XBOX One...now or later?

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey all

So I am starting to see a number of promos out there in terms of trade ins for an xbox one.

I have a 360 Arcade model (can throw in the 120gb hard drive if needed) and a 4gb Xbox 360 S with no hard drive.  About 3-4 controllers including a wired one.  I currently have another newer S model before they released the E version.  That newer S model I will keep because of the lack of BC on the XB1. 

I have about about 165 in reward zone certificates and about 200 dollars in various pre-paid (visa/mc/ae). 

Basically if I wanted to I could use my RZCs and GC's to pay next to nothing for the system.

My questions are:

-Should I wait for the revised model (it will happen)?

-Should I wait for hell to freeze over (BC for 360 games)?

-If I get it now, will best buy give me a decent amount towards the XB1?

Unless you have something else you want to spend your RZ certs on, I'd get it now during the $50 off promo. You won't get much of anything for your Arcade model.

I wouldn't count on BC for 360 ever happening. If anything, it will be a PlayStation Now-type of service that allows you to stream or download 360 games that appears in the distant future.

Best Buy might give you a decent amount for your S model, but I'm not too sure of that. You can check the trade value on Best Buy's Trade In website.

My questions are:

-Should I wait for the revised model (it will happen)?

-Should I wait for hell to freeze over (BC for 360 games)?

-If I get it now, will best buy give me a decent amount towards the XB1?
To answer your first 2 questions about waiting, now seems to be a good time to get one with the $50 off holiday promo and bundled games like Assassin's Creed, COD, or Sunset Overdrive. If you can get your hands on a 10% off USPS movers coupon, you can bring down the price even further. That is what I will be doing within the next couple weeks.

Trade up promos seem to be targeting 250GB Slims or bigger from what I've seen. the 4GB model only trades in for $51 at Best Buy and I'll spare you the details on the 120GB model.

isn't there like a 150 promo trade somewhere?
I did some Googling and I found a $100 trade up promo through Microsoft, but it looks like you would have to buy the Xbox One from Microsoft Store. You would get more for your Xbox 360 there, but you obviously wouldn't be able to use a 10% coupon or your Best Buy certs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some Googling and I found a $100 trade up promo through Microsoft, but it looks like you would have to buy the Xbox One from Microsoft Store. You would get more for your Xbox 360 there, but you obviously wouldn't be able to use a 10% coupon or your Best Buy certs.
Indeed

I was under the impression that if you bought from the MS store, that with a 360 trade in and the 50 buck discount, that it would be 250 plus taxes etc for an X1 bundle.

If that's the case you can't find a better deal then that, in my opinion.

Sorry if this is misleading (or wrong in any way). As far as a slim X1 I imagine those won't be announced until E3 of 2015 at the earliest if that soon.

Edit: I believe there is a promo code you can get to use with the Microsoft Store to save an additional 5%. If that is not dead already it should stack with the other offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called the MS store and they confirmed 100 bucks for any 360 model and get 100 off, only once per xb1...the other 360 I have would go into recycle credit which would be less.

So I am comparing the models I have to best buy's trade in site.  According to the back of my system, it says its the XBOX 360 S Model 1436....when I Google it I can't find the exact model on BB's trade in site.   Some of the sites says its a 4gb only. 

A bit of a backstory.  Back in April of 2012 (I think) Microcenter had the holiday 250 gb bundle with Forza 4 and Alan Wake for about 150ish.  I called ahead and they confirmed they had it so I went over to get it and found out they couldn't find it.  After 2 hrs they finally found it and it turned out to be the display model.  I inspected it and the first thing I checked was the hard drive...which was stolen!  I spoke to the manager and he said the only thing he could do was knock 10% off retail on a newer model if they couldn't find it.  After they found it I told him about the missing hard drive and he dropped it to 80.  They gave me a scratched version of Forza 4, no alan wake and later I find another copy of forza 4.  I ended up trading in both forza's later on.   So.... did the 1439 model ever have a hard drive to begin with?  All the checking I did says NO...so they gave me the wrong system..argh..

Anyways what is technically the 1439 model on the bb trade in site?

I've been in the "hold off until 2015" camp, but man, $350 + 10% movers coupon for an Xbox One, Assassin's Creed Unity & Black Flag, and a year of Xbox Live gold is just a stupid good deal. I don't really want the extras, so I'll probably just sell them making the price on the system even better. If you really want to play COD, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, or Forza, I'd say jump in and enjoy the games available right now. If not you might as well wait it out. I personally can't wait for Halo MCC so it's a no brainier for me.

bread's done
Back