Xbox (original) to PC controller adapter

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I recently got two XBOX Street Fighter Anniversary pads and I'm looking to use them with my PC. Anyone have any recommendations for a good controller adapter?

I just make my own. The Xbox plug is nothing more than a reshaped usb plug. All you need is an xbox extension cord and the male end of a usb cable with a few inches of cord and about 30 minutes of free time.

A quick google search will provide you a proper how-to.

If you just want to buy an adapter though, can't help you there.

[quote name='sp00ge']I just make my own. The Xbox plug is nothing more than a reshaped usb plug. All you need is an xbox extension cord and the male end of a usb cable with a few inches of cord and about 30 minutes of free time.

A quick google search will provide you a proper how-to.

If you just want to buy an adapter though, can't help you there.[/quote]

would be a fun project... unless you screw up the controller... then it would be a waste of time and money lol

[quote name='triplehelix']would be a fun project... unless you screw up the controller... then it would be a waste of time and money lol[/quote]

That's why you should just pick up an extension cable for dirt cheap. I'm sure you can find them at EBGS for next to nothing.

There's not much to mess up. It's only 5 wires you need to splice. The only other thing you need is the drivers, which can be find by another Google search.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's why you should just pick up an extension cable for dirt cheap. I'm sure you can find them at EBGS for next to nothing.

There's not much to mess up. It's only 5 wires you need to splice. The only other thing you need is the drivers, which can be find by another Google search.[/quote]

yeah, sorry wasn't using my brain, failed to recognize the extension cable bit :whistle2:#

I have some extension cables... I might look into this for myself this summer, just for fun :)

bread's done
Back