Xbox Retail Site (MechAssault 2)

Yeah, Halo 2! Still waiting on Mech Assault 2, though... I'd prefer to order both at once to save on shipping, but I dunno if Halo 2 will still be in stock then.

So how much do you normally pay using this site? $9 for new releases and some points from a quiz? Unfreakin believable...I may have to get me a retail job just to get in on this. Does it have to be a certain retailer?

[quote name='gaelan']So how much do you normally pay using this site? $9 for new releases and some points from a quiz? Unfreakin believable...I may have to get me a retail job just to get in on this. Does it have to be a certain retailer?[/quote]

It actually averages out to less than $9 if you order more in one shipment. And yes, it has to be a qualifying retailer. Just go to the site and try to make an account; you'll eventually see the list of participating retailers.

[quote name='memsg']just checked the retail site, mechassault will be available jan. 28[/quote]

not bad, I already got SW KOTOR II and RE 4 coming to hold me over until then.

i wanna order but here is the thing. I started working at circuit city and hate it so i gave my two weeks notice. what happens if they check and see that i quit. Will i get charged?

[quote name='Akkis99']i wanna order but here is the thing. I started working at circuit city and hate it so i gave my two weeks notice. what happens if they check and see that i quit. Will i get charged?[/quote]

Supposedly, yes that will happen. As long as you make the order while still working there, you're kosher.

[quote name='frx']Just a warning for those trying to cheat the system by saying they work for a retailer, or used to work for a retailer and are still using their information on the site. Like a few people said up above, they WILL check their information to see if you're still employed there.

One of my friends who used to work for Gamestop tried to use the site a few weeks after he left, and while he was still able to get the game, afterwards they found out he was not working for GS and they charged him the full retail price for the game, I believe in addition to the processing fee they charged the first time. Remember, they have your credit card info and you home address for when you made the order, so they WILL charge you if they find out you're lying.[/quote]

Wow, that's harsh. I've known MANY people who abused the system and got away with doing it. No charges...no nothing. Although, they may be BETTER now at checking, but I'm sure there are LOTS of people still using this program that are not in retail.....

I guess it's a risk you take....

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='gaelan']So how much do you normally pay using this site? $9 for new releases and some points from a quiz? Unfreakin believable...I may have to get me a retail job just to get in on this. Does it have to be a certain retailer?[/quote]

It actually averages out to less than $9 if you order more in one shipment. And yes, it has to be a qualifying retailer. Just go to the site and try to make an account; you'll eventually see the list of participating retailers.[/quote]

Does that mean it's best to order the most stuff possible at a time because they just charge one fee or do you mean there's a small fee per item?

Shipping is less per title if you order in bulk. If you buy one or two games you'll be paying around 8 dollars a game. If you buy 5 or 6, you'll be paying closer to 5 dollars a game.

In related news, Mech Assault 2 is going to be available 1/28.

Edit: Oops, got beaten to it.

Mechassault 2 is available now on the retail site, just ordered mine along with Halo, PGR, PGR2, Rallisport, Crimson Skies, Xbox grey t-shirt and the Xbox headband. Total came to $40, only time I thank myself for working game retail lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Mechassault 2 is available now on the retail site, just ordered mine along with Halo, PGR, PGR2, Rallisport, Crimson Skies, Xbox grey t-shirt and the Xbox headband. Total came to $40, only time I thank myself for working game retail lol.[/quote]

nice order, I just ordered MechAssaut2 and fuzion frenzy

bread's done
Back