XBOX One X Scorpio edition available on target.com MSRP

Is the only difference with the Scropio edition just the tagline on the controller?
Also a tag line on the console, it comes with a stand to stand it up vertical , and I'm not sure if the 1 month game pass trial comes with the regular one or not if anybody wanted to try it.

Just a heads up, if you live in a place with sales tax, Newegg.com also still has Project Scorpio systems. It's also MSRP, but no sales tax which saves me $33 over Target or picking up a system locally. The shipping is pretty cheap too. 

Also a tag line on the console, it comes with a stand to stand it up vertical , and I'm not sure if the 1 month game pass trial comes with the regular one or not if anybody wanted to try it.
Scorpio edition also has a gray gradient that runs from left to right in the console.. it's kind of making me question going with the Scorpio edition, hope it's not as ugly as it looks in pictures.

Just a heads up, if you live in a place with sales tax, Newegg.com also still has Project Scorpio systems. It's also MSRP, but no sales tax which saves me $33 over Target or picking up a system locally. The shipping is pretty cheap too.
So what about those who live in California?

Scorpio edition also has a gray gradient that runs from left to right in the console.. it's kind of making me question going with the Scorpio edition, hope it's not as ugly as it looks in pictures.
Hmm, I’m kind of concerned about the grey gradient too. I may have to return and rebuy a regular version since I used about $200 in store credit and $100 in rewards points. I’m now sitting on another $250 in rewards too.

Target shipped my order via Fedex. However, it is through smart post. Way to drop the ball Target. Expected delivery, 11/13....

Target shipped my order via Fedex. However, it is through smart post. Way to drop the ball Target. Expected delivery, 11/13....
I'm in the same boat. I really hope it is not 11/13. Does smart post mean the tracking don't update? Mine has had no movement still since they printed the label late Saturday night.

I'm in the same boat. I really hope it is not 11/13. Does smart post mean the tracking don't update? Mine has had no movement still since they printed the label late Saturday night.
Don't get your hopes up. If it was shipped from one state away, you are looking at 3 days. Go up from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't too keen on the gradient either (but still wanted it because it's limited) and I actually really like it in person. It's a very slick looking machine.

From my understanding Smart Post usually means Fedex will handle the shipping and transfer to the local post office for the final delivery. There are rare times that Fedex will skip the post office and deliver to the final destination.

Idk enough about it to purchase. Seen it on display this weekend at bestbuy. The system is almost the exact same and the controllers are also the same lol they dropped the ball in my opinion. At least change the controller up lol

The controller also has the small project scorpio logo in the center. Small touches, kind of like the day one edition of the original.

From my understanding Smart Post usually means Fedex will handle the shipping and transfer to the local post office for the final delivery. There are rare times that Fedex will skip the post office and deliver to the final destination.
What I'm wondering though is why hasn't the tracking updated since they printed the shipping label and supposedly on the way to the fedex facility late Saturday night. Is that normal for fedex dumbpost shipping?

What I'm wondering though is why hasn't the tracking updated since they printed the shipping label and supposedly on the way to the fedex facility late Saturday night. Is that normal for fedex dumbpost shipping?
I have the exact same thing showing up on my tracking number, no update since the printed the label.

That sucks! Was hoping to set it all up tonight since I had the evening open.

That comes down to Target processing center. They create the label and provide the package to fedex for their usual pickups. Most likely they were held until Monday for shipping. My history shows processing for shipping on 11/1 but didn't ship til late last night.

Well Fed ex finally scanned it and moved the delivery date to 11/14. **** At least I know it's not lost now though and I still have my One S to play.

I actually picked one up at the Clifton, NJ store on my way home from work today. There were 6 units in the display case. None were the scorpio edition. It's actually kind of nice to see a console launch where not only did they make enough systems to cover their pre-orders but extra for walk ins like me. Very curious to see this thing in action and compare it to my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same thing showing up on my tracking number, no update since the printed the label.

That sucks! Was hoping to set it all up tonight since I had the evening open.
Got mine in today! Really happy it got here for the weekend. A lot better then Monday or Tuesday like it originally said. :D

Got my Scorpio edition today. Originally scheduled to be delivered on Monday. I was off at work today and got the delivery message. So i had to go to work and pick it up to have a great weekend.

bread's done
Back