Xbox w/ XBMC auction pulled from eBay. Where else can I sell it?

Dr. Strangepork

CAGiversary!
I recently put up an auction for an Original Xbox with XBMC installed along with games and accessories. eBay pulled the auction a few hours after it went live citing copyright violation.

I didn't expect it since it looked like a few others had sold there recently. Regardless, I can see their point and it would be useless to argue anyway.

Anyone here at CAG have some ideas on where I can try to sell it? I tried Craig's List first but didn't have any interest.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Dr. SP

XBMC is *the* reason to have owned an original XBOX. At the time it was by far the best streaming media solution. I still have mine hooked up (although I use my PS3 for streaming now).

Try Craigslist, oh wait you did...
Mine sat on CL for a few months before it moved and mine was as basic as it comes with 1 or 2 games. I think I got $120 for it....I think everything cost me $60 originally. I used mine for streaming and classic gaming. I recently bought another xbox just b/c I missed the ease of streaming with it.

Anywho...

How did you list it? I've seen several sell on ebay as long as there's no mention of a larger hard drive or anything "illegal" that would make ebay flip.

You could try to sell it on the Anandtech forums
http://forums.anandtech.com/

[quote name='zkelton']XBMC is *the* reason to have owned an original XBOX. At the time it was by far the best streaming media solution. I still have mine hooked up (although I use my PS3 for streaming now).[/quote]

Yeah, I have enjoyed it. I never found it the easiest to you as far as setting up the network ans share drive and doing all that via the remote control. But it seems to play just about everything!

I have a PS3 for streaming in the basement on the big HDTV and my wife uses an AppleTV in the bedroom. I just don't have anywhere else that I need another streamer.

Hopefully someone else can get some use out of it (and I can get some $$ for an iPod touch :))

[quote name='kube00']

How did you list it? I've seen several sell on ebay as long as there's no mention of a larger hard drive or anything "illegal" that would make ebay flip.

You could try to sell it on the Anandtech forums
http://forums.anandtech.com/[/quote]

I certainly mentioned it being softmodded but nothing about a bigger drive (as it doesn't have one, just the original)

bread's done
Back