Xbox Shooters

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!
Aside from Halo, which first or third person shooters have a good single player mode? Are Brute Force, Return To Castle Wolfenstein or Unreal Championship good for one player (and offline, I don't have the money to go online yet)?

Oh, and I have some shooters that are on the Xbox that are also on other systems, such as Red Faction II, Medal Of Honor Frontline and 007 Nightfire.

I'm looking for some kind of shooter that will keep me entertained. I have mostly racing games on the system, and the only action game I have is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. I need some suggestions on what else to look for. Oh, and it helps if it's pretty cheap, of course, we all think like that here!

Thank you!

I really liked XIII for Xbox. It is out for all the other systems as well and as far as I know it's fairly cheap. It has a comic book style and is a solid FPS with some stealth stuff thrown in. Not horribly long, but really enjoyed a play-thru. The multiplayer was actually really fun too.

Brute Force and RTCW are both good single-player games, but UC is really shallow. Those 2 games also have good offline coop play if you're into that.

[quote name='magilacudy']Brute Force and RTCW are both good single-player games, but UC is really shallow. Those 2 games also have good offline coop play if you're into that.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about Brute Force. I thought about getting it, seeing how the GameCrazy near where I live has about 20 or so used copies for $14.99. I just wasn't sure how good it was as a single-player games.

And a little off-topic, but I also thought about getting Blood Wake. Is that any good?

I think you mean Time Splitters 2 (TS3 won't be out until 2005). I've got that for the Gamecube, I just forgot to put that up there.

Deus ex, max payne, max payne 2, jedi academy. those are just some others that i enjoyed. i know max payne 1&2 are also for PS2 but they are much better graphically and control-wise on XB.

I thought Brute Force wasn't that great. It's a third person shooter, which to me is two great tastes that don't taste great together.

Unreal Championship might seem shallow if you're looking for a single player experience. However, think of it more as a 'online deathmatch simulator'. There's no real story, just deathmatch killing. Worth a look if it's cheap.

I was one of the few who really enjoyed Brute Force. I just picked up RTCW and it's really neat, but I haven't played it much due to my current KotOR addiction. Red Faction II and TimeSplitters 2 are both okay, but IMHO, Mace Griffin was more interesting and challenging. Unreal Champ is only worth it for online play.

I might wait awhile (well, maybe a week) before I get my next game, because I'm all into Project Gotham Racing 2 right now. But I do want my next game to be a shooter, I just don't know what to get and what is good for a single-player experience.

I didn't like Timesplitters 2 when I rented it. The controls felt funny. However, I've heard that Max Payne is pretty good and it's only 9.99, so I would recommend that. I didn't really like Brute Force, though. I don't really like third person shooters. Also, Hitman 2 is pretty sweet, and it's available for 9.99 at my local Hastings. Does that help?

I love playing RTCW, Brute Force is OK...

Another one that you'd have some fun with is Metal Arms...SUPER FUN single player mode, multiplayer is a blast...

Time Splitters 2 is okay, I picked it up for 15 used at Gamestop. I was looking for something co-op. The controls are funny... the sensitivity is WAY too high.. just the slightest touch and the gun sight is bouncing all over the place... not good. I haven't found a way to turn down the sensitivity.

ooo so RTCW has a co-op mode? I didn't know that... and Brute force, I've seen places for 9.99.

Brute force is awesome with friends, setting up ambushes together is a blast, single player isn't really as gratifying.

Brute force was the biggest letdown. Abosolutelly nothing like the demo movies that were on most Xbox games. Basically you run around hoping you can find enough ammo to continue. And bloodwakes not worth your money or your time.

bread's done
Back