Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

Stupid M$... I wish that would happen for me.
grumpy.gif

[quote name='nikelecious91']Circuit City will be selling 12months+1extramonth for only $39.99 starting 2/3[/QUOTE]

I assume this is the 360 card and not the kit correct?

[quote name='joey791']My local Target had them 41.98 also

I dont know if it was a mistake but also had the Vision bundle marked down to 41.98, I picked up both

[/QUOTE]

Went to go check if my Target had either bundle pack. They did not have any of the Gold Packs, and the Vision Bundles scanned in at $69.99 Oh well, looks like I'll have to go grab one of the CC 12+1 cards today.

[quote name='gidal']My 30-day trial live gold just expired, I tried to buy a code from ebay but the seller said he only sells codes to open new account.

Is there anything different that I must do to reactivate/renew my gold account?

I hate to have to pay full MSRP if I can get the deals from Target etc..[/quote]

You definitely have to open a new account (new gamertag) with some of these cards from ebay (i.e. the ones that say so), otherwise you will get an error code when you try to extend an existing account. I speak from experience, sadly. You can read up on a lot of frustration here.....

http://forums.xbox.com/1/9857849/ShowPost.aspx

[quote name='peril']You definitely have to open a new account (new gamertag) with some of these cards from ebay (i.e. the ones that say so), otherwise you will get an error code when you try to extend an existing account. I speak from experience, sadly. You can read up on a lot of frustration here.....

http://forums.xbox.com/1/9857849/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

Great... with my luck, I'm sure I'd get that problem even if I buy the card from Target/CC.

Time to pay full MSRP to M$...

[quote name='Spruce']Nah, they're on a card with a code you redeem on XBL Marketplace...[/quote]

So I enter the code and am told I can download Uno/etc. for free? I guess I could sell the code...

[quote name='h0mi']So I enter the code and am told I can download Uno/etc. for free? I guess I could sell the code...[/quote]
Yep, everything in the box was like that actually (minus the headset). A card each for Robotron 2084, Uno, and the 12 months of Live service. Could easily be sent in a PM for some random trade.

Had to share my deal:

Kmart - a year of xbox live gold
200 market place points
arcade game - billiards
and a headset
for $24

It was the box with the expired $20 off coupon. Great deal, never would have even checked it out without this post! Much appreciated!

[quote name='peril']You definitely have to open a new account (new gamertag) with some of these cards from ebay (i.e. the ones that say so), otherwise you will get an error code when you try to extend an existing account. I speak from experience, sadly. You can read up on a lot of frustration here.....

http://forums.xbox.com/1/9857849/ShowPost.aspx[/QUOTE]

Wow I never knew there were that many problems. I was actually thinking of purchasing the 12+1 month combo but now I'm a little nervous about it. Is there anything I need to be aware of?

[quote name='Loge18']Had to share my deal:

Kmart - a year of xbox live gold
200 market place points
arcade game - billiards
and a headset
for $24

It was the box with the expired $20 off coupon. Great deal, never would have even checked it out without this post! Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

Just got one tonight myself. OP, please change the Kmart pricing to $24. I was wondering if the one I got from Target for $41.98 was a good deal. HELL NO, now! I was going to try to find another if/when Target dropped the price again (probably $33 or something). Now I've saved myself a ton of hassle. Very nice. I knew the Kmart pricing was a bit less than Target and I'm glad I stopped in to check. Of course the thing was tagged $69.99 and locked in the case, so it would have sat there until someone who knew about it came along. Nice for me!

I was going to post this in the Kmart clearance thread but Shrike closed it and the OP of that thread hasn't made a new one (that I can find). Oh well, best I can do is put it here.

Edit - OK, what is the problem redeeming 1600 points cards that everyone is going on about in this thread?
http://forums.xbox.com/35/9857849/ShowPost.aspx#9857849

I bought 2 cards at Gamerush that I'm not likey to use any time soon. The problem is, this store is closing (so no refunds or anything once they do). What is this about retailers needed to activate the points cards codes? That makes no sense. All these people are filing PayPal disputes against ebay sellers for selling them cards that haven't been activated properly, yet the problem seems to me to be on MS's end. Very wierd.

