Xbox One X Scorpio Edition in Stock from MS on eBay

What's so good about this one compared to what is sold in stores?
None. Same exact system as the regular Xbox One X except for "Project Scorpio" branding on console and controller. Also includes a vertical stand. That's about it.

View this as a collectors item. If you could care less about limited edition color variants of consoles then this really isn't a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Project Scorpio edition and I have had no problems with mine since release date. Played 4K and regular bluray movies, also Xbox One and 360 games worked perfectly.
I'll throw my hat in the "working" ring too. Haven't had an issue since launch except for the usual suspend freezes but so far that has only happened in Wolfenstien II.

It seems pretty unlikely that Ms changed anything between Scorpio and regular Xbox one x considering both were available at launch. Y'all got some actual factual evidence or

From Screenrant:

"So technically, what is the difference between Xbox One X and the limited release Project Scorpio?

According to Microsoft, the latter will sport an aesthetic resembling the original Xbox plus with the addition of the cool-looking green colored name of the system on its front, as well as, a gradient design. Further, a special controller which will have “Project Scorpio Edition” also in green lettering will also be included in the package.

Other than these cosmetic changes, there seem to be no significant differences between Project Scorpio with the standard Xbox One X with their internal hardware mostly identical. If anything, the $499 (same price as the 1 TB Xbox One X ) device is only for those die-hard fans of the console line who want to acquire a unit of the one-off variant."

My launch unit failed and my friend had issues. Ended up getting a standard and had 0 issues since. Higher risk of failures on launch units.

My launch unit failed and my friend had issues. Ended up getting a standard and had 0 issues since. Higher risk of failures on launch units.
The issue is they didn't put enough thermal paste on the cpu. It's also old and dried up a little. Seen several openings of the scorpio edition and that's the only issue.

The issue is they didn't put enough thermal paste on the cpu. It's also old and dried up a little. Seen several openings of the scorpio edition and that's the only issue.
Nope. Hard drive issues, eventually games wouldn't play on internal only, saves wouldn't sync and sometimes dash wouldn't even load. I have a long thread about it on reddit. MS teamed up with Seagate and AFAIK the new ones still use Seagate but seem to have gone through more testing. They usually fail in the first 1-2 months.

The X also uses some sort of new method in terms of loading and saving games as load time has been cut down on the X for a lot of games. Probably has something to do with that as well.

Found the text too distracting, and the bottom half of the regular system has the woven texture anyway, not missing much unless you think it will hold value better. Still, nice that they’re doing this, good find.

So I found an Scorpio edition at Walmart...but the price tag said $999 ? Can they do that?
I'm going to assume yes. They can technically do that, but I don't understand why they would. MSRP (of $500) is just a suggestion from the manufacturer (i.e. Microsoft in this case), but the when a product is bought from a manufacturer, the purchaser (in this case Walmart) already bought the unit from MS and then they can price accordingly to gain some profit. That is why there is a "unit sold" and "unit shipped" numbers.

Did you look at Walmart's website? If so, you have to make sure that it's "Shipped and sold by Walmart". Walmart has a marketplace feature like amazon. You have to see who it's being sold from. Usually, big named stores will keep items at MSRP, smaller mom and pop shops (and ebay sellers) sell them at any price they want.

I'm going to assume yes. They can technically do that, but I don't understand why they would. MSRP (of $500) is just a suggestion from the manufacturer (i.e. Microsoft in this case), but the when a product is bought from a manufacturer, the purchaser (in this case Walmart) already bought the unit from MS and then they can price accordingly to gain some profit. That is why there is a "unit sold" and "unit shipped" numbers.

Did you look at Walmart's website? If so, you have to make sure that it's "Shipped and sold by Walmart". Walmart has a marketplace feature like amazon. You have to see who it's being sold from. Usually, big named stores will keep items at MSRP, smaller mom and pop shops (and ebay sellers) sell them at any price they want.
It was inside their store I was grocery shopping and seen it in the case with the other Xbox’s...the price sticker had a yellow $999 on the top corner

bread's done
Back