Xbox.

V4MP

CAGiversary!
I knew someone at Xbox.net (I helped him get referrals) that tried to convince me to get an Xbox. The only games that I was interested in at the time was Halo and KOTOR. Now I'm seeing Fable and a few others. Should I get an Xbox? Another thing, what games should I get?

EDIT - Damn.. I'm just full of typos today..

I'd rather ask the rest of the CAGs if I should get one or not.. is it a good investment? I have Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox. (unopened, bought in advance)

Y'know, I've really had to go to the bathroom lately, but I'm really lazy and don't feel like getting up. What do you guys think I should do?

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but WSB is right. Just do some research on the games you like, and go according to that.

They ^ are right. From the fans of Xbox you'll geta "get one" reply. From the haters of the Xbox you'll get a "don't get one" reply.

So I say, get one.

And Led, I say let it build up so you won't have to get up again later.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I'd go for it, I have all 3 systems from this gen and my xbox gets the most play time.[/quote]

Funny, I too have all three, and I can't remember the last time I turned on my X-Box.

[quote name='Ledhed']Y'know, I've really had to go to the bathroom lately, but I'm really lazy and don't feel like getting up. What do you guys think I should do?

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but WSB is right. Just do some research on the games you like, and go according to hat.[/quote]

Alright then, thanks anyway.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='fieldkillah']I'd go for it, I have all 3 systems from this gen and my xbox gets the most play time.[/quote]

Funny, I too have all three, and I can't remember the last time I turned on my X-Box.[/quote]

It was the same for me until I got Fable. I've been going retro lately so none of my 3 curent gen systems have gotten any play.

I have all 3. Since I'm a Nintendo Fan boy so I play the GameCube the most and buy all my games for it.

as for getting a Xbox. My Basic rule of thumb is if I can find at least 10 games I would buy for the console then I'll get it. It actually took me awhile to come up with 10 that I would want for the Xbox. mainly because I have a PC that can run Halo and KotoR fine, so there was no need for the console. The two games that finally finished up my list and were the major selling games for the Xbox for me was Sudeki and Fable. Sadly both game are not all that great.

I would not be at all surprized to see Fable out of the PC next year.

I would also recomend playing the games first just to make sure they live up to what you thought they would be. I'm still questioning if Fable was worth paying $45 for. =/

Yeah, seriously, if you can't decide rather or not to buy one after years of having it released, you're likely a complete moron - so, as an XBL player, I'd prefer that you do NOT buy one so I never have to play with you in any games.

I think it is fun, I was really uneasy about buying it, but now I know I have made the right choice.

OfHell'sFire]Yeah said:
Yeah, I'm a complete moron. :roll: Seriously, STFU nub. How about you respect CAGs who have been here longer then you, ****ing n00b. Maybe it's because I have a REAL life and don't have time to get all 3 systems. And maybe it's because I wasn't interested in the games out. Look who's the ****ing moron now?

Truth hurts buddy... if you calling me a newb is laughable... You can't even decide how to spend your money in a generation of consoles that is 3+ years old now... how sad... so if I'm looking for who the moron is now, unfortunately for the rest of the world, it is still you :(

And in non-flaming response, as I really don't want to start some big flame war since they go nowhere... if I had to choose one, I would definately go Xbox... Live is great, the calalogue is really solid, and I was unfortuantely stupid enough to buy all 3 systems... 2 of them sit doing nothing - hell, my daughter actually owns the PS2 now, and that's just for the DVD player... there's just not a close 2nd for me - Xbox is tops in the console market IMO.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='fieldkillah']I'd go for it, I have all 3 systems from this gen and my xbox gets the most play time.[/quote]

Funny, I too have all three, and I can't remember the last time I turned on my X-Box.[/quote]

Yup same here...i've been doing way more Gamecube and PS2 and PC lately...Last time I turned it on was probabaly the last time I played KOTOR which was last February.

