Xbox One - Sunset Overdrive Out Now!

Did anyone else pick up a copy of the game from the MS store? If so, did yours come with any pre-order bonuses? I posted all the retailer-specific bonuses but I didn't get anything extra beyond the Day One Edition.
Update: Just got the MS store codes emailed to me. Hopefully you'll have the same.

Got a question about collectables. I bought the maps for the first area but it appears the one item I am missing I can't find. It's
The cell phone next to the meat plant.
I just want to know if I am just missing it or do some collectables become available after certain story points even after you bought the maps.

Got a question about collectables. I bought the maps for the first area but it appears the one item I am missing I can't find. It's
The cell phone next to the meat plant.
I just want to know if I am just missing it or do some collectables become available after certain story points even after you bought the maps.
I believe that is the only collectible in the game that requires a story mission to open it up. I got every single one of them and I dont remember any others giving me issues about not being able to access.

I agree on the movement gripe and +1 for a sprint button, that and I think enemies should drop ammo too when you're low, I haven't noticed that they do and you can only get ammo from the boxes that's why I say that. Other wise I'm enjoying the explicit language and the combat, I'm a sucker for collectibles and this game has a lot of them too.

Well I'm about 4-5 hours in to this game and its still not really clicking for me, so I think I'll trade it in.  With MCC and GTA V coming out soon thats where my gaming time will go and I can trade this to Walmart for $65 now and then rebuy down the road.

Another thing I'm liking is the draw distance is really far for a console, kind of impressed at how far away you can see the dolls floating in the air.

This game is great! I played it for the first time on Wednesday since the stupid Xbone takes so long to download and install and I finished the main story with a few side quests tossed in by Saturday. Still working on the last quests and of course the collectibles and challenges!

My favorite boss definitely

The Fizzie Balloon fight.

Get ready to die asshole!!
That cracked me up

This game is great! I played it for the first time on Wednesday since the stupid Xbone takes so long to download and install and I finished the main story with a few side quests tossed in by Saturday. Still working on the last quests and of course the collectibles and challenges!

My favorite boss definitely

The Fizzie Balloon fight.

Get ready to die asshole!!
That cracked me up

Well I traded Sunset Overdrive today.  Couldnt pass up $65 for it...will rebuy down the road.  Hope it gets more fun as I was 6 hours in and not really loving it.

Assuming I don't have overtime today will finally collect every damn collectable.

I really, and I mean really appreciate that they bunch up these collectables together so while there is over 800 of the damn things, you can knock out 2-3 of them a minute.

traded it in for 44 bucks at best buy today after beating it yesterday. will say game was really good for first couple hours then after awhile it was doing same thing over and over again like any other game. 

I've been crack-piping on Destiny and NOW Dragon Age: Inquisition is out.

I need to quit my job.
I know what you mean. Although for me, it's been Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive, and now Far Cry 4 is out. I picked up FC4 on Tuesday and haven't started it yet.

Yeah I picked up Sunset Overdrive with Target's B2G1F deal and I have to say I'm ashamed I haven't started it either. Was playing Forza Horizons 2 and now it's Dragon Age: Inquisition lol.

That said I hear the game will be free for 24 hrs for Live Gold members on the 24th.

starting this tonight, without spoilers is there any one thing I really need to know before starting?
I would say that it takes a few hours to feel fully comfortable with traversal in the world, so don't get too frustrated if you don't like it at the beginning. A few hours in you get a little air-dash move that makes it a lot easier to chain grinding and jumps without landing on the ground, which is what the game really wants you to be doing.

Basically what Danimal said. Spend the first couple of hours learning the map and getting the hang of movement and shooting. Once air-dash kicks in Sunset City is yours to conquer. SO has some of the best game play flow and level layout from any game released this year, sans Titanfall. 

P.S. You don't have to complete all sidequest or challenges prior to finishing the game. You can always do so after completing the main story. 

Thanks guys.  I know sometimes you start a game only to find out that you should really be putting stats into this, or upgrading that weapon right away.

I did find the controls in the opening sequence a little jarring but I did have my focus split a little while I was playing so I'm going to blame that.

Thanks guys. I know sometimes you start a game only to find out that you should really be putting stats into this, or upgrading that weapon right away.
I thought of one other thing. I didn't realize this right away, but the game has 2 different currencies- money, and cans of Overcharge. The money is used just for buying clothes, while you spend the Overcharge on weapons, ammo, and maps of where to find the collectibles. (In turn, most of the collectibles are used as currency for buying or upgrading your amps) Since I somehow didn't notice that maps and weapons were both paid for with the same currency, when I bought a bunch of maps early on, I couldn't afford any of the new weapons for a while. I'm probably the only person playing this game who made this dumb mistake, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

Just got the game for Christmas and it's pretty darn fun!  The traversal is fluid and the combat is fun.  The profanity might turn some people off, no doubt, but I like the attitude the game projects.   fuck it.  Let's blow some crap up!

Just got the game for Christmas and it's pretty darn fun! The traversal is fluid and the combat is fun. The profanity might turn some people off, no doubt, but I like the attitude the game projects. fuck it. Let's blow some crap up!
Aside from getting it right before BF so this. Lol figured I'd take the wrapping off the game and play this game.

bread's done
Back