XBox One or new TV? Questions and PS4 problems

Phi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
PS4s have HDMI handshake issues with my $400 Insignia 42" HDTV. I have tried updating the firmware on the TV but it did not work for some reason. My last PS4 had issues but this new PS4 is a replacement from Sony. Both PS4s and regardless of cable used, had handshake HDMI issues with my TV. What happens is that every 45 minutes of playing PS4, my TV loses its HDMI signal and I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the picture and sound back.

The way I see it, I have two options. Buy a $500, better brand 42" HDTV to try to fix the problem. Or trade my PS4, extra controller, 6 games and Eye camera to Gamestop for probably a XBox One, an extra controller and a couple of games. Hopefully the XBox One doesn't have the same issue. And do you think I even have any chance of finding a XBox One at retail Gamestop stores if I decide to do this?

I would personally invest in a better TV first. It's a tossup whether the Xbox One will have similar handshake issues.

Have you checked around to see if other people have had similar problems with that TV and the PS4? Who knows, maybe they are working on a fix for it.

PS4s have HDMI handshake issues with my $400 Insignia 42" HDTV. I have tried updating the firmware on the TV but it did not work for some reason. My last PS4 had issues but this new PS4 is a replacement from Sony. Both PS4s and regardless of cable used, had handshake HDMI issues with my TV. What happens is that every 45 minutes of playing PS4, my TV loses its HDMI signal and I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the picture and sound back.

The way I see it, I have two options. Buy a $500, better brand 42" HDTV to try to fix the problem. Or trade my PS4, extra controller, 6 games and Eye camera to Gamestop for probably a XBox One, an extra controller and a couple of games. Hopefully the XBox One doesn't have the same issue. And do you think I even have any chance of finding a XBox One at retail Gamestop stores if I decide to do this?
This was my exact situation. My PS4 had the HDMI issue where no matter what, it would not stay in there tight. It would get loose and the picture would get blurry, and then just drop it's picture. Instead of sending it in to Sony, I brought it back to Gamestop and got my refund, the full amount I paid back onto my debit card. I even got them to take back the Dualshock 4 I bought from them, since I had the original packaging. As for the games, I had 3: Killzone, NBA 2K, and Battlefield 4. I sold them easily online for 40 bucks a piece, which was perfect because I bought them during Target's B2G1 deal.

I knew it wasn't my TV's issue, as I have a 42 inch Vizio that has literally never given me an issue before. Best TV I've ever had, and the damn PS4's HDMI still wouldn't stay in. It sucks, but it sounds like you got two faulty PS4s, because I really don't believe it's your TV since I know a good amount of people have had the issues that we both have had. I know it's 100 bucks more, and you're gonna take a loss if you're trading the stuff in, but I think buying the One is the way to go.

Let me know what you decide to do, and good luck!

bread's done
Back