Yeah I was reading about all the complaints. It appears that the new cards require retailers to activate the cards when u purchase them. Apparently the retailers are not aware that they are suppose to activate them and are selling them without activating them at the register.

Question for you guys how do u know how much time you have on your account? I entered a 12 month card and I can't find an expiration date on when my account goes back to silver. I'm thinking about adding a second 12 month card via these bargains available right now but I want to make sure I end up with 24 months on my account.

Thanks,

[quote name='gidal']Great... with my luck, I'm sure I'd get that problem even if I buy the card from Target/CC.

Time to pay full MSRP to M$...[/QUOTE]

What you want to do is find one of the old cards that are on clearance. They do not have the problem. It's the new cards in the clear containers that require activiation by the retailer. I purchased the 12 month starter kit with Billards, 200 point card, and headset from target for $41.98

[quote name='Indiana']What you want to do is find one of the old cards that are on clearance. They do not have the problem. It's the new cards in the clear containers that require activiation by the retailer. I purchased the 12 month starter kit with Billards, 200 point card, and headset from target for $41.98[/QUOTE]
I think the only ones that have to be activated are the ones that are like the restaurant/specialty store/cell phone minutes/iTunes cards that hang loose on the pegs at places like supermarkets and such. Anything in a blister pack should work normally without any kind of activation.

Be aware of this!

The 12 month card in the XBOX Live 12 Month Premium Gold Pack that I purchased from Target for $41.99 will not allow me to extend my current gamer tag on my XBOX. I get this when I try to renew:
"You entered an XBOX Live subscription code that should only be used to create new accounts. Please check the code and try again"

I will have to create a new gamer tag - not a big deal for me since my stats are worthless. HOWEVER, the catch is that I cannot turn off credit card auto-renewal unless I opt to extend my tag with a card code, which XBOX won't let me do with this new card. My account is due to renew in a week.:headache:

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']Be aware of this!

The 12 month card in the XBOX Live 12 Month Premium Gold Pack that I purchased from Target for $41.99 will not allow me to extend my current gamer tag on my XBOX. I get this when I try to renew:
"You entered an XBOX Live subscription code that should only be used to create new accounts. Please check the code and try again"

I will have to create a new gamer tag - not a big deal for me since my stats are worthless. HOWEVER, the catch is that I cannot turn off credit card auto-renewal unless I opt to extend my tag with a card code, which XBOX won't let me do with this new card. My account is due to renew in a week.:headache:[/QUOTE]

That's strange the starter kit i bought says I can extend or start a new account. It provides instructions for both on the card. Did you buy the 360 kit? or the original xbox one?

[quote name='Indiana']That's strange the starter kit i bought says I can extend or start a new account. It provides instructions for both on the card. Did you buy the 360 kit? or the original xbox one?[/quote]

Yes, this is the 360 Premier Gold Kit and I am trying to use it to renew a legacy XBOX account. I just got off the phone with XBOX Live support. They said they'd have to remove the CC auto-renew in the system, I'd have to let my account expire, then I could start a new account and restore the gamer tag somehow. It took about 30 minutes and 3 reps to get the CC auto-renewal turned off. This is so complicated that I think I'll just stick with my 360's Live account and give up on the legacy XBOX system for Live activities. I'll still have to give them a credit card number to apply this new card to the legacy XBOX, so why set myself up for more pain in the future?

I spent about a half an hour last month with XBOX Live support getting them to explain to me how I could turn off auto-renew to my CC. At that time they gave me instructions saying to go into "payment options" and select "prepaid card" and enter the card number. So I went out and bought this :censored: Gold Pack to get the card, and headset and.....the rest is insane history. The card doesn't work for renewal, so auto-renew to a credit card isn't turned off without a call.

