Xbox will "own" GTA IV launch, says MS

Of course it's going to sell better on the 360, the combination of exclusive DLC content and the 360 having a larger user base will give it the lead.

But it's not like the PS3 version is going to flop, I think it's going to do pretty well on any system including the PC.

[quote name='Thomas96']

I don't see how 360 owners don't see how they're gettin shafted the most, because, to fully enjoy the game look how much more you have to spend... to access the full features of the retail game - online components, you have to pay for live. Plus to get the rest of the game you have to pay for the DLC. That's why I'm not getting this game on the 360, because to fully enjoy the retail package you MUST pay for XBL service. I feel that when I buy the game at 59.99 that automatically gives me the right to play on that game's particular servers! At least when I pay for the PS3 version, after I pay 59.99 plus tax, I can enjoy the game freely online. I guess I'm old school.[/quote]

well shane bettenhause (the egm guy) said repeatdly when the msft exclusive DLC was announced, that the ps3 would be getting its own seperate exclusive DLC. He never has backtracked from that story. So IF he was correct, sony also would be paying money for content that should be in the retail box. :roll:

360 because i have that system .. aaand if i had both systems i would still pick it up for the 360 because of the dlc.

If I buy it I will buy it for the 360.
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it, I got bored of the GTA series part way through Vice City. I did really enjoy the Wii version of The Godfather though.
Hopefully Rockstar will release a demo.

Oh Strell. Didn't Mama Strell ever tell you that proper hyphenation is important?

[quote name='Strell']It's a love simulator starring Otacon.

You people actually think it's going to be some kind of badass action bad ass-action game[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='Thomas96']GTA IV is definitely going to do well on the 360. Basically Rockstar pretty much made this game for the 360. The game is using the RAGE engine which was used in Table Tennis built originally for the 360 only. I dont' believe looking at the game's origins, (plus knowing GTA IV is the hugest port from 360 to PS3 ever created) that this game is going to run well on the PS3. Seems like overkill to me, that MS decided to pay extra for the DLC knowing this game was basically born and breed to be on the 360.

Knowing me I'm in the PS3 version, but only if its a good port. Hopefully it has something, other than the basic GTA 4 game to make it worth buying. (i.e. Home intergration, accomplisments, blu ray extras, etc...)

I just feel like we're all missing out overall because I think we'd all be getting a better game if production started on PS3, and we'd probably be getting more game if MS wasn't paying to "section off" some missions from the retail version of the game to be held as DLC.

I don't see how 360 owners don't see how they're gettin shafted the most, because, to fully enjoy the game look how much more you have to spend... to access the full features of the retail game - online components, you have to pay for live. Plus to get the rest of the game you have to pay for the DLC. That's why I'm not getting this game on the 360, because to fully enjoy the retail package you MUST pay for XBL service. I feel that when I buy the game at 59.99 that automatically gives me the right to play on that game's particular servers! At least when I pay for the PS3 version, after I pay 59.99 plus tax, I can enjoy the game freely online. I guess I'm old school.[/quote]

well said.... PS3 version here too, same reason, no need to pay Live. I don't really care about DLC. For example, i love Gears, but not once i play it on-line and didn't buy any DLC.

bread's done
Back