Xbox One Controller With 3.5 MM Jack Question

GolfMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey CAGers, I was wondering if you all could answer a question for me.

I have one of the Day One Edition Xbox Ones, but I didn't realize until a couple days ago that the new controllers have a 3.5 MM Jack built in.

For those that have the newer controllers can you use your Apple Earbuds to hear the game and talk to people as well?

I also have some old Turtle Beaches I could possible use again if you can use that 3.5 MM Jack for your headset.

Answers are appreciated!

Thanks!

As long as the earbuds/headphones you want to use have a mic function to them (and can plug into a 3.5mm jack), you should be able to use them for two-way comms.  That makes me wonder about my Apple earbuds.  They are super comfy and WAY less bulky than what I normally use, so I might have to give them a try (they go pretty much unused otherwise anyway).

As long as the earbuds/headphones you want to use have a mic function to them (and can plug into a 3.5mm jack), you should be able to use them for two-way comms. That makes me wonder about my Apple earbuds. They are super comfy and WAY less bulky than what I normally use, so I might have to give them a try (they go pretty much unused otherwise anyway).
Thanks for the reply. Will you please let me know your experience trying your Apple Earbuds if you try and use them. I am thinking about buying a new controller if you can.

Thanks!

As long as the earbuds/headphones you want to use have a mic function to them (and can plug into a 3.5mm jack), you should be able to use them for two-way comms. That makes me wonder about my Apple earbuds. They are super comfy and WAY less bulky than what I normally use, so I might have to give them a try (they go pretty much unused otherwise anyway).
So did you try them? Found a set of earbuds myself and am curious.

I use the Samsung ear buds that came with s5 whenever I dont feel like breaking out my sol master tracks. I don't even use a traditional set of "gaming headphones" anymore.

Who needs a robo dick boom mic in your face when you can take a paperclip and hook the wired mic to your shirt collar? ;)

The audio works fine, but there is no voice chat capability apparently.
Thats what I was wondering about. I thought maybe you would be able to use the iPhone earbuds to listen and to talk since it has the mic, like it does if you were on your phone.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I was wondering about. I thought maybe you would be able to use the iPhone earbuds to listen and to talk since it has the mic, like it does if you were on your phone.

Thanks!
Apple earbuds use their own proprietary tech for the mic (because they have to be special...). Any random Android or non-Apple earbuds with mic should work with the 3.5mm controller.

bread's done
Back