Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

[quote name='princess_sounintha']question. so i purchased the 12 month gold kit.. and was wondering if it ever "expires" i already have an xbox live account for 12 months.. and i only registered for that in december.. and now i have this extra kit.. Do i have to register my new 12 month gold card by any certain time? i mean if it does expire.. purchasing this extra gold kit was definitely pointless and a waste of money[/quote]

My gold kit 12 month card states "This membership card must be redeemed by 06/30/2007". The Bankshot Billiards card states the same. The 200 points card doesn't indicate any expiration. You can add the 12 months now and it will be added to your current cancellation date, so you'll be good until Decemeber 2008.

[quote name='murdoch623']Just got the Gold pack at Target for $29.99!

Thanks![/quote]

I just got it too. Great deal! Thanks.

[quote name='zandrolouie']No, It's the one with 12 months GOLD + headset + Billiards + 200 MS points :D[/quote]

Typical Target YMMV though, my location has not marked this down nor the DS stylus 2 pack -- not that I want those though.:cry:

For those you asking.
You can extend your account with an ORIGINAL xbox subscription. I have done it in my account with the $5/3month deal from TRS. Also, the packages had past exp date from Apr 2006.

[quote name='zandrolouie']No, It's the one with 12 months GOLD + headset + Billiards + 200 MS points :D[/quote]

orly? Maybe I should head over there.

Might have to buy the Gold live kit from cduniverse - $10GC.

Ive searched at my local Targets and Kmarts and non had last years bundles in stock. :cry:

I also noticed that theres a Live vision kit bundled with the usual, but instead of a headset, its the camera. is the Camera worth it? anyone know of a good deal for these kits?

Thanks in Advance.

They had nothing of the sort... :roll:

I'm still stuck at silver :(
My 30-day gold trial just expired and after reading all the horror stories from people failing to extend/activate codes (xbox forum), I'm not so sure I want to risk my money

Has the problem been fixed now? Anybody did theirs recently?
Especially with these on-sale kits?

[quote name='gidal']I'm still stuck at silver :(
My 30-day gold trial just expired and after reading all the horror stories from people failing to extend/activate codes (xbox forum), I'm not so sure I want to risk my money

Has the problem been fixed now? Anybody did theirs recently?
Especially with these on-sale kits?[/QUOTE]
The only problem is with the cards that need to be activated, and that's only sometimes. They look like regular store gift cards that hang on a peg without any packaging.

If you buy something in a box or a blister pack, you'll have no issues.

[quote name='cloudspear']did anybody newegg order ship yet? i order on monday and now it is thursday and still haven't ship yet.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I ordered mine on Friday. It shipped Monday and arrives on my doorstep today.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bought a code off of Ebay, but I didn't read that it can only be used to create a new account. I'm trying to sell it now-- I doubt he'd take his money back since he sent me the code and all.
He did have a shit load of feedback for selling codes, though.[/quote]
Same shit just bought a code off ebay from a seller with excellent feedback from selling codes, but I have to make a new account with the actual 360. Luckly I just ordered a 360 & only made a profile on the XBox Live website. Sucks though I have to make a new one & readd all my friends, but man I'd be pissed if I had a shitload of achievements & what not. Ohh well my 360 will be here Saturday & I'll find out if the code really works or not then. :drool:

[quote name='Techsticles']Same shit just bought a code off ebay from a seller with excellent feedback from selling codes, but I have to make a new account with the actual 360. Luckly I just ordered a 360 & only made a profile on the XBox Live website. Sucks though I have to make a new one & readd all my friends, but man I'd be pissed if I had a shitload of achievements & what not. Ohh well my 360 will be here Saturday & I'll find out if the code really works or not then. :drool:[/QUOTE]
Let me know how it goes-- how much did it cost? Now I have to buy one because now Microsoft refuses to refund me. Those bastards.

When?! And where?! because I haven't seen anything of the sort at all.
grumpy.gif

Question hopefully you guys can help with.

I just bought my xbox in january, and got my free month trial when i made a gammer acount. My girlfriend also made an account and got 1 month free aswell. Today i found the gold live kit @ sears for $49. Got home and activated the 12 month code. Is this gona extend the gold account to my gamertag only? Does my girlfriend also have to buy more live gold passes to keep playing online? Or does every account on a xbox with a valid gold pass get to keep Gold statues?

Hope my question makes sense, Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Question hopefully you guys can help with.

I just bought my xbox in january, and got my free month trial when i made a gammer acount. My girlfriend also made an account and got 1 month free aswell. Today i found the gold live kit @ sears for $49. Got home and activated the 12 month code. Is this gona extend the gold account to my gamertag only? Does my girlfriend also have to buy more live gold passes to keep playing online? Or does every account on a xbox with a valid gold pass get to keep Gold statues?

