Xbox Live Subscription Deals Compilation

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Lots of Xbox Live deals floating around, so I just compiled them for easy access.

Xbox Vision Kit
Vision Camera (worth around 30-40)
200 microsoft points (worth $2.50)
2 Arcade games (worth $20)
XBOX headset (worth $15)
Gold for 12 months

$66 shipped at Amazon (thaks Magyk)
Kmart - $36 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
Compusa - $49.99 (as of 1/21)
CDUniverse.com - $41.94 after $10 off Google Checkout

12+1 Month Live Subscription Card
Amazon.com - $39.99

3 Month Live Subscription Kit
card + Headset

- Toys R' Us - $5 or $10 (Original Xbox Live Kit. YMMV)
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']This isn't the greatest deal. I just got four 3month cards for $10 each at TRU. These are the ones that are packaged for the original XBOX but also work with the 360. I know what you are thinking- it comes out to $40- WRONG!!! Each 3 month pack comes with a headset and adapter. A headset and adapter combo trades in for a little more than $4 at EB/GS. So you end up spending $40 but you also get $12 credit at EB/GS.[/quote]
Updated 3/20

I was in Sam's Club yesterday and found the Live Vision Gold pack for $26.68. NOT KIDDING. It is the full kit with a 12 month live card, the camera, 200MP pts, Robotron, UNO, headset, ect. I was so suprised that I drove accross to the best buy and found the exact same thing for $79.99.

I dont know if this is a YMMV or what, but I am sure it was there... they had 2 left. If anyone is wondering, this was at the Anderson, SC Sams Club. If you are heading to Sams Club, look for these in the games section. If this is a widespread thing, it would blow the $66 Amazon deal out of the water. Let me know if this is a global thing, then this deal might need it's own thread.

[quote name='Lapperscrapper']I was in Sam's Club yesterday and found the Live Vision Gold pack for $26.68. NOT KIDDING. It is the full kit with a 12 month live card, the camera, 200MP pts, Robotron, UNO, headset, ect. I was so suprised that I drove accross to the best buy and found the exact same thing for $79.99.

I dont know if this is a YMMV or what, but I am sure it was there... they had 2 left. If anyone is wondering, this was at the Anderson, SC Sams Club. If you are heading to Sams Club, look for these in the games section. If this is a widespread thing, it would blow the $66 Amazon deal out of the water. Let me know if this is a global thing, then this deal might need it's own thread.[/QUOTE]
So, did you buy it? :D

No, I actually ordered the same thing from GamingLagoon 3 days ago, with all the points I had earned. I wish I had known, I would have bought it at Sams, and done something else with the points from GamingLagoon.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I'm sure its a scam. I've seen lots of listings on ebay with that "works for new accounts only". I almost bought one too but thankfully i was outbid. Live and 1600 MP cards need to be activated if there not sealed in those containers and those sellers on ebay probably stole them, since its just the card only.

I went to the xbox.com site and sent them a email about this and they told me that ALL xbox 360 live prepaid cards will allow you to create OR extend an existing account.

basically stay away from sellers that tell you "works on new accounts only"[/QUOTE]

that is completely false, i know of people who have used the new account only cards without a problem. im not saying some arent stolen but there are cards that only work on new accounts.

My Gold Live runs out in May, and that Halo 3 themed 12+1 month Live card is supposed to ship April 20th.

Circuit City has prepaid Live year cards for $39.99 every other month it seems, I hope I can manage to get that Halo 3 themed one for $40.

I know it's just a picture, but I collect Xbox/Halo stuff. I keep all my used Microsoft Points cards, too.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']that is completely false, i know of people who have used the new account only cards without a problem. im not saying some aren't stolen but there are cards that only work on new accounts.[/QUOTE]

funny since i asked a Xbox employee (at the main website) and they basically said there is no such thing as a "new accounts only" card. The odd thing is that you can ONLY find these cards at Ebay.

Not sure exactly how it works but this one guy tried it and did get that (+1) free month but after that his gold account expired. He's on Ebay and sells a stackload of 12+1 live cards but their in those containers. I'll try to find it if its still up since he explains in his auction about these scams.

Edit: I found it http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-Live-12-1-...yZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
a few weeks ago he actually posted the "new accounts only" code that he bought and when you input it, it says that it needs to be activated or something like that.

If your gold account is still up after a month then you got a legit code, otherwise that seller is probably long gone. I still wouldn't trust them unless they got pictures proving that it says that on the actually card or package.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I just found a $30 unused 12+1 month 360 card on ebay but it has this disclaimer in the listing:

Card only works to create a new account

How true is this because I have a trial gold account and want to extend it and would for this price, but is this true?
[/quote]

I will once again refer folks to

http://forums.xbox.com/9857849/ShowPost.aspx#9857849

These cards absolutely work on new accounts ONLY. If you try to renew an existing account, you will get the error code discussed there. It is not possible to renew with these cards but they do in fact work on brand new accounts.

