Xbox problem loading dashboard

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hey people, I thought post here before going to any other places to post asking.

Yesterday when I turned on my Xbox instead of directly loading my profile it went to the choose profile screen. I clicked my profile it took a while to load it and then at the homepage for the dashboard it just sat there with the spinning circles. I turned it off and turned it back on and it worked normally (loaded my profile without prompting me to choose it, etc.)

Today the same thing happened. I turned it off and turned it back on and it is still doing it and I can't get the dashboard to load. I'm guessing this is a hdd issue? Before I go out and try to buy a hdd I wanted to make sure.

Also - what are the risks of getting a new hdd. Are there problems with the ones for sale on most sites that come from China? I'd rather not have to buy a new 360 - especially since the holiday bundle was on sale like 2 weeks ago.

Edit:
After turning it on/off like 6 times it finally went right to the dashboard no problem and it seems to work okay.

Mine has been horrible at loading the dash since the last couple updates. I found the best thing to do is clear the system cache. Once I do that, I'm signed in right away.

I didn't know this problem could be because of using too much space on your HD. I had that problem with my old 360. It started when I downloaded the new dashboard update, so I just attributed it to that. It would never load the dash the first time. I would have to shut the 360 down and it would always work the second time.

Like was mentioned, just clear the system cache, and it should work fine. However you should know that clearing the cache removes some game updates in the process, and once you load up one of those games you'll just be prompted to install the game update again. Essentially this will only last a little while. Only other thing to do would be to remove things you dont necessarily need on your hard drive. Things like unused music files and w/e else you may not have touched in a while.

For what it's worth, the me dashboard made a massive (good) difference for our main Xbox. It use to take literally a minute to show the games list. Now it's a few seconds. I'd try clearing the disk cache and see if that helps. It may do the trick.

Me and my son both have 250gb HD's. I have 9gb8 left, he has 217gb left. His sign in time and load times are way way way faster than mine.

This happens on mine as well. I simply open the guide and go to where I want to go. The dashboard isn't worth looking at anyway.

bread's done
Back