn't be too hard to believe. I just got the 12 Month Live Kit from CDUniverse.com for 42.xx after GCO.

[quote name='kidd2108'] Its only $34.18 w/o shipping?!?! Is this site legit?[/quote]

They have great deals on all accessories...$18.xx for a quick charge kit. Shipping is pricey and they have tax in Ohio........has anyone else purchased from them and how long did it take to recieve the items?

[quote name='gidal']My 30-day trial live gold just expired, I tried to buy a code from ebay but the seller said he only sells codes to open new account.

Is there anything different that I must do to reactivate/renew my gold account?

I hate to have to pay full MSRP if I can get the deals from Target etc..[/quote]

Not that I am aware of all the subscription cards are the same it doesnt matter if you are new or old

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']When I opened two XBOX Live! accounts a year ago, they required a credit card number even though I used the 1 year (+1 month) card. Two days ago, I get two emails from Microsoft stating they were auto-renewing those accounts against my credit card at $50 a pop.

I did not authorize any auto-renewal when I enrolled a year ago!

I replied to the first email telling them not to charge my account and it bounced back undeliverable.

I called a number on the email to tell them not to auto-renew. After a ten minute wait on the phone, I got a lady in India who I could not understand. It sounded like she had the phone mic inside her mouth. She couldn't understand me either. I got mad and hung up. I then called my credit card company and cancelled my account number.

Those two accounts are on a regular XBOX. I also have one on a 360 that expires in June. I didn't know it would be this much trouble to maintain these accounts! I'm gonna let them just die and do without Live play.

Dooooooooooh!!!![/QUOTE]

XBOX accounts dont die. You have to call them back.

Tell them you want to be billed monthly instead of the yearly $50.

get your credit and then cancel the accounts if you need to.

When I called them with a similar issue, I first added a 3 month ebay code to my account. They switched me to monthly but some how gave me 12 months for free. I didnt owe them anything either because they gave me a credit for the $50 + tax.

so I got 15 months for $20

bread's done
Back