The thread was originally about 1600 points cards, but quickly became all about Live cards. There is speculation that these cards are stolen and thus are not properly activated, but somehow they still slip past M$ for new accounts.

If you've got a gamertag you like or an achievement points balance you don't want to surrender, these cards are not for you. If you're going to buy cards off ebay for the purpose of renewing, I would strongly urge you to pick either cards that are inside a blister pack or the larger cards that have been taken from a starter kit. Good luck.

[quote name='monkeydeew']eek guys i need your help! is this a cheap ass deal? 3month +headset for 15 help i dont even have a old exbox yet![/QUOTE]

Seems like a decent deal since 1 month of live is $5 so its like your getting a free headset. BTW are you trying to use it for the 360? If you are you need to use that code on the original Xbox and then recover it from the 360.

[quote name='linkpwns']Is the vision camera one the best deal? It seems so to me...[/QUOTE]
Do you mean the Amazon deal? If you need another year of live now, that is probably the best deal..., but if you can wait, there are better deals. For example, I posted about the vision camera gold pack at Sams Club for $26.68. I have also seen them on clearance at Target for $50, and people have posted about them at Wal-Mart for $30-40. I would check Sams if you have a membership, because I can assure you that it was there, and I would have bought it if I hadent just ordered it.

Newegg has it for $39.99, plus shipping...about the same as everywhere else, but if you order something else, could be worth it.

Best bet would be Target. After Monday's markdowns i'd imagine the 12 month cards would be anywhere from $10-$15 each. I know buy.com has the halo 3 ones for $31 shipped after google checkout.

which xbox Live cards are being clearanced out at target? are you guys talking about old original Xbox cards or the newer xbox Live cards?

i went to target and they had alot of the newer 12 month + 1 cards but they rang up full price, is that clearance purely YMMV?

[quote name='anarchyburger']which xbox Live cards are being clearanced out at target? are you guys talking about old original Xbox cards or the newer xbox Live cards?

i went to target and they had alot of the newer 12 month + 1 cards but they rang up full price, is that clearance purely YMMV?[/QUOTE]

I've seen both the orange and black (original XBox live) 12 month cards by themselves and the 3 month XBox 360 Live boxes with the headset and Joust on clearance.

[quote name='anarchyburger']which xbox Live cards are being clearanced out at target? are you guys talking about old original Xbox cards or the newer xbox Live cards?

i went to target and they had alot of the newer 12 month + 1 cards but they rang up full price, is that clearance purely YMMV?[/QUOTE]

It's the old-style original Xbox 12 month cards. I saw some for $24.98 recently. They're gone now.

[quote name='gorgo']It's the old-style original Xbox 12 month cards. I saw some for $24.98 recently. They're gone now.[/quote]

Will these original Xbox 12 month codes work on Xbox 360 accounts? I would think they would but just making sure.

[quote name='avatar13']Will these original Xbox 12 month codes work on Xbox 360 accounts? I would think they would but just making sure.[/QUOTE]
Yep.

I bought a 360 Elite yesterday at Kmart and the box advertised a free 30 day gold subscription was included, but I couldn't find a card for that anywhere inside the Elite box ??? anyone else who bought the Elite early found the free subscription offer included?

when you start a new account they automatically give you a free 1 month of live gold. makes the assumption that you are a first time buyer.

[quote name='Bezerker']Best bet would be Target. After Monday's markdowns i'd imagine the 12 month cards would be anywhere from $10-$15 each. I know buy.com has the halo 3 ones for $31 shipped after google checkout.[/QUOTE]
Do you know if these include beta invites?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Do you know if these include beta invites?[/quote]

uhhh they're just live cards with a halo theme printed on it. They don't have a beta invite.

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=37799

If anyone is interested, Gaming Lagoon is a survey based site where you earn point simply by doing surveys and redeem prizes when you have enough amount of points. Its FREE. Prizes some of the prizes are Xbox 360 points, and live subscription, Wii Points, World of war Craft Game time and some accessories for the Xbox 360, Wii and PS3. The site actually pays out and the process is simple for free stuff.