[quote name='"V4MP"']I'd rather ask the rest of the CAGs if I should get one or not.. is it a good investment? I have Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox. (unopened, bought in advance)[/quote]

If you are already buying games for it, it sounds as if you have already made up your mind to purchase one. I have had my xbox for a couple of years now and use it as both a gaming console and dvd player. The only regret that I have is that the selection of games is not as extensive as that on the ps2, however the graphics on the xbox are better and the xbox has a built in hard drive so you won't have to shell out cash for the memory cards.

Only about a month remains until halo 2 is released!!!

OfHell'sFire]Truth hurts buddy... if you calling me a newb is laughable... You can't even decide how to spend your money in a generation of consoles that is 3+ years old now... how sad... so if I'm looking for who the moron is now said:
/looks at join date
/laughs

Don't get me started.

[quote name='daria19'][quote name='V4MP']I'd rather ask the rest of the CAGs if I should get one or not.. is it a good investment? I have Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox. (unopened, bought in advance)[/quote]

If you are already buying games for it, it sounds as if you have already made up your mind to purchase one. I have had my xbox for a couple of years now and use it as both a gaming console and dvd player. The only regret that I have is that the selection of games is not as extensive as that on the ps2, however the graphics on the xbox are better and the xbox has a built in hard drive so you won't have to shell out cash for the memory cards.

Only about a month remains until halo 2 is released!!![/quote]

I haven't started. I bought just one at the time when I was still considering getting one. Unfortunately, it's been left in the dust.

Don't listen to that little cocksmack V4MP. There's nothing wrong with trying to make an informed purchase. It just gets a little complicated in the medium of entertainment, because not everyone has the same interests as you.

And OfHell'sFire, you give the impression that you are an adult (at least I hope you are, seeing as you have a daughter). So start acting like one and don't needlessly flame.

While we are on the subject of X-boxes I just ordered one and its on the way to me in the mail. You need the remote to play dvds right? And also how big is the hard drive and what kind of uses besides game saves does it have?

Yeah, you'll need the remote to use the DVD player... I believe the HD's are around 7GB - and basically, unless you mod it, it's good to store music for games with customized Soundtracks, game saves and game updates over XBL.

[quote name='V4MP']

/looks at join date
/laughs

Don't get me started.[/quote]LMAO - how pathetic... when I joined means nothing, nor do post counts. You can't handle a simple critizism over a message board, and practically flipped out about it - so you really are in no position to call me a newb... newbs can't handle someone calling them names over a message boards... get over it and move on with life :roll:

And OfHell'sFire, you give the impression that you are an adult (at least I hope you are, seeing as you have a daughter). So start acting like one and don't needlessly flame.
Oh god, here we go, the "act like an adult" routine. Anyways, I'm not needlessly flaming anyone... I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm sorry that you, and others just plain don't agree with what I feel - but that in no way means I haven't a right to state an opinion. An adult would simply laugh an insult from a message board off... or at the very least state why I'm wrong. I mean, what kind of gamer doesn't know their options in this particular generation by now? Also, everyone knows that a "Help me make a decision" thread is going to turn south in a hurry - it ALWAYS does, so message board newbs post these threads, then when they don't like people telling them to just make up their own minds, they get all whiney about it - please, just let it go - I didn't insult anyone, I stated the facts as I see them, nothing more and nothing less. I don't want to start some lame flame war at all... and it is not my problem that he took my comments as an insult - I've been "Flamed" on message boards before, and always laugh it off or at least respond with good humor back - not some sissy crybaby crap... calm down, geez...

Back to the topic. I just bought my XBOX in June and love it. I bought it for Halo 2/Ninja Gaiden/MechAssault 1/2 and XBOX live. I also use it as a music jukebox, and it was worth it in that regard. I'm very pleased iwth it, especially if you're going to use it to store music. Highly recommended.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Back to the topic. I just bought my XBOX in June and love it. I bought it for Halo 2/Ninja Gaiden/MechAssault 1/2 and XBOX live. I also use it as a music jukebox, and it was worth it in that regard. I'm very pleased iwth it, especially if you're going to use it to store music. Highly recommended.[/quote]I've never really put any tunes on my Xbox, what format does it store them in? Does anyone know about that? I guess I've never really researched it.

