Xbox Standup Arcade Cabinet Project

ItchyD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask but, it may appeal to some CAGs.

I'm planning to make a standup xbox arcade system. The original system is an Ataxx arcade cabinet that I am picking up today for free.

The xbox inside will be running xbmc.

Controller ports 1 and 2 will be permanently plugged into logitech wireless controller receivers. Controller ports 3 and 4 will (hopefully) be wired to a reworked set of arcade buttons that I am planning to replace the original Ataxx controls with (something like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaolindrunkard/2330219242/ although that guy is a superstar I'll be lucky to do half that good)

Now I'm looking for advice and how-to websites on the following questions:

Should I try to replace the monitor or should I try to work with the old monitor? If I replace should I put a 19" tv or a 19" monitor in there?

Replacing with a telelvision might be an ok option because I could rip the speakers out of the tv and cut some grills out of the cabinet to stick them to but there may be an easier way.

What's the best way to get sound out of the xbox? Should I try to work with the (mono?) speakers in there, replace them, or ???

How do I rework the controls? Should I tear apart an old xbox gamepad, buy and tear apart some xbox arcade style pads, or ???

Oh yeah how can I get some precision decals for the arm rest area?

If anyone has any advice I'm all ears, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back