Hope my question makes sense, Thanks in advance for any help.[/quote] It only extends the account that you activated it on.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']It only extends the account that you activated it on.[/quote]

Dam that sucks. I might have to go back to sears and buy that other Live pack they had for $49. I'll have a 3rd and extra headset do, i wonder what gamestop will give me for it.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Can the GGC or coupons like the ones from Gamepro be used on the Xbox Live subscription cards/kits?[/quote]

Has anyone tried using one?!?!...

[quote name='Bathory']Has anyone tried using one?!?!...[/quote]Still don't know about the GGC, but the ones in that "CAG Coupon Pack" don't work... it says "excludes service cards" in the fine print. Bummer.

I was at my local Sears and saw an old original 12 month Xbox live package. It's the one with Crimsons Skies, headset, and live arcade. Out of curiosity I went to the front the check the price and it was $9.99! I snagged that up in a second. From what I understand it works on the 360, but I still have the original Xbox, so it's good times.

BTW: My old account expired, and from what I understand, you can't use your old gamertag. Has anyone has any success in reactivating an expired account or am I just SOL?

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Still don't know about the GGC, but the ones in that "CAG Coupon Pack" don't work... it says "excludes service cards" in the fine print. Bummer.[/quote]Actually, no, it does work, because in their system the cards are set up as an accessory.

I've gotten 2 months of XBL for $2.99+tax. The Gamepro $5 off coupon used on a 1 month, $8 card. Kind of a pain, but it's a pretty good per month rate.

So which will only start an account and which will extend my account? My account runs out next month and I dont want to buy a card that can only create an account, I want to extend mine.

yes, they do. or at least, they have for me and my friend. I have heard reports that the code was de-activated when some people tried to use them, but aparently if you call up x-box live help line or whatever, they will ask you where you got it (just say you got it in a store or something) and they re-activated it.

Hope this helps!

Hey all... I just got my 360 wireless adapter on ebay yesterday and it should arrive here sometime next week... just wondering what kind of Xbox Live deal is the best one out there for a beginner (most bang for my buck)... Thanks!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Let me know how it goes-- how much did it cost? Now I have to buy one because now Microsoft refuses to refund me. Those bastards.[/quote]

I got one for $39 that required creating a new account & it worked perfectly fine as long as I redeemed the code through the console. I originally tried to redeem it on xbox.com but that was a no go.

[quote name='Rhino3']Hey all... I just got my 360 wireless adapter on ebay yesterday and it should arrive here sometime next week... just wondering what kind of Xbox Live deal is the best one out there for a beginner (most bang for my buck)... Thanks![/quote] The best one for the beginner is any type of deal! Seriously though, if you have more than one control or just want a spare headset, the deals on the 12 month starter kit can't be beat. There's only one caveat; these deals are getting hard to find.

The deals are definitely harder to find these days. I've been looking for the past few weeks and couldn't find anything that great until I hit up that amazon deal last night for 30% off.

[quote name='martint84']The deals are definitely harder to find these days. I've been looking for the past few weeks and couldn't find anything that great until I hit up that amazon deal last night for 30% off.[/QUOTE]

And what deal may that be?

Does anyone use the camera? What is it for? I don't want to see my competitors online, I wouldn't care to see my friends online, what's the point?

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Does anyone use the camera? What is it for? I don't want to see my competitors online, I wouldn't care to see my friends online, what's the point?[/QUOTE]
It's the Official Penis Display Device of Xbox Live.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Does anyone use the camera? What is it for? I don't want to see my competitors online, I wouldn't care to see my friends online, what's the point?[/QUOTE]

My brother and I got it to use it for video chat, which we've done 2 times. It would've been a waste, except we got it for $60 so it wasn't too bad, especially with the arcade games and extra year of live.

i recently got a xbox live year subscription kit for $15 at target, it was on clearance YMMV.
i took the last one within a 30 mile radius of my town

Sorry that this is OT but if my trail period expired, could I just buy a card to renew it without losing anything (like gamertags, points stuff etc) ?

After hearing that the old xbox codes will work with the 360, i might just go to sears and pick one of those kits up.....

[quote name='JokerCard']Sorry that this is OT but if my trail period expired, could I just buy a card to renew it without losing anything (like gamertags, points stuff etc) ?

After hearing that the old xbox codes will work with the 360, i might just go to sears and pick one of those kits up.....[/quote]yea, your account just downgrades to a silver account which you can upgrade at any time.

Can someone explain why some xbox live 12 month cards cannot be used to renew your current gamertag subscription? My wife's is about to run out and I need one that I can renew her year subscription, but I find a lot of the ones sold on ebay say they can only be used if you create a new gamertag. I just want to know why that is, if someone can please explain...

[quote name='Dijital']Unfortunately mine expires March 12th, so I need to get a quick fix and soon![/quote]

Mine expires on the 11th.

:(

bread's done
Back