Xbox Wireless Network Adaptor question

SithFran

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
So I'm looking to sell my Xbox system and eventually get a 360. From what I understand you can't use the wireless adaptor from the original xbox on the 360. Can anyone confirm this? I was looking to list on Ebay or Amazon and a post on Amazon says you can use it on the 360. What's the deal?

[quote name='SithFran']So I'm looking to sell my Xbox system and eventually get a 360. From what I understand you can't use the wireless adaptor from the original xbox on the 360. Can anyone confirm this? I was looking to list on Ebay or Amazon and a post on Amazon says you can use it on the 360. What's the deal?[/QUOTE]
I use my original XB adapter with my 360 with no problems at all.

[quote name='organicow']I use my original XB adapter with my 360 with no problems at all.[/quote]

As do I.

If you buy the 360 adapter you have the advantage of not using a seperate ac adapter and hogging your ethernet port should you decide to system link. However the original is easier to put in a better position. I used my link cable to put the original adapter on top of a bookcase for better reception.

[quote name='klwillis45']As do I.

If you buy the 360 adapter you have the advantage of not using a seperate ac adapter and hogging your ethernet port should you decide to system link. However the original is easier to put in a better position. I used my link cable to put the original adapter on top of a bookcase for better reception.[/quote]
You could use a USB 2.0 extension cable to move the wireless adapter to wherever you want, since it's just a USB device.

bread's done
Back