Xbox one $15 controllers at walmart

what he is asking is if he can to take the controller purchased at $15 and trade it for another $60 controller if his rings up at $60 there,, To answer the question, YMMV....try it.

braiiins, on 11 Apr 2017 - 5:40 PM, said:
Oh ok. I still don't think it would work. They'll charge you the difference - most likely. They are different skus and Walmart employees stick to whatever the computer says- be it good or bad for us CAGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok. I still don't think it would work. They'll charge you the difference - most likely. They are different skus and Walmart employees stick to whatever the computer says- be it good for bad for us CAGs.
Yeah, exchanging for a different controller with a different UPC/SKU will probably not work-- UNLESS, you just get them to give you store credit (as a gift card), and then use that to buy the other controller that you want.

Yeah, exchanging for a different controller with a different UPC/SKU will probably not work-- UNLESS, you just get them to give you store credit (as a gift card), and then use that to buy the other controller that you want.
thats what he would have to do. In my experience getting a store gift card over $25 without receipt leads to varying amounts of cooperation, sometimes outright denials.

I called the one local store that brickseek said they had four... Younger kid sounded hesitant to even talk to me on the phone and immediately told me they didn't have any. I told him online stock showed they had four and he put me on hold for a few minutes came back with a shaky voice and said no the online info was wrong. Not sure if he was lying to me or not but I didn't bother going.

***hmmm I just checked brickseek again and it still says they have four of these controllers at $15??

If anybody wants to use this controller on PC, to use it wireless you need to buy a USB dongle for $20-25. This version is the older controller and has no bluetooth. So the only way to use it without spending more is wired through a USB cable(not included), but most of us have plenty of those hanging around. 

I called the one local store that brickseek said they had four... Younger kid sounded hesitant to even talk to me on the phone and immediately told me they didn't have any. I told him online stock showed they had four and he put me on hold for a few minutes came back with a shaky voice and said no the online info was wrong. Not sure if he was lying to me or not but I didn't bother going.
***hmmm I just checked brickseek again and it still says they have four of these controllers at $15??
Brickseek told me a store had 8 in stock but it went to 0 before I could get there. The next store with them at $15 had 4 in stock. Didn't bother calling since I had other stuff I needed to get. The guy checked all the cabinets and didn't seem to know what he was looking for even though I showed him the page on the website. Then he said someone came buy saying he wanted to buy all of them. I mentioned that the website (brockseek and Walmart) said this store had it in stock. He said they may be getting them in...

thats what he would have to do. In my experience getting a store gift card over $25 without receipt leads to varying amounts of cooperation, sometimes outright denials.
I just realized that this is a Walmart exclusive so if I got one I couldn't do what I usually do and take it to a different store (like target) and say "I got this as a gift, can I exchange it with a different one." I don't know how easy that would be to do at walmart but whenever I did it at target they didn't care. One time they told me I was over my limit for game returns for the year but still let me do it.

I don't think that really works anymore except if you get lucky with a more-oblivious-than-normal walmart customer service employee. It worked several months ago, but now people just buy the item at the higher price, then try to use their credit card company price protection policy if/when the price goes down in a few weeks. I've been wrong before though. One time.
It worked.

I think he meant return it with the receipt to get back the $60 at a store that have them on clearance for $15 but was OOS, and then come back a little later to buy the same controller for $15. Kinda' sneaky, but it may work.
Not really that sneaky, nor did I mean leave and go back.

Just did it tonight and they did it right there, no issues at all. I had bought 3 online at 60$ each, brought them to a Walmart that had them at 15$. Since I ordered them online they had to return them and then purchase them on a separate receipt.

Yep and it worked :)
Nice! So there's a Wally World 2 miles from me with 8 but they're still full price. I could buy one and bring it to the Walmart one town over that is selling them for $15 but is OOS, return them there for a full refund... then ask them to ring them back up for me and they'll ring up $15? Or did you wait for them to put them back in the case?

Nice! So there's a Wally World 2 miles from me with 8 but they're still full price. I could buy one and bring it to the Walmart one town over that is selling them for $15 but is OOS, return them there for a full refund... then ask them to ring them back up for me and they'll ring up $15? Or did you wait for them to put them back in the case?
I told them that I need to return and rebuy them because they are cheaper here than where I got them. I was told by customer service that this was ok.

Just do it all right there bc I'd assume they won't make it back to a shelf.

Haha you guys and your fraud. Too funny! So tell the guy behind the counter what you are doing and let's see what him / his manager says

Haha you guys and your fraud. Too funny! So tell the guy behind the counter what you are doing and let's see what him / his manager says
Can you please explain how utilizing a store return policy and repurchasing a product constitutes fraud. I am actually very interested to know.

The halo 5 locke controllers are 35 in my area. I think ima buy just one so they can realize they still have them in stock and lower the price so they can sell. That's what happen with the armed forces controller i bought one for 30 and they had 10 in stock next thing you know they went down to 15 and had only 1 left.

Seriously? That happens all the time depending on store stock. It's not that big of a deal... but if you need a reason to commit fraud... go for it.
But it's not return fraud, according to the definition, which is the closest form of fraud you could relate it to.

If Walmart price matches competitors including their website, this is forcing them to price match themselves.

If the store sells that product for that price, what's the difference between returning the product and buying it there? Net loss is the same company-wide. Walmarts are not franchised.

bread's done
Back