CAGiversary!
$14.99 + SH or FS with Amazon Prime

Model
Brand Microsoft
Model N9D-00001
Spec
Type Sound
Features
Features The Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone is for use exclusively with the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.

The Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone uses only AA alkaline or fully charged Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries.

The microphone sleeps after 15 minutes of inactivity, it automatically wakes when you start to use it again.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...s&ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275855531&sr=8-14

If you don't have one of these and you play full band music games, you should buy at this price. They are really amazing mics... and $15 is a steal!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']If you don't have one of these and you play full band music games, you should buy at this price. They are really amazing mics... and $15 is a steal![/QUOTE]

A couple of the Amazon user reviews talk about lag when using them with Rock Band 2. Can you confirm/deny?

yeah, did the RB2 patch ever come out? I figure it will work with RB3 but I'm not sure I'm getting that on release.

Also there has never been a lips combo pack that had gone for the same price? I figure eventually the combo pack would pop up on clearance for 20 to 15 bucks.

[quote name='abilyk']A couple of the Amazon user reviews talk about lag when using them with Rock Band 2. Can you confirm/deny?[/QUOTE]

I can't - I've only used them for Lips... If I get a chance in the next day or so, I'll try to use them with RB2 and see...

[quote name='KingDox']Also there has never been a lips combo pack that had gone for the same price? I figure eventually the combo pack would pop up on clearance for 20 to 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Lips (Original) has been on Clearance at Sears for $4.97 (good luck finding it). Lips:Number One Hits and Lips: Party Classics had been on clearance a while back at Target for $12.95 (also good luck finding either one)

Lips: I love the 80's was released in Europe, but if you import it, it will play just fine on a U.S. Xbox360

[quote name='abilyk']A couple of the Amazon user reviews talk about lag when using them with Rock Band 2. Can you confirm/deny?[/QUOTE]
I got the Lips pack with two of these mics a while back (Target clearance for twelve bucks, hooray CAG!), and while they work well for Lips and Beatles Rock Band, and are recognized by Rock Band 2 after the patch... they don't work well enough in RB2 for me. They have a lot of trouble with tambourine hits, and often miss notes I know I'm hitting. I do vocals on Expert, and songs I've gold-starred easily with the wired mic are noticeably harder with the wireless one. Even on Easy/Medium settings at a party, people felt like they weren't being judged fairly, and they were much happier with the wired mic.

Also, I find them difficult to turn on and off, and sync. But that's not really the issue at hand.

So anyway, if you need harmony mics for Beatles, they're fine. It's possible that Green Day and RB3 will support them as well as the Beatles game does, since it'll be built into the game engine from the start and not just patched. But I can't recommend them for RB2.

^^^Yeah, these mics are hard to turn on and off. Most of the time you can't even be sure you turned it off properly as it stays on even when you turn off your Xbox 360. I recommend just taking out the batteries every time you're done. These things eat up batteries pretty fast too, so get some rechargables.

I read this and thought wireless headset for some reason. :/

I picked up Lips on clearance from Target a while ago - ended up trading them in at GS. Wish I had kept them, though. The mics were really nice. Might pick them up for $15 again. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back