Xbox360 Arcade Compilation $14.99@Gamestop YMMV

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was killing time today and stopped in a local Gamestop. Picked up the Xbox360 Arcade compilation for $14.99.. that's the one that comes with the 360 Arcade bundle..

Pac-Man C.E. ... $10
Feeding Frenzy .. $10
Uno .. $5
Boom Boom Rocket .. $10
Luxor 2 .. $10

YMMV because this relies on somebody trading this into your local Gamestop.

I managed to get one today for $11.99 after edge & 10% email coupon. Eh, makes up for the fact that I already have Uno.

The product ID # is 952225 for future reference, although it looks like gamestop's website hasn't been updated to include it.

Yes, it comes with full versions of all the games mentioned in the first post. When you run the game the start-up menu looks like a blade from the dashboard, where you can access each game. Also there is some 360 Welcome video which I won't be watching, a link which brings you to the games library of your console, and some game demos and videos.

The game demos are for Viva Pinata and Surf's Up. The game videos are for Viva Pinata and Shrek the Third.

So in a nutshell, the only worthwhile stuff on the disk are the games.

[quote name='HighlightShow']That looks like a pretty good deal to me. Does it come with the Arcade Joystick?[/QUOTE]
What Arcade Joystick? Microsoft has never released an Arcade Joystick, let alone packed it in with a console SKU.

[quote name='PyroGamer']What Arcade Joystick? Microsoft has never released an Arcade Joystick, let alone packed it in with a console SKU.[/quote]

i know which joystick he means, but i'm not sure who makes it.

but to answer the question.. no, this has nothing to do with that joystick.

I hope the website gets updated with these soon. My wife likes a few of these games but theres no gamestops within thousands of miles of me (Really).

[quote name='davyd']Yes, it comes with full versions of all the games mentioned in the first post. When you run the game the start-up menu looks like a blade from the dashboard, where you can access each game. Also there is some 360 Welcome video which I won't be watching, a link which brings you to the games library of your console, and some game demos and videos.

The game demos are for Viva Pinata and Surf's Up. The game videos are for Viva Pinata and Shrek the Third.

So in a nutshell, the only worthwhile stuff on the disk are the games.[/quote]

it may also be worthwhile to mention that you can also access the games from the normal Games Library location(when the disc is in the drive)

[quote name='smoger']it may also be worthwhile to mention that you can also access the games from the normal Games Library location(when the disc is in the drive)[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that after playing the first game. A little warning to whoever is considering getting this game and likes achievments: remember to sign into your gamerprofile if you change games! I had to re-do pac-man. For shame.

It also apparently comes with a bunch of xbla demos, which explains why my game count shot up to 22 while the disk is in the drive.

[quote name='davyd']I managed to get one today for $11.99 after edge & 10% email coupon. Eh, makes up for the fact that I already have Uno.

The product ID # is 952225 for future reference, although it looks like gamestop's website hasn't been updated to include it.[/QUOTE]

Where can I get the 10% coupon?

Thanks.

Oh shit, I have one that is at my local GameStop. The main reason I would get this is for Feeding Frenzy and maybe BBR, because I already have PacMan CE and Uno. The thing is, I might get the PopCap collection too, but that would mainly be for Feeding Frenzy as well. Also Popcap has Zuma, while this has Luxor 2, which I think are basically the same, but which is better? Eh, I think I might just get this, because Popcap for $20 at my local Wal-Mart is much farther away than my local GS, so getting this will be more gas-efficient and cheaper.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I remember when I got this for $6.99 from Amazon, last week.[/quote]

You're thinking of Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1, this is different, as it came with the Xbox Arcade systems...

[quote name='mrcheapo11']You're thinking of Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1, this is different, as it came with the Xbox Arcade systems...[/QUOTE]
I already have Pacman CE (and love it), but this would be great for Boom Boom Rocket and Uno, both of which I want, and the rest are bonuses.

[quote name='PyroGamer']What Arcade Joystick? Microsoft has never released an Arcade Joystick, let alone packed it in with a console SKU.[/QUOTE]

You know which one he's talking about, stop trying to start shit.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']ive seen the forza2/Marvel:UA for $20 at gamestop too[/quote]

I've gotten it for 24 at Gamecrazy. Right when they were having the B2G1 sale after thanksgiving. I didn't even realize it until I was at the counter. I thought I picked up Forza, Oblivion and Crackdown! :bouncy:

Nuts, I just bought this for $20. I'd been looking for a copy ever since it was released.

BTW, Boom Boom Rocket is a lot more fun with the guitar controller.

[quote name='radjago']Nuts, I just bought this for $20. I'd been looking for a copy ever since it was released.

BTW, Boom Boom Rocket is a lot more fun with the guitar controller.[/quote]

Is it easier with a guitar controller, that is if you are decent at Guitar Hero? Do you have to strum, or just press the buttons, because I remember the guitar controller was "compatible" with BBR, but you only pressed the buttons and didn't strum.. I will go to GS tomorrow and hopefully get this anyways :bouncy:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I dunno if I'd spend 14.99 for this, but coupled with two other 14.99 games during a B2G1 free... that would be very nice. I'd love to buy Pacman CE[/quote]

Id buy a copy off somebody for $18 shipped so that would make it a buy 1 get 1

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Is it easier with a guitar controller, that is if you are decent at Guitar Hero? Do you have to strum, or just press the buttons, because I remember the guitar controller was "compatible" with BBR, but you only pressed the buttons and didn't strum.. I will go to GS tomorrow and hopefully get this anyways :bouncy:[/quote]

You used to be able to just press the buttons, but after a recent update you've got to strum.

[quote name='smoger']i know which joystick he means, but i'm not sure who makes it.

but to answer the question.. no, this has nothing to do with that joystick.[/QUOTE]

It's made by MatCatz, and comes with Marketplace codes for Frogger, Time Pilot, and AstroPop.

Original retail for $60, but I got it when it's on clearance at Best Buy for $10.

[quote name='kevlar51']You used to be able to just press the buttons, but after a recent update you've got to strum.[/quote]

bread's done
Back