XBox Turn Based RPG's

jshendel

CAGiversary!
I need some help finding these. It seems most RPG's for the 'Box is action-RPG. I missed playing my RPG's at a relaxed pace.
Any suggestions for turn-based RPG's?

LOTR: The Third Age - true turn based. Didn't get the greatest reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

You can make KOTOR 1 play kind of turn based using auto-pause. (Don't know if KOTOR 2 has the same system or not.)

Might be some others, but you are right that the Xbox is very light on them. (And on RPGs in general really.)

Metal Dungeon. Turn based but "real-time" so it's probably not as leisurely as you'd like. I'm drawing a blank?

[quote name='bradr'] I'm drawing a blank?[/QUOTE]
Me too, that's why I'm asking.... I'll get KOTOR for now

KOTOR 2 is the same as KOTOR. You can set the auto-pause so that every turn is played out like a turned based game. That's the way I always play the game. It just doesn't make sense to me to play that game without the pause turned on. You would miss some of your turns.

Gladius is turn based and has a lot of different units to choose from, as a plus it can be purchased for $10-$15.

I bought mine off eBay and I'm really enjoying it.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Gladius is turn based and has a lot of different units to choose from, as a plus it can be purchased for $10-$15.

I bought mine off eBay and I'm really enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

I liked Gladius a lot as well. It's a strategy RPG, not a traditional style turn-based RPG. But a good one to throw out there, no doubt.

[quote name='Indiana']KOTOR 2 is the same as KOTOR. You can set the auto-pause so that every turn is played out like a turned based game. That's the way I always play the game. It just doesn't make sense to me to play that game without the pause turned on. You would miss some of your turns.[/QUOTE]

I was just the opposite. I played with the auto-pause disabled for about the first 1/3 of the game, so auto-pausing seemed to break up the action too much for my tastes. I loved the frenzy of getting ambushed and switching back and forth between guys, desperately trying to keep everyone alive!

I played LOTR also (as was suggested in an earlier thread). I really enjoyed it at first, but it got a bit stale after the battle at Helm's deep.

bread's done
Back