Xbox360 VGA cable - generic or official

LuisRM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm currently using the component cables with an optical cable but want to upscale my dvd's. I understand that you can do this with a VGA cable. My tv will support it, but I'm wondering if I should go generic (monoprice.com or ebay approx. $12-$22) or go official. Any deal on an official one or experience with a generic one? If I can spend less than $25 I'd be happy. Thanks!

I have the knockoff vga cable from DealExtreme (~$11) and the picture with them is excellent, at least it is on my 37" 720p.

[quote name='LuisRM'] Any deal on an official one or experience with a generic one? If I can spend less than $25 I'd be happy. Thanks![/quote]

Not a deal per se, but EBStop has the Official MS VGA Cables used in store. This is of course YMMV per local availability.

Here's the direct link to EBGames page for it:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=900640

Once you land on the page, use the store locator to *maybe* find one in your area.

Both me and my brother got ours from EBStop.

I know Target has also been stocking the Psyclone VGA cable for around $17, but the quality supposedly isn't that good.

[quote name='manthing']Not a deal per se, but EBStop has the Official MS VGA Cables used in store. This is of course YMMV per local availability.

Here's the direct link to EBGames page for it:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=900640

Once you land on the page, use the store locator to *maybe* find one in your area.

Both me and my brother got ours from EBStop.

I know Target has also been stocking the Psyclone VGA cable for around $17, but the quality supposedly isn't that good.[/quote]

Even if you find one with the locator, call first. I've 'found' two locally at different stores and when I went to get them, they were mislabeled Components.

i got some monster ones from radio shack for $10 a couple months back when they were getting clearanced out, they might still have them

Great, thanks for all the help I really appreciate it! None at Gamestop, but I'll check out the shack or dealxtreme.

[quote name='sp00ge']Even if you find one with the locator, call first. I've 'found' two locally at different stores and when I went to get them, they were mislabeled Components.[/quote]

+1 Exact same thing happened to me. One store out of the 10 or so on my way home from work had one listed on the site, but it was the component cable.

Finally got one from a seller on here when I was looking for one. Also, check out Toys R Us. I thought I saw one in a clearance bin at the one near me when I stopped in yesterday to pick up some Blu-Rays. I'll stop and check for you once I get off work, as I am heading that way for something else.

Ended up going with Dealextreme. Good reviews and I have bought stuff from them before once. Thanks for the offer though Hockey37!

My xbox is in the shop anyways so by the time it gets back to me, I'll probably have this by then.

bread's done
Back