They did say the card would work to renew my 360 account, but I have my doubts.
Me:puke: Microsoft

Just an FYI on a new deal if you have paypal. Newegg has the 12 month Gold for ~$45 shipped - $15 Paypal Rebate = $30. I'm going to jump on this since it seems to be the best easy-to-get deal for now.

Just picked up a live starter kit at the K-Mart on 34th street and 7th ave in NYC for 48 bucks. It comes with the headset, Project Gotham Racing 2, Xbox Live Arcade, and of course, 1 year of service. Would be a good deal if the two games were BC. Maybe they'll be decent trade in fodder though?

[quote name='mzbagel']Just an FYI on a new deal if you have paypal. Newegg has the 12 month Gold for $45 shipping - $15 Paypal Rebate = $30. I'm going to jump on this since it seems to be the best easy-to-get deal for now.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably jump in on that too.

[quote name='Nutty Buddy']This is so complicated that I think I'll just stick with my 360's Live account and give up on the legacy XBOX system for Live activities.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you're saying here. You don't need two Live accounts for 360 and Xbox 1. The same Live account will work on both consoles.

[quote name='mzbagel']Just an FYI on a new deal if you have paypal. Newegg has the 12 month Gold for ~$45 shipped - $15 Paypal Rebate = $30. I'm going to jump on this since it seems to be the best easy-to-get deal for now.[/quote]

Link please

[quote name='jza1218']Just picked up a live starter kit at the K-Mart on 34th street and 7th ave in NYC for 48 bucks. It comes with the headset, Project Gotham Racing 2, Xbox Live Arcade, and of course, 1 year of service. Would be a good deal if the two games were BC. Maybe they'll be decent trade in fodder though?[/QUOTE]
The More I think about it, the more I want to return this. Nothing really special, heck, I'd rather pay 10 bucks more to TRU and get the 360 kit with Bankshot Billiards, the headset and 200 points. I think I'm going to return this.

[quote name='icecavern']Is the KMart $24 deal YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Only YMMV as to the specific pricing (whether it is $24 or $36). It should be on clearance at all Kmarts, though. Kmart clearances are pretty universal - though occasionally an item or two won't have been entered into the system at a particular store (the drops are done individually at each store when they get around to it). But eventually, almost always, it will drop to the prices everyone else is seeing. The $36 price is pretty old, though, so you should get at least that out of it. Chances are they will be less than $24 pretty soon too.

[quote name='io']Edit - OK, what is the problem redeeming 1600 points cards that everyone is going on about in this thread?
http://forums.xbox.com/35/9857849/ShowPost.aspx#9857849

I bought 2 cards at Gamerush that I'm not likey to use any time soon. The problem is, this store is closing (so no refunds or anything once they do). What is this about retailers needed to activate the points cards codes? That makes no sense. All these people are filing PayPal disputes against ebay sellers for selling them cards that haven't been activated properly, yet the problem seems to me to be on MS's end. Very wierd.[/quote]

The thread started off as being about 1600 points cards but has enveloped everyone getting the same error code with their 12+1 month live cards too (35 pages worth to date). M$ seems to want to blame the retailer for not activating the cards properly (how you can buy something at Wallyworld without it being scanned first escapes me) but if that were the problem, then why do they magically work when a new account is created?

Ebay purchases seem to be the biggest offenders, and for obvious reasons, the hardest to resolve, but nobody's saying exactly what the real problem is. And like kojubat said, the blister packaged cards aren't a problem, just the credit card/gift card-style individual cards.

wait wait wait is that live thing at kmart for 36 or 24 for the original xbox or the 360?!? it says (original xbox) next to it..I'm about to go there now to pick it up if it's for the 360 but if it isnt im not gonna bother. someone answer quick cause im about to go! thanks.

picked it up at the target for 30 bucks.. the 12 month gold kit.. pretty good price.. i also saw it at a walmart for 40.00 the same kit.. it looks like its going on clearance at alot of places..