[quote name='jlarlee']While we are on the subject of X-boxes I just ordered one and its on the way to me in the mail. You need the remote to play dvds right? And also how big is the hard drive and what kind of uses besides game saves does it have?[/quote]

As has been answered before, yes you need the remote to play DVDs. The HDD is 8GB, it can hold a multitude of save files for every game in the Xbox library, holds XBL updates and you can rip cds down to it to play as custom soundtracks in certain games.

And to OfHell'sFire... you really do come off like an ass. If you can't be less of a dickwad and stop needlessly flaming people, please find another board to frequent.. then we won't have to read your posts and you won't have to read our posts informing you of your asshat status.
However, if you can learn to get along and behave.. I'll welcome you to the community.

And to OfHell'sFire... you really do come off like an ass. If you can't be less of a dickwad and stop needlessly flaming people, please find another board to frequent.. then we won't have to read your posts and you won't have to read our posts informing you of your asshat status.
However, if you can learn to get along and behave.. I'll welcome you to the community.
So yeah, I'm going to not post at a board simply because some people don't like me?? I could just as easily start nit-picking others' posts and say that I don't like them, however I wouldn't ask them to not frequent. If I broke any AUP rules, I apologize, and will stop (however obviously I would like to know what particular rule I broke), however I cannot just change what I think because you don't like me. You personally just called me an ass, and an asshat ... so if that is not breaking the AUP, nor is calling someone a moron right? I'm confused here, please clear up how you are allowed to randomly attack me unprovoked, but I cannot state the same opinion towards someone else? Someone please clear this mystery up for me please...

Telling me to NOT buy an Xbox because I never bought one? You call THAT an opinion?

"randomly attack me unprovoked"

Randomly attack. Let's go back to the first page. ****ing hypocrite. Thanks all for backing me up.

I just got my Xbox less than a month ago. I love it! I have owned a Ps2 and a gamecube. I think i like the Xbox best though. GTA double pack is awesome cause you can listen to the songs you put on your harddrive while your driving. KOTOR is good too. I think i may have to buy a Ps1 to take care of my RPG fix. There isnt very many for Xbox.

Hellsfire, the XBOX stores them in 128kbs. They sound fine on my Home Theatre system. You can put a bunch of cds on, i have 30 now and am not close to filling it. The only thing is you have to name each cd title and track title Individually. IE, you put it in, and it asks you to name the cd. It then stores it under that name, with track 1- whatever. You can then name each track individually. Hope this helps.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']That's up to you, chief.[/quote]

Exactly, personally I'd recommend Jet Set Radio Future, might not be your type, but it is one of the better overlooked titles on Xbox.

If you want our opinions... here 's mine - go get one. If there's nothing out right now you like, wait a couple of months until Halo 2, KuF, etc. come out. You're sure to find at least 10 good Xbox games by then.

If you want to experiance online console gaming PROPERLY, then get an X-BOX, a headset & an XBL account. There's no better feeling kicking someone's arse & talking smack on GGX Reload with no lag.

For those of you that say "Well I don;t play online blah blah..." I say don;t knock it until you try it with a game genre you know you'll like.

And Besides if you are that much on the fence, get an X-box and rent the games through www.gamefly.com for like $20 a month. At least you can try them 1st hand without forking over too much loot.

[quote name='CappyCobra']For those of you that say "Well I don;t play online blah blah..." I say don;t knock it until you try it with a game genre you know you'll like.[/quote]

I don't play online games because I have stupid AOL.

[quote name='V4MP']Telling me to NOT buy an Xbox because I never bought one? You call THAT an opinion?

