Xbox live to be down 14 hours starting march 27th for Service upgrade !

Limegreen

CAGiversary!
I am a pretty new xbox live user, how often does this happen ?
Or is this rare and can only mean that something great is coming ?

[quote name='guyver2077']it rarely happens..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and it just happens to be the day Shivering Isles comes out. I'm quite angry at that.

Last time their "24 hours" became 48 hours (with no credit to anyone's account, of course) so don't be surprised if they wind up going longer than expected.

[quote name='guyver2077']im pretty sure ppl can still play.... (gasp) ...offline[/QUOTE]
But you can't *gasp* download it without Xbox Live!

Straight from Major Nelson's Blog:

Xbox Live Service Maintenance

Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday March 27th (next week) from 0000 to 1400 PT. As a result of this maintenance, Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be unavailable during this time. I thought I'd give you enough time to plan next weeks gaming schedule. What to do while you can’t hop on Xbox Live? Xbox.com has you covered with this list. This is purely ‘back end’ work that we scheduled months ago. This is not a dashboard update…that will happen later this Spring.

Share: Digg it | del.icio.us | Reddit
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:15 PM by Major Nelson | 152 Comments

Its not too bad of a time for the update, assuming that it gets done on time. For me, its only during times I'd normally not being able to play, 3 AM - 5 PM. So its kind of a good thing, unless of course it goes down for longer than said 14 hours. But either way, I'll get some offline gaming in during the maintenence.

Wait so during maitence time that doesnt count on your suscription? Thats kinda nice that they do that.

[quote name='cyrix`']Wait so during maitence time that does count on your suscription. Thats kinda messed up that they do that.[/QUOTE]

fyp.

It's not that big a deal if it just happens once, but a few times over the course of a live subscription and we're talking a week.. depending on how Caggy you are, that's a lot of cents :)

[quote name='cyrix`']Wait so during maitence time that doesnt count on your suscription? Thats kinda nice that they do that.[/quote]
That is nice.

By the way what does a subscription cost per day? 13 cents? Just wondering…

[quote name='Kevlar281']That is nice.

By the way what does a subscription cost per day? 13 cents? Just wondering…[/quote]
49.99 / 365 = 0.1369589041095890410958904109589

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']It's probably just servers and such to have it run smoother.[/QUOTE]
Pure coincidence that they're running maintenance the day the Oblivion pack comes out, or preparation for server overload? :)

[quote name='JJSP']Pure coincidence that they're running maintenance the day the Oblivion pack comes out, or preparation for server overload? :)[/quote]

Maybe Microsoft is getting off their asses and going to prep it for them to release of the Gears of War content.

[quote name='Limegreen']I am a pretty new xbox live user, how often does this happen ?
Or is this rare and can only mean that something great is coming ?[/quote]

Doesnt happen often, nothing great will come. When something great will come, it is usually called the spring update.

[quote name='JJSP']Pure coincidence that they're running maintenance the day the Oblivion pack comes out, or preparation for server overload? :)[/quote]

Probably. I'm sure the amount of Live Users and players has definitely increased. I remember last year when it could barely handle the load from GOW/CoD3.

Luckily I got my schedule from work for next week, and I'm working until 6:30 that day anyway. It better be ready when I get home! I'm going to be tired, and want to do nothing but play Shivering Isles!

bread's done
Back