xbox support makes me lol

Allnatural

CAGiversary!
Called up about a bum controller with my new 360. The rep was chatting me up as he was filling out some information; what I like playing, etc. He then asked if I was playing on a high-def tv. "Yes I am." He replies that he can't wait to get himself an HD set because his is only 720p and he figures the games look great at 1080.:dunce:

I did explain that 720 is HD and many games don't even render that high, but I think it flew over his head. Oh well. To their credit I am getting a new controller.

[quote name='Allnatural']Called up about a bum controller with my new 360. The rep was chatting me up as he was filling out some information; what I like playing, etc. He then asked if I was playing on a high-def tv. "Yes I am." He replies that he can't wait to get himself an HD set because his is only 720p and he figures the games look great at 1080.:dunce:

I did explain that 720 is HD and many games don't even render that high, but I think it flew over his head. Oh well. To their credit I am getting a new controller.[/QUOTE]

I remember them asking me what games I liked. Like it really matters and when that isn't the reason you called. Some people online are the same way. They say well on ps3 it only says 720p on the back of the box and on 360 it says 720p/1080i/1080p. Really stupid people If you ask me. They need to do some research instead of assuming its actually at 1080p xD

Hi!

My names Greg Patel, sorry to hear about the trouble your having with XXXX. As a gamer myself I know how frustrating that can be.

Can I ask you to verify your mother maiden name?

Please hold for a moment.

3581529798_ec6c2bd1d3.jpg

funny, I usually get a girl but sometimes guys who answer and they always chat it up. I usually get the...oh you're a x year member cool how is xbox live treating you? I see you buy alot of content and blah blah lol but yeah, at least they talk and all. unlike others where you call and it's just all strict and uptight.

I was surprised at how quick they were to send out a new controller, and I get the impression that I won't have to send the old one back. A free spare is cool, even if it is a bit wonky (left stick "drifts" to the left a bit).

Riveting tale chap.:applause:

Anywho the only time I called xbox support is when my 360 had a failing disc drive. I must have spent about 10 minutes on the phone with this woman giving her my information thinking she was gonna tell me that a shipping label was on it's way but oh no at the end of the call she tells me that I'll have to go to xbox.com to fill out the same crap again for them to send me my shipping label. :wall:

I'm pretty sure it is in the script for them to ask you that shit.

Nobody in India gives a flying fuck what game you're playing.

[quote name='masked lemon']I'm pretty sure it is in the script for them to ask you that shit.

Nobody in India gives a flying fuck what game you're playing.[/QUOTE]

=(

BTW, I have 2 controllers that "drift" most noticeably on EA games. I think its a common occurrence.

bread's done
Back