Xbox switcheroo

DrewMG

CAGiversary!
This is my first post on CAG, so apologies if this is somehow already covered in a FAQ somewhere.

I bought a used 360 back in 2007, originally purchased by the first owner in November 2006. My 3 year warranty on RRoD is up. I expect that, like almost every other 360 in the world, I'll get a RRoD. I've already gotten one... this is actually my second 360. The first was replaced under warranty. I don't want to get another one now that my warranty is over. I'd like to do spend as little cash as possible to get a refresh on that 3 year warranty, and at the same time, get a system that has a newer chipset.

So here's what I want to do: given that 360s are cheap right now ($150 for the Arcade), I'd like to somehow trade in or sell my current setup for the best deal possible so I can go grab an arcade. I have both a 20 GB hard drive and a 120 GB harddrive... I could sell both if I had to, but I'd prefer to keep the 120 GB if I end up buying an Arcade unit.

Ideally, I'm going to spend the least amount of cash possible on this deal, but I figure it's pretty unrealistic that I'll get away with this without spending any.

So question... how much longer will I be able to find the Arcade unit? What's the best plan, and how long do I have to execute it before they're all transitioned over to the new console?

Well, this current system hasn't gotten one yet... I just figure it's inevitable. This is more preventative than anything else.

[quote name='Elite83']Or you can wait until the slim arcade unit comes out for $200.[/QUOTE]
But then he'd have to buy a new HDD again.

bread's done
Back