[quote name='nikelecious91']wait wait wait is that live thing at kmart for 36 or 24 for the original xbox or the 360?!? it says (original xbox) next to it..I'm about to go there now to pick it up if it's for the 360 but if it isnt im not gonna bother. someone answer quick cause im about to go! thanks.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart one that I got for $24 is for the 360. There is also one for the original Xbox that is clearanced, but, for whatever reason, not as cheap. Be aware though that it is very YMMV as to your Kmart actually having one of these. I've been to 3 recently and only one had it.

The same 360 kit scans $30 at Target now, too, but I didn't see any actually in stock (had the DCPI code with me on my sheet of Target clearance items).

[quote name='peril']The thread started off as being about 1600 points cards but has enveloped everyone getting the same error code with their 12+1 month live cards too (35 pages worth to date). M$ seems to want to blame the retailer for not activating the cards properly (how you can buy something at Wallyworld without it being scanned first escapes me) but if that were the problem, then why do they magically work when a new account is created?

Ebay purchases seem to be the biggest offenders, and for obvious reasons, the hardest to resolve, but nobody's saying exactly what the real problem is. And like kojubat said, the blister packaged cards aren't a problem, just the credit card/gift card-style individual cards.[/QUOTE]
I bought a code off of Ebay, but I didn't read that it can only be used to create a new account. I'm trying to sell it now-- I doubt he'd take his money back since he sent me the code and all.
He did have a shit load of feedback for selling codes, though.

[quote name='nikelecious91']wait wait wait is that live thing at kmart for 36 or 24 for the original xbox or the 360?!? it says (original xbox) next to it..I'm about to go there now to pick it up if it's for the 360 but if it isnt im not gonna bother. someone answer quick cause im about to go! thanks.[/QUOTE]
Does anybody know if the old "original Xbox" cards (black and red packaging) will work to extend a 360 gold account? Sears had a bunch of these for $25, but all the 360 (white and orange packaging) ones were $50.

Thanks.

[quote name='MacGuffin']Does anybody know if the old "original Xbox" cards (black and red packaging) will work to extend a 360 gold account? Sears had a bunch of these for $25, but all the 360 (white and orange packaging) ones were $50.

Thanks.[/quote]they should work fine, but if i doesn't call xbox live customer service to help you activate it for your account.

I dont think they will. They only way those would work is if you activated it on your xbox and transfered it. Or you could just call customer service

[quote name='mzbagel']Just an FYI on a new deal if you have paypal. Newegg has the 12 month Gold for ~$45 shipped - $15 Paypal Rebate = $30. I'm going to jump on this since it seems to be the best easy-to-get deal for now.[/quote]

How do you get the $15 paypal rebate?

[quote name='MacGuffin']Does anybody know if the old "original Xbox" cards (black and red packaging) will work to extend a 360 gold account?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I just used one about a month and a half ago through the website.

After searching B&M stores, I finally caved and bought it at cduniverse with google checkout. How long does it generally take to ship?

Like the guy above me said: I bought it off of newegg.com. They have it for $39.00 + $4.99 shipping.

Paypal gives you $15 over $30.

[quote name='Labombadog']Like the guy above me said: I bought it off of newegg.com. They have it for $39.00 + $4.99 shipping.

Paypal gives you $15 over $30.[/QUOTE]
Does it just occur after you pay for it? Or is there a code you have to enter?

[quote name='mzbagel']WOW. With the $15 rebate that $25 bucks :)[/QUOTE]

becareful with that paypal rebate. last christmas they was running a 20 off 50 rebate and a lot of people didn't receive the 20 rebate back.

question. so i purchased the 12 month gold kit.. and was wondering if it ever "expires" i already have an xbox live account for 12 months.. and i only registered for that in december.. and now i have this extra kit.. Do i have to register my new 12 month gold card by any certain time? i mean if it does expire.. purchasing this extra gold kit was definitely pointless and a waste of money

I think the card might need to be entered by a certain date. There's nothing on the card? If you're going to use it anyways then why not just enter it and have the extra year tacked onto your current subscription? That way you don't have to worry about the expiration.

bread's done
Back