xbox/ps2 converter???

How well do the controller converters work? I mean I love my PS2 controller so if I could use that on the Xbox with no drop off in quality that would be sweet. Anyone who actually uses one of these?

Here's the one I have:

http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html

Works perfectly for me. I've never had lag on mine, and I use it for DDR, so I suppose that would be the ultimate test right? I mostly use it becuase I have a metal DDR mat for the PS2, and I use it for play on my Xbox. It also lets you use your PS1/2 controllers on Gamecube as well. I have seen them at the local Wal-Mart for cheap though, so I'd look there first!

[quote name='Rig']Here's the one I have:

http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html

Works perfectly for me. I've never had lag on mine, and I use it for DDR, so I suppose that would be the ultimate test right? I mostly use it becuase I have a metal DDR mat for the PS2, and I use it for play on my Xbox. It also lets you use your PS1/2 controllers on Gamecube as well. I have seen them at the local Wal-Mart for cheap though, so I'd look there first![/quote]

Just on the matter of DDR metal PS2 > XBOX, do you ever get angry live people saying you're a cheater since you use the metal pad since they see it as a controller?

I own the Wal-mart adapter and it's been fantastic.

It let's me use my PS2 Logitech cordless controller on my Gamecube, but for some reason I can't get it to work for my XBox. Must be some voltage issue in the reciever. . . Oh well, at least the controllers with cords work great.

Steve

[quote name='Malkovich']I was also wonde4ring about qualty of these products. Saw one at Walmart for like 10 bucks. Any lag issues?[/quote]

I don't think you can alter the buttons though, the buttons are likely assigned.

Seems like most B&M stores stopped carrying these univesal controller adapters. I used to see them all th time at Gamestop and other stores. I wonder why? Maybe they didn't sell too well.

I bought the last one (the one Game Elements makes) at my local CompUSA store but it was defective. It worked perfectly with my Xbox but it would malfuncition with my Gamecube. I got a refund but couldn't get a replacment since it was a discontinued item for Comp USA.

I got mine this last summer at Walmart. It was like $13 or so. I had the one listed on that redoctane site, too. Couple things I want to say about it.

First, I really don't like it. XBox controllers sucks for anything that's not a FPS, so I figured I could get sports games for my XBox while still using the PS2 controller. Most games out there do not allow you to put set any action to any button...they're usually like 3-4 preset layouts you can use, which sucks in this case. If I remember correctly, the right trigger on the XBox corresponds to R2 on the controller...I'd prefer it was R1, as R1 is better for shooting and for juking in Madden! (And you might be able to swap those in Halo and Madden, never looked into it, though.)

Also, I bought a GameCube in early December, and the converter just flat-out did not work for the GameCube. Nothing happens when I have it plugged in. No reponse or anything. That's what I really wanted it for...because I despise the GameCube's setup.

I can't really say I recommend it, but I can't say it sucks. I guess if you're desperate to use a different controller, go ahead, but don't expect something great, because I sure as hell didn't get anything I'd call great..

I'm thinking about picking it up to use with my PS2 Hori stick. Most all fighting games have custom controlls, so should this thing work fine?

bread's done
Back