Xbox360/PS3 games B1G1 ($39.99 and under) at Meijer B&M 2 day sale

RatATatTatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Meijer is supposed to be having a 2 day sale this Wednesday-Thursday (Dec. 5-6) in which they will be having a deal on Playstation 3 games: buy any game [$39.99 or under] get any game of equal/lesser value free. I unfortunately do not have a scan of the ad but it should be up on the site tomorrow. I'll post it here in the topic once I obtain it.

Definitely a good chance for myself, as well as many others, to bulk up on the PS3 collection. :applause:

UPDATE (12/2 3:43 PM EST): It's Sunday now and the 2 day sale ad has not been posted. I may head down there shortly to see if I can snag a copy, otherwise I should definitely have one tomorrow.

As many have stated, this will likely end up having a price restriction on it. I heard about this sale from someone who works there but they may have not read the ad thoroughly. Although this individual insists that it does not specify any type of price restriction. And as has also been stated, this is supposed to include 360 games as well. This is also an in-store only deal as far as I know.

I'll update again soon, hopefully with confirmation. However, Meijer likes to slack with these types of sale ads. They may not have it out until as late as Tuesday.

UPDATE (12/3 3:10 PM EST): Well I got ahold of the ad paper, and to all of our disappointment, there is in fact a price restriction. That being $39.99 and under. Also, it is in fact PS3 as well as Xbox 360. Scan is below.

Someone had mentioned a Meijer allowing them to break a previous price restriction on the Wii deal, getting one full price game and one free game priced at $29.99 or under. So that is a possibility if, for example, your Meijer has a low stock of sub-$39.99 games.

For those looking to score this deal online, there has been no indication of this being online! Meijer B&M and online are different entities, and so this will likely be in-store only.

Sale starts at 6 a.m. Wednesday!

meijerad.jpg

I went and scoped out the local Meijer and the selection was pretty shitty...plus some of the games were $5 more than you can buy them at other places. fuck Meijer.

Went into my Meijer tonight for a few groceries and decided to scope the games out. I looked online to see what games fell into the $39 and under range but when I looked in store most of what I was interested in was still priced at $49 on up.

Wonder if they price match their own website?

The Meijer in Bloomington, IL has a bunch of 360 games on clearance. The ones I remember are Fight Night Round 3 $15, Stranglehold $30, Sonic the Hedgehog $15, NBA Street Homecourt $15, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 $15? and WWE Smackdown vs. RAW $22.50.

I was able to combine these with the buy1 get 1 deal. Picked up Sonic and NBA Street for $7.50 each. Also bought Stranglehold and a Limited Collectors Edition of Prey for $15 each.

Definitely YMMV on the clearance stuff though. Otherwise the 39.99 and under selection was pretty terrible.

[quote name='spinorb']The Meijer in Bloomington, IL has a bunch of 360 games on clearance. The ones I remember are Fight Night Round 3 $15, Stranglehold $30, Sonic the Hedgehog $15, NBA Street Homecourt $15, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 $15? and WWE Smackdown vs. RAW $22.50.

I was able to combine these with the buy1 get 1 deal. Picked up Sonic and NBA Street for $7.50 each. Also bought Stranglehold and a Limited Collectors Edition of Prey for $15 each.

Definitely YMMV on the clearance stuff though. Otherwise the 39.99 and under selection was pretty terrible.[/QUOTE]
Lucky. My Meijers has jack shit nothing.

I found C&C3 and Shadowrun for $39.99. Passed.

The also had Pimp My Ride, Ridge Racer 6 and some other awful games for $20. No copies of Dead Rising to be found, or any other platinum hits for that matter.

[quote name='spinorb']The Meijer in Bloomington, IL has a bunch of 360 games on clearance. The ones I remember are Fight Night Round 3 $15, Stranglehold $30, Sonic the Hedgehog $15, NBA Street Homecourt $15, Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 $15? and WWE Smackdown vs. RAW $22.50.

Definitely YMMV on the clearance stuff though. Otherwise the 39.99 and under selection was pretty terrible.[/quote]

Oooh Fight Night Round 3 for under $20! :drool:

[quote name='mvp828']Home meaning that's where it was started, but now the only thing Greenville is home to is unemployed and just flat out trash.[/quote]

That's actually not far from the truth as I lived in Greenville, MS for 3 years. :booty:

Not much here in NW indiana, got a few good games:

Marvel Ult Alliance Gold 360 - $30
Marvel Ult Alliance Gold 360 - FREE

MLB 2k7 - $30
Fight Night Rd 3 - FREE

Definitely YMMV on the clearance stuff though. Otherwise the 39.99 and under selection was pretty terrible.[/quote] Yeah, the $39.99 and under PS3 section sucks as well :/

I wish you could buy a $60 and get a $30 one free.

Picked up Super DragonballZ (PS2) on the cheap though.

Well, the closest store to me (Southfield, MI) had at least one copy of almost every game listed under $39.99. So, I finally bit on Dead Rising & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. The only thing that sucked is that they didn't have any Gold Edition copies of M:UA.

I got the last copy of Dead Rising though. Funny thing is Dead Rising is $26.99 on my receipt which made it the free game even though it has a price tag $39.99 so for those that think the prices aren't right just have them scan the game to see the actual price.

You guys should ask if Meijer will let you buy a more expensive game and get a $39.99 or less one free. It is very much YMMV, but one of the Dayton Meijer stores was doing this for the Wii sale because they said they realized that there wasn't much of a selection under $40 (and the 360 and PS3 have even fewer titles under $40 period).

Picked up Godfather and Oblivion for PS3 for $26.79 after tax. The inattentive attendant overrode the system and let me use the $5 off $34.99 toy coupon from the ad. Nice deal.

Question: Two gift receipts printed out with the purchase...can I return the free game for credit or exchange? It would be nice to exchange Oblivion for Assassin's Creed and simply pay the difference of $30, as Godfather was the only game they had in the price range that I was interested in.

If you guys didn't notice, Beowulf dropped to $20 on PS3 and 360 today so I picked up 2 of each to trade in at FYE ($33 trade if secondspin.com is accurate)

Thanks OP! Got the last Beautiful Katamari for 39.99 and a free F.E.A.R. for 29.99. I know I blew the deal by getting a $29 game, and I also know that BK just dropped to $29 at Amazon, but hey, I'm happy, and that's all that matters.

yeah I have most of the games that were 39.99 so I just picked up TMNT and Fear for $30 I would've like to have gotten sonic and earth defense but meh whatever.

[quote name='parkerpic']Picked up Katamari and C&C 3. Thanks OP. The selection at 39.99 and below sucked, no dead rising in sight.[/QUOTE]
Funny that my store had both of those games marked at $59.99.

[quote name='radjago']Funny that my store had both of those games marked at $59.99.[/quote]

That is odd because Katamari retails for $39.99.

bread's done
Back