Xbox360 250gb Hd (used, w/o transfer cable) $80 + S&H @ gamedealdaily.com

Revenantae

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Looks like an amazing drive for the money. Whether or not it's a knockoff is anyone's guess, but it probably is.

Mod's note: Appears to be used or a knock-off, does not include transfer cable, $5 shipping charge for basic shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robpe36']How about mentioning that it's used, doesn't come with a transfer cable, and also providing a link.[/QUOTE]
how bout being rude

[quote name='bredbu']how bout being rude[/QUOTE]

that post was more important than the OP.... maybe he "gets" it because he is from Jersey also.... GO JERSEY!

[quote name='bredbu']how bout being rude[/QUOTE]

I understand you're new here and all, but the man is right. Always give as much info as you can when posting a deal. Leaving out the fact it's used, doesn't include a transfer cable AND a link for people to click if they want to buy it are big things to leave out of a post like this.

I gave you a deal, I'm not here to do your fucking leg work. If you can't be bothered to(GASP!) type in a URL, feel free to fuck off. Don't like it? You post the link.

[quote name='Revenantae']I gave you a deal, I'm not here to do your fucking leg work. If you can't be bothered to(GASP!) type in a URL, feel free to fuck off. Don't like it? You post the link.[/QUOTE]

If you can't be bothered to(GASP!) copy and paste a URL

[quote name='Revenantae']I gave you a deal, I'm not here to do your fucking leg work. If you can't be bothered to(GASP!) type in a URL, feel free to fuck off. Don't like it? You post the link.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with "leg work," it's standard procedure to at least posting a fucking link, Mr. Sensitive. Don't get your little panties in a bunch.

You're right. Not everyone has the time to give out all the deets when it comes to deals. A simple click will reveal more info on this deal. Thank you for your post.

[quote name='kklems']+ $5 Shipping

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/index.php

Probably stripped from some of the limited edition consoles thus no transfer cable.[/QUOTE]

Probably? That is all that fuckin site does if I remember right. They sold the fallout lunch box, special edition manuals/art books and other things from bundles.

You always know the deal is shit when no other details aside from the price are listed. I know some people can't be bothered to type it in and go, but it's bad when someone makes a post and doesn't bother to copy/paste the site or news that lead them to this deal. In such a hurry to be the first with the shitty deal that you couldn't be bothered to post anything else?

Plus with rumors of a new xbox coming that doesn't work with this hard drive it makes it harder to justify this purchase. The arcade is 200 or less and the new system might cost even less considering it's supposed to be smaller. Granted these are all rumors but I think its a good reason to wait.

Wow...

[quote name='KaneRobot']It has nothing to do with "leg work," it's standard procedure to at least posting a fucking link, Mr. Sensitive. Don't get your little panties in a bunch.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. How many people don't post deals at all because people like him, and you, get YOUR panties in a bunch that the deal post wasn't to your exacting standards? Know how many future deals I find that I'll bother to post? Hope you guessed zero.

A hint on how not to be an ass: when someone gives you something, anything, that requires their time and effort, and might be a benefit to you, don't bitch that it wasn't wrapped well enough, or was the wrong color. I'm just saying...

[quote name='Revenantae']No it isn't. How many people don't post deals at all because people like him, and you, get YOUR panties in a bunch that the deal post wasn't to your exacting standards? Know how many future deals I find that I'll bother to post? Hope you guessed zero.

A hint on how not to be an ass: when someone gives you something, anything, that requires their time and effort, and might be a benefit to you, don't bitch that it wasn't wrapped well enough, or was the wrong color. I'm just saying...[/QUOTE]
Things like mentioning that the drive is used, doesn't come with a transfer cable, $5 for shipping and a link are pretty basic details that you should have mentioned in the OP.

[quote name='SirMikael']Things like mentioning that the drive is used, doesn't come with a transfer cable, $5 for shipping and a link are pretty basic details that you should have mentioned in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, as I said, I will fail to post any other deals I find.

Well, maybe that's for the best. At least that will prevent another thread from turning into a total clusterfuck, as did this one in just 40 minutes.

[quote name='Revenantae']No it isn't. How many people don't post deals at all because people like him, and you, get YOUR panties in a bunch that the deal post wasn't to your exacting standards? Know how many future deals I find that I'll bother to post? Hope you guessed zero.

A hint on how not to be an ass: when someone gives you something, anything, that requires their time and effort, and might be a benefit to you, don't bitch that it wasn't wrapped well enough, or was the wrong color. I'm just saying...[/QUOTE]

You have spent exponentially more time replying to people critical of your OP than it would have taken to simply put the url in the description, put used in the title, and added the shipping cost.

Do you even need a transfer cable? Usb memory update.