"randomly attack me unprovoked"

Randomly attack. Let's go back to the first page. ****ing hypocrite. Thanks all for backing me up.[/quote]Let it go :roll: This forum really needs a :cry: smiley, it seems to fit you perfectly :)

edit: Nm, just found out it did have a cry smiley... how convenient :)

Hellsfire, the XBOX stores them in 128kbs. They sound fine on my Home Theatre system. You can put a bunch of cds on, i have 30 now and am not close to filling it. The only thing is you have to name each cd title and track title Individually. IE, you put it in, and it asks you to name the cd. It then stores it under that name, with track 1- whatever. You can then name each track individually. Hope this helps.

Not bad really... my only true complaint is A) The closed architecture, and B) The slowness of loading the discs onto it - I loaded a CD on last night to test, and it was a ridiculously long process... but as long as it's 128k there's not much to complain about here.

OfHell'sFire]Yeah said:
fine you stated your opinion.. but the fact you prefer he doesn't get an xbox so you don't have to play him ??? come on thats just stupid... if you were trying for humor...that be one thing.. but i think what you said is stupid... and thats my opinion..... s

I only had a Gamecube prior to my Xbox purchase. The decision was easy since several publishers had decided to make certain games only for PS2 / Xbox. Now if I owned a PS2 and Gamecube it would have been a harder decision.

Let it go :roll: This forum really needs a :cry: smiley, it seems to fit you perfectly :)

edit: Nm, just found out it did have a cry smiley... how convenient :)

Not bad really... my only true complaint is A) The closed architecture, and B) The slowness of loading the discs onto it - I loaded a CD on last night to test, and it was a ridiculously long process... but as long as it's 128k there's not much to complain about here.

When you post, do you not see the cry smiley, dumb****? No, I didn't think so either. Delete, start over.

Three reasons to purchase an Xbox:

Hard Drive

Xbox Live

Custom Soundtracks (for specific games)

If you are not going to play on xbox live I would recommend waiting till you can. I have all three systems but I get the most enjoyment out of Xbox due to Xbox live.

Wait for Halo 2 if you like FPS

[quote name='V4MP']
OfHell'sFire]Yeah said:
Yeah, I'm a complete moron. :roll: Seriously, STFU nub. How about you respect CAGs who have been here longer then you, ****ing n00b. Maybe it's because I have a REAL life and don't have time to get all 3 systems. And maybe it's because I wasn't interested in the games out. Look who's the ****ing moron now?

Nothing more funny than a newb calling someone else a newb. If your only defense is to look at someone's start date on this website, than you might want to find another. Join date's and post counts are meaningless, but I find it really funny when someone that is new themselves try to use it as a defense.

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='V4MP']
OfHell'sFire]Yeah said:

Nothing more funny than a newb calling someone else a newb. If your only defense is to look at someone's start date on this website, than you might want to find another. Join date's and post counts are meaningless, but I find it really funny when someone that is new themselves try to use it as a defense.[/quote]

Nothing more funny than lacking judgement. Someone new themselves.. wtf. I've been here since April. Is that my only defense? No, but do I need to use them all? You don't decide for me. NOBODY does. This aint no ****ing fascist government.

[quote name='Trakan']So, V4MP, are you getting an Xbox?[/quote]

I sure am. Picking up Fable, Halo, and Ninja Gaiden. Still looking for game recommendations..

Xbox is by far my favorite console. Last time I played GameCube was when Day of Reckoning came out, then before that it was for Metroid. God knows the last time I played my PS2, probally when I got Gitaroo Man, and before that... Here Comes the Pain. I get a few hours of Xbox in every night, and it has some great games.

My recommendations:

Steel Battalion (if your willing to dish out the money for it, its really worth it.)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Knights of the Old Republic
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Crimson Sea
Metal Slug 3
Dead Or Alive III

And if your getting Xbox Live:

Halo 2
DOA: Ultimate
MechAssault
Rallysport Challenge 2
Burnout 3
Rainbow Six 3

Thats all I can think of for now, I'm gonna go play Mech.

bread's done
Back