Xbox One Elite Controller $119.99 on toysrus.com

Great deal but for some reason i think a new rev may be coming soon with bluetooth....and i already have one...I dont know why this is still so tempting.....

It's part of their 4th of July-One Day Only sale. All video game accessories are 20% off and all video games are buy 1 get 1 40% off according to the email I received this morning.

Tempting, but gonna wait and see what pops up later this year. If we do get a new model of it, the current one will likely drop to at least this price again, if not further.

Great deal but for some reason i think a new rev may be coming soon with bluetooth....and i already have one...I dont know why this is still so tempting.....
A revision (if at all) wouldn't come out until next year. There is a Gears themed one coming out later this year that has no change other than a cosmetic exterior for the inane price of $199.

I tried out this controller for a bit, but in the end it just didn't justify the extra costs.

- I found the paddles to be convenient (after getting over the initial hurdle of being accustomed to using them), but for most games I played the 2 longer paddles were unnecessary and so I removed them as they get in the way (controller feels more comfortable without them).

- The hair triggers I didn't use much since I don't enjoy FPS but for the games I tried, they don't trigger unless fully depressed which means the function was pointless.  I tried it on The Witcher 3 -- casting spells and such.  I guess it's exclusively for FPS games (or perhaps Gears too).

- Interchangeable thumbsticks were okay.  I really like the concave thumbstick (like on DS4) since convex digs into my thumbs, but the concave tops they have included are of a taller length than the standard, which don't work for me.  

The other remaining parts are fluff: braided cord, controller case, etc.  I already have a Lunar White controller with the extra grip on the back so I don't count it.  I would recommend this controller if it was the only controller you had for the Xbox One + you had extra dough for it.  If you already have a Xbox One controller like me, you're not missing much, even with this sale.

That's a good price but I'm gonna have to pass again. I've already got two w the rubber grip which is in my opinion the best addition, the GS Lunar White and the Forza 6 Blue.

bread's done
Back