[quote name='Missingdata']Is it true that you can get banned from xbox lives for using knockoff HD?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure mine is and has been since I bought it (120gig) back in december 08. Reason I can tell is because it doesn't play xbox originals, no matter what I do with it. Apparently a common symptom with these are that they are not flashed with everything to play xbox games, I have an xbox luckily, but I was a bit worried when they had the massive banning of modded systems last year. Other than the HD though my system is legit and as of yet...no problems. *fingers crossed*

[quote name='unopepito06']Well, maybe that's for the best. At least that will prevent another thread from turning into a total clusterfuck, as did this one in just 40 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Or not, as we'll miss out an a deal if no one else notices it and posts it here. People need to appreciate the work that others do. Sure it wasn't a perfect post but at least one could easily find the details after less than one minute of research.

[quote name='paddlefoot']You have spent exponentially more time replying to people critical of your OP than it would have taken to simply put the url in the description, put used in the title, and added the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! OP didn't even bother to update his OP. :bomb:

[quote name='paddlefoot']You have spent exponentially more time replying to people critical of your OP than it would have taken to simply put the url in the description, put used in the title, and added the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]
Because it pisses me off. What kind of child gets so rude about something that someone else has done for them? It goes beyond just ungrateful and on into being a jerk. The kid still thinks he's in the right for insulting and berating someone because they didn't do something for him nicely enough.

I think he's trying to prove a point here by NOT doing so.

I think its a great deal, with the usb storage thing ill have no prob saving my 20gb hard drive to my flash drive and transfering it so i wont need a transfer kit, i dont mind that its used, and i just googled game deal daily to find it. If you still are living with a 20gb hdd for 85 bucks ya cant go wrong here.

[quote name='Revenantae']Because it pisses me off. What kind of child gets so rude about something that someone else has done for them? It goes beyond just ungrateful and on into being a jerk. The kid still thinks he's in the right for insulting and berating someone because they didn't do something for him nicely enough.[/QUOTE]
So somebody else gave something to you (advice/criticism) and you're acting the exact same way? :applause:

[quote name='Vortextk']Do you even need a transfer cable? Usb memory update.[/QUOTE]

For some games, the saved data cannot be moved or copied. For games like that , the transfer cable can still move it. So the answer to whether or not you need it is "it depends".

Enough idiocy in here for one day. All the OT/flame posts have been removed.

Updated the OP with the details about it being used, no transfer cable & shipping charges.

[quote name='Revenantae']Because it pisses me off. What kind of child gets so rude about something that someone else has done for them? It goes beyond just ungrateful and on into being a jerk. The kid still thinks he's in the right for insulting and berating someone because they didn't do something for him nicely enough.[/QUOTE]

uh thanks for your faux "thanks" PM.

you know what pisses me off? how about stubborn people. Your deal is not a deal. It is not a real MS HDD and could possibly result in a ban.

Also if the ban stuff is rumor only then still $80 for a 250GB drive is not a deal either. There are methods out there to use non MS issued HDDs so if you try it from a stance of here is a deal on a HDD I could pull up newegg in 10 seconds and find a cheaper 250GB drive on any given day.

your original deal sounds too good to be true and it turns out when people look into it they get angry it is garbage. Hey I'll sell you a corvette for $5 and then you come and look at it and the thing is matchbox car.

so yeah your lack of legwork or deal posting standards just makes it seem like you are knowingly passing along a bum deal and why??? this your website? How many suckers did you dupe into buying your modded crap?

yeah and from your PM, don't bother posting any more deals in the future if they are shady like this one.

yea it looks like they just got it out of one of the bundles like ff 13 bundle, they sell legit stuff as far as i know

I am not 100% sure though , im gonna email the company and ask if its 3rd party we will see what they say, if the respond

^no1 is sure but imo
It is not legit, how did they get their hands on 250gb drives? They were pretty high in demand while they were bundled with consoles and the new drive only packages only came out 2 weeks ago.

Far as I know GDD is a legit site. I've ordered two games from them, and both seemed fine.

The site owner is drfrielgood, and he posts on here regularly. This thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192065&highlight=gamedealdaily addresses whether or not the site is shady.

I don't know if this is a knock-off or a bag and tag from LE consoles. Could well be either. However, it's not a bad deal for a 250gb drive you don't need to 'hack' to work. Note that I'd use it for a 'second' console to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the seller is a one man company who runs the site out of his house. Most likely these are "flashed" non-oem drives like you can get off ebay. Buy at your own risk.

Did anyone find out whether these drives are legit? I know a few of you, as well as myself, emailed Gamedealdaily to ask that question.

no i figure i will buy it if he responds if not then i wont. if it was like amazon i would just go ahead and buy it but who knows how easy it is to return stuff

GDD is a legit site. I can vouch for the site as I have placed a couple of orders from him. I do have my issues with his policies (and have posted in the threads to this effect so I am no cheerleader for him) IE sometimes high shipping costs, my first order tossed into a flat rate Priority Box with no packing but the items he sells are legit and he seems to stand behind his products and handles CS issues.

bread's done
Back