Xbox Live turns 5ive [Contest and Giveaways]

TomoyoN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Don't know if it's already posted but here is some info about Xbox Live turning 5ive.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/liveis5ive/default.htm

Celebrating their fifth year of existence, Microsoft is doing something huge for the Xbox Live community. Starting Thursday, make sure you take full advantage of all the great things available.
*Free XBLA Arcade Game: Carcassonne - Free to download for everyone for 48 hours.
*Free Microsoft Points: 500 for anyone who has been a member since 2002.

(Copied from X360A)

Thanks for this, I hadn't actually read the dashboard at all about this though I saw the Seether thing. This is pretty sweet considering it is my bro's birthday too and he will be 18. I can't wait to kick Seether's asses on Call Of Duty 4.

Cool. That xbox originals thing is a joke though. 1,200 ($15.00) or the disc version for less and you have space on your hardrive. I wonder which is better.

there's also a "Play and Win" going on on Thursday.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/liveis5ive/playandwin/default.htm

As part of the big fifth birthday celebration, we're kicking off a huge Play & Win Sweepstakes where you could score some great prizes just by playing online.

Just register your gamertag before midnight (ET) on November 15, 2007, to be eligible to win. You can score an entry into the sweepstakes by playing a multiplayer Xbox 360 game on Xbox LIVE between 12:01 A.M. ET and 11:59 P.M. ET on November 15.

Prizes

Five First Prize packages: VIP Accessory Kits consisting of the following:

* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
* Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
* Xbox LIVE Vision Camera
* Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit
* Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote
* Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter
* Xbox 360 Wireless Headset
* Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64MB)
* Limited Edition Xbox 360 Aluminum Carrying Case (lock combination: 360)

Five Second Prizes:

* Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

Five Third Prizes:

* Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Five Fourth Prizes:

* Xbox 360 Wireless Headset

Twenty-five Fifth Prizes:

* 12-Month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription

Twenty-five Sixth prizes:

* 1600 Microsoft Points

You must register for your chance to win!
Register your gamertag before the end of the promotion on November 15. Check out the Play & Win rules for full details on the sweepstakes, including more info on how to register and participate, as well as detailed prize information.

The Play & Win promotions from Xbox.com are an easy way to jump in and interact with the Xbox LIVE community. It's easy to enter and you could win some great prizes. Look for more exciting Play & Win promotions in the future!

Good luck everyone!

Does anyone else think its... gulp... kind of cheap of Live to only offer +/- $6000 total dollars in prizes for their 5th anniversary? :whistle2:# How much was the estimated value of the All Spice Challenge?

-Dr. Ugly

Well, they are giving away Carcassonne, a $10 game, potentially to everyone who uses Live (they claim 8 million users). Obviously some have already bought the game and many, many more will either not be interested or not hear about it, but still, that's potentially much more than $6k worth of giveaways!

[quote name='PagingDrUgly']Good luck everyone!

Does anyone else think its... gulp... kind of cheap of Live to only offer +/- $6000 total dollars in prizes for their 5th anniversary? :whistle2:# How much was the estimated value of the All Spice Challenge?

-Dr. Ugly[/quote]

Damn too bad I already got Carcassonne (for free anyway, but I could've gotten something else for free...).

Thanks OP

I use Hotmail.com for email and registered my xbox live account to that and it always tells me "Windows live ID is unavailible for this site"

WTF I wanna be in this any ideas?

Should i make a MSN account?

[quote name='Secret Turtle']I have been a member since Live started, any idea how to get my 500 free points?[/quote]

Supposedly they'll email you.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']I have been a member since Live started, any idea how to get my 500 free points?[/quote]

Yeah xbox.com says check your email for instructions/details. I received nothing so far. Anyone else get anything???

Should you receive notification once you've registered for this contest and the COD4 live fire weekend contest? I didn't get any notification after registering for COD4. With the 5ive contest, at first it said that registration was closed, even though it should be eligible until the end of today. Then suddenly I got a page saying that I was successfully entered. Is there any place you can go to see if you're actually registered for these contests?

I just got the email - you have to log in to a website and verify your XBL account info - then it says you will receive a "token" code for 500 pts via email by December 21st......

Edit - per popular request - here is the site that the email links you to. When you go to it it says you will only get the points if you "qualify" & "we will validate your submission" - so it probably won't work for you unless you really have been on xbl since the beginning......

https://reg.msgamestudios.com/Default.aspx?site=Xbox360Live5Yr

Hmm....lucky you guys. But I do know XBOX Support Studios has been undergoing massive server maitenance so they lost alot of peoples info. Which sucks, becuase I got no points. Oh well!

bread's done
Back