Prizes:
Free 2 Months Pre-Paid World of War Craft Memberships
Free Cookies for Albatross18 in Multiples of 100
Free 1600 Live Points for xBox Live
Free 1, 3, and 12 Month xBox Live Gift Cards
Free xBox Live Headset + Camera Kit
Free Habbo.com Coins in Multiples of 10 and 50
Free 2000 Wii Points
Free Nexon / MapleStory Cash Gift Cards in $10 and $25 Increments
Free Copy of World of Warcraft / Retail Copy
Free Copy of World of Warcraft Expansion Set: The burning Crusade
Free Wii NunChuck Controller
Free 1 and 3 Month Gift Memberships to Gametap.com
Free xBox 360 Wireless Headsets and Controllers
Free Wii Classic Controllers
Free Wii Play with Wii Remote
Free Wii HD Component Cable Sets
Free Xbox 360 64MB Memory Unit
Free Wii G-Pak Case, Wii Pro Gamer's Case
Free for Sony Playstation 3: Chill stream Controller, Memory Card Adaptor, Blu-Ray DVD Remote

[quote name='teddybass']I bought a 360 Elite yesterday at Kmart and the box advertised a free 30 day gold subscription was included, but I couldn't find a card for that anywhere inside the Elite box ??? anyone else who bought the Elite early found the free subscription offer included?[/quote]just create a free silver account and they will give you a free trail for gold for 30 days. Thats how it's has always been, not just with the elite.

[quote name='icyjones']might wanna check out kmart for the 12 month premium gold pack. scored one today for $12. check the kmart thread for details.[/quote]Would you mind selling one to me? Seriously, could you?

[quote name='koruwa']uhhh they're just live cards with a halo theme printed on it. They don't have a beta invite.[/QUOTE]
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks.

[quote name='anarchyburger']wtf?[/QUOTE]
I was just mimicing the guy who said, "Uhhhh" to me. Bit of an asshole as months ago I read rumors it could include a beta invite.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I was just mimicing the guy who said, "Uhhhh" to me. Bit of an asshole as months ago I read rumors it could include a beta invite.[/quote]

wasn't trying be be an "asshole" but whatever...

[quote name='koruwa']wasn't trying be be an "asshole" but whatever...[/QUOTE]
Apology accepted. Thank you.
Anyway, that Halo card for 32 shipped is a good deal regardless. I might buy it to stack another year on my account.

does the live gold subscription start immediately/automatically with a new console & silver membership?

Cause I'd like to start using live soon, at least the silver content, but want to time my one free month of gold to coincide with the Halo3 beta...

My target never has clearanced Live stuff...

[quote name='velvet396']does the live gold subscription start immediately/automatically with a new console & silver membership?

Cause I'd like to start using live soon, at least the silver content, but want to time my one free month of gold to coincide with the Halo3 beta...

My target never has clearanced Live stuff...[/quote]

As soon as you sign up for xbox live for the first time, it will automatically upgrade your silver to gold for a month.

[quote name='ravenbear']As soon as you sign up for xbox live for the first time, it will automatically upgrade your silver to gold for a month.[/quote]

aaaaargh thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='velvet396']aaaaargh thanks for the heads-up.[/QUOTE]

I believe new premium and elites get like 1-month trials for the first 3 live accounts made.

So far i used up 2. One for my main and another for a Japanese account (they don't really have much exclusive downloads on there). If you want to get on live just make a extra gamertag and sign up for live, that way you can download stuff for now. Then if you want you can make your main live account once the Halo Beta starts.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I believe new premium and elites get like 1-month trials for the first 3 live accounts made.

So far i used up 2. One for my main and another for a Japanese account (they don't really have much exclusive downloads on there). If you want to get on live just make a extra gamertag and sign up for live, that way you can download stuff for now. Then if you want you can make your main live account once the Halo Beta starts.[/quote]
Ah that would've been the smart route. I ended up getting a 3 month card code through gaming lagoon (sig) so now I'm good for the next four months! :applause:

As for live vision bundles... other than the occaisional face mapping I don't really see the vision camera as being worth the extra expense. I'm all for another SKU with a possible discount, though.

Going to check a couple of targets and K-marts when I visit my girlfriend this weekend - wish me luck!

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I believe new premium and elites get like 1-month trials for the first 3 live accounts made.

So far i used up 2. One for my main and another for a Japanese account (they don't really have much exclusive downloads on there). If you want to get on live just make a extra gamertag and sign up for live, that way you can download stuff for now. Then if you want you can make your main live account once the Halo Beta starts.[/QUOTE]

How do you get that? I just bought a 360 about a month ago now, made a brand new account (never had Live on my old xbox), and was simply a silver account. I had to buy a subscription to Live.

[quote name='Zmonkay']How do you get that? I just bought a 360 about a month ago now, made a brand new account (never had Live on my old xbox), and was simply a silver account. I had to buy a subscription to Live.[/quote]
It came up right after I made the silver account, said I qualified for a free one month gold trial. Did that first, then went back into my account and added the three month code I got from gaming lagoon.

So now I'm good through then end of August, which gives me plenty of time to find another deal.

Other than that welcome to the 360 party, I'm new here too :)

bread's done
Back