Xbox Live Vision Camera Bundle (1 year XBL + Arcade game) $40 B&M @ Best Buy (YYMV)

abhinav

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just saw this same deal instores at Best Buy, I'll post a pic soon but it's the Vision Camera with 1 year of XBL and an arcade game for $40. Great deal, grab it while you can (Might be YYMV but doubt it)

if you can still get it for that price it's a damn steal, comes with UNO and robotron as well!

I wish it came with some more points as 200 can't buy anything worth buying

from what ive heard this bundle also includes a wired headset, this may be common knowledge but I felt i should pass it on, but all of this stuff is indeed a steal especially for those such as me who havent picked up uno yet. im gonna check on this tommorow I think.

Hey CAGers,

Lame question, but I just wanted to know what's the difference between XBL Silver and Gold? From what I understand Silver allows you to play online, but Gold offers free demos and you can earn gamer points or whatever. I should be finally taking the plunge this week and purchasing a 360. Excelsior!

J

[quote name='Slodaddy']Hey CAGers,

Lame question, but I just wanted to know what's the difference between XBL Silver and Gold? From what I understand Silver allows you to play online, but Gold offers free demos and you can earn gamer points or whatever. I should be finally taking the plunge this week and purchasing a 360. Excelsior!

J[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've got that backwards. You can't do anything online without Gold, Silver only lets you download demos and things (and lately they've been artificially limiting Silver members for a few weeks on some demos).

I do wonder what's going on with all these deep discounts on Live-someone on another thread wondered if it was a response to the other platforms.

Part of me feels like this is a good deal, and part still feels like it's a ripoff since it's still just a year, and I wouldn't get much use out of it.

Just to make it more clear.

Silver does not allow you to play games online unless it requires an additional fee, FFXI and Phantasy STar Universe are both playable over Live with a Silver account. Silver also, as stated, has been limited in Demo/Video releases. The only other difference (and MS points this out even though you'd think it would be obvious) is that silver has a more limited friends list (not being able to join a friends game etc).

[quote name='abhinav']I just saw this same deal instores at Best Buy, I'll post a pic soon but it's the Vision Camera with 1 year of XBL and an arcade game for $40. Great deal, grab it while you can (Might be YYMV but doubt it)[/quote]

Which BB in the Metro area did you see this at?

Anyone can confirm? This is a steal but it seems to good to be true especially since they still sell there original ones at retail price.

Site still lists it for $80 so I'm guessing they just mistakenly put them under the price tag for the stand alone vision camera. Hope I'm wrong though since I missed out on the Amazon deal last week.

Sorry guys this is not true. I just came back from the Best Buy in Southfield, MI. It still comes up $79.99 there.

Goddamn, these deals are absolutely EVERYWHERE.

Even with the reward zone at BB, I'm glad I got in on the Amazon deal with no tax.

EDIT: Ah, so this deal is either a fake, or YMMV. Definitely glad I got in on the Amazon deal.

[quote name='thebob101']Which BB in the Metro area did you see this at?[/quote]

Arundel Mills, the giant malll place

[quote name='Mojimbo']Site still lists it for $80 so I'm guessing they just mistakenly put them under the price tag for the stand alone vision camera. Hope I'm wrong though since I missed out on the Amazon deal last week.[/quote]

Could be but i doubt it, i didnt see the cheaper version there. I'm sending my friend their to pick one up (for himself) so he'll ask if it's YYMV.

Yeah I believe this deal is dead, I called in to BB before heading to check and the guy price checked it at $80.

I wound up going to buy.com and buying it with google checkout for $47, so still a good deal if I remember to cancel an automatic resubscription to my current XBL..

[quote name='kaidoy021']Just buy it from www.buy.com with google checkout. I just picked up one for $47.99.[/QUOTE]
I don't know hos, since it's $53.99 there with Google Check out

[quote name='Decker']I don't know hos, since it's $53.99 there with Google Check out[/QUOTE]

I ordered one at 3pm and it was $67.99 before the discount w/free shipping (so $47.99).

Looks like they jacked the price up a bit since then.

checked 2 best buys, the deal is a fake. There is a camera bundle for 40, but it doesnt come with the year of XBL. The OP must have looked at the wrong one, or it was one that was priced wrong.

[quote name='ryanbph']well the amazon deal is back, check the front page[/QUOTE]

That's from last Friday.

Well, I'm going to do the "buy.com/google checkout" deal.

I don't really want or need the camera, so I called Gamestop and they told me I can get 15 for it.

So if I sell them the camera, I'd essentially get the year subscription of XBL for $40 with the extra headset, 200 MS points, Uno, and Robotron as little bonuses. Not bad.

[quote name='Infinite217']Well, I'm going to do the "buy.com/google checkout" deal.

I don't really want or need the camera, so I called Gamestop and they told me I can get 15 for it.

So if I sell them the camera, I'd essentially get the year subscription of XBL for $40 with the extra headset, 200 MS points, Uno, and Robotron as little bonuses. Not bad.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I didnt really need the camera either, guess i'll be trading mine in too when I get it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Thanks for the info. I didnt really need the camera either, guess i'll be trading mine in too when I get it.[/QUOTE]

the 15 is trade-in credit, its 20% off of that for cash

bread's done
Back