Xbox LIVE's Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale 2011

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
I'm not entirely sure if MS will add any new items to the 2 lists below, but here's what you can expect to be on sale on those 2 days.

Preview of Black Friday's and Cyber Monday's Deals

Black Friday One-Day Sale on November 25

XBLA Games

boxartlg.jpg

Full House Poker — 400 MSP (normally 800 MSP or 50% off)

boxartlg.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2 — 324 MSP (???) (normally 1200 MSP or 73% off - it may be priced at 325 or 320 MSP)

boxartlg.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team — 400 MSP (normally 800 MSP or 50% off)

Games on Demand

boxartlg.jpg

Fallout 3 — $29.99 (normally $39.99 or 25% off)

Cyber Monday One-Day Sale on November 28

boxartlg.jpg

Beyond Good & Evil HD — 240 MSP (normally 800 MSP or 70% off)

boxartlg.jpg

Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale — 600 MSP (normally 1200 MSP or 50% off)

boxartlg.jpg

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection — 400 MSP (normally 800 MSP or 50% off)

cboxriskfactions.jpg

Risk Factions — 200 MSP (normally 800 MSP or 75% off)

Also, there's going to be a special offer on Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions over the weekend.

I wouldn't recommend Mortal Kombat. It's a perfect arcade port.... which means the games were designed to take as many quarters from you as possible. I've never been so frustrated playing a fighting game, even on Easy mode. I consider myself to be pretty decent at MK, but I couldn't get past the first couple stages because the AI reads your moves and counters them EVERY. TIME.

Also the online was very laggy and there still hasn't been a patch for it. Save your money and buy BG&E.

Nice! BGAE for 240 points is a steal. Played that game a lot on my first xbox and loved it. I'll grab Risk too just so I can finally learn to play the game and not say no to the board game every time my son asks to play because I have no clue.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Nice! BGAE for 240 points is a steal. Played that game a lot on my first xbox and loved it. I'll grab Risk too just so I can finally learn to play the game and not say no to the board game every time my son asks to play because I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

Be warned that while Factions is fun, it's really nothing like the board game.

[quote name='Opopanax']Be warned that while Factions is fun, it's really nothing like the board game.[/QUOTE]

You can choose to play the classic board game rules and set up each and every time you play.
You don't have
to play the Factions rules and objectives or have the cartoony animations enabled.

[quote name='Opopanax']Does MvC2 have a decent online community or is it mostly dead?[/QUOTE]

havent played in a while but you can always find a match here and there

Wow, I've been hoping for a sale on BG&E but didn't expect it to be this good. Awesome.

Everyone download the trial now so you can activate and start playing immediately on Monday! :)

beyond good and evil looks great at that price already played it on a previous system so I will not get it

dont buy fallout 3 games on demand i doubt it comes with the dlc and you can currently get the GOTY edition at ebgames.ca (formerly gamestop.ca) for 20.00 (10.00 off)

And the GOTY version of Fallout 3 is $15 on Steam right now, if anyone's on the fence about it and also plays PC games. You can get Fallout: New Vegas and all the DLC for around $16 there for another 3 hours or so, too :)

[quote name='mataman']Is the Cyber Monday deals only for gold members or everyone?[/QUOTE]

Just like the Black Friday sale, the Cyber Monday Sale should be open to everyone.

[quote name='buyandsell']is warhammer kill team worth the money?[/QUOTE]
I've been debating this too - I love the whole 40k aesthetic and trappings, and it's not poorly made or anything, but it's really just a simple dual-stick shooting gallery at heart. I've only played the demo, so there might be more to it further in (there's a bit of an upgrade path to the characters), but it seemed fairly bare up to the point they cut you off. Give that a shot if you havn't already, but I think I'm personally going to bottle up my xeno hatred for the calculated brutality of Space Marine :)

[quote name='gepet0']How is daggerfeild and risk?[/QUOTE]

I would not recommend D&D: Daggerdale. I don't own it myself, but it's supposedly broken and it will never be patched because the developer was split up.

If you like board games then you'll probably like Risk Factions.

Everyone must purchase Beyond Good and Evil at that price. That's unreal. It's worth it even at twice the full price.

To bad I already grabbed Beyond G & E when it first came out on day 1. That's a great deal, that and the MK Arcade are the best of the lot imo, but that's not what I was expecting.

Tbh the Live Black Friday sale was meh at best too. Prob won't be picking up MK Arcade even at that price. I'm rather disappointed this year with Microsoft. Although they will make a ton of money off of Gold members buying Beyond G & H for that cheap of a price point, so good for them.

No avatar or themes on sale (besides the ones they posted on BF)?

[quote name='Jouvert']
If you like board games then you'll probably like Risk Factions.[/QUOTE]

I love board games and thought Risk Factions was putrid. Carcassonne, Catan, Ticket To Ride are much much better.

[quote name='dotCody']Is Beyond Good And Evil really that good?[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite games of the last generation. It's world just stands out from the crowd, especially in today's gaming landscape.

Such a great soundtrack!

[quote name='dotCody']Is Beyond Good And Evil really that good?[/QUOTE]

TBH I thought it was good but nothing amazing but for 240 you definitely can't go wrong. If I hadn't already played it you won't regret the purchase.

it's a good game
in fact it's probably the best game no one played
when it came out, NOBODY bought the game, they even gave it for free when you were buying prince of persia
I have the original one on Gamecube and Xbox 360 and I really liked this game back in the days

bread's done
Back