Xboxx One nightmare!

averageguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
spent the 540 bux last night like everyone ele. Bought it at best buy. got my systm home and tried to hook it up . I hooked the hdmi cable up to my hd cable box. system powers on but no video. Tried doing the hdmi thought my tv same issue. Call xbox support today 120 mins on hold waiting for them. Told rep i was having issue with no video. Didnt even have me try anything. Had to create repair ticket send by one back via fedex ground to Washington and then wait min of 2 weeeks to hav eit fixed or get a new one. this is ludricious!!!

Theres 2 hdmi ports in an xbox right? You sure you didnt plug it in the wring port? Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get yours fix

Probably didn't have you try anything because of that 120 minute wait. They probably have so many calls they just do not have time to troubleshoot right now.

Sucks, but by now people should know what they are risking if they are willing to be early adopters. Ever since the PS2 most consoles have had some kind of semi-prevalent issue at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
spent the 540 bux last night like everyone ele. Bought it at best buy. got my systm home and tried to hook it up . I hooked the hdmi cable up to my hd cable box. system powers on but no video. Tried doing the hdmi thought my tv same issue. Call xbox support today 120 mins on hold waiting for them. Told rep i was having issue with no video. Didnt even have me try anything. Had to create repair ticket send by one back via fedex ground to Washington and then wait min of 2 weeeks to hav eit fixed or get a new one. this is ludricious!!!
Wait what did you do with your cable box? Did you just type that in a weird manner or am I misunderstanding you? Did you plug your One into the tv and plug your cable box into the one? Or did you just plug your one into the cable box?

Wait what did you do with your cable box? Did you just type that in a weird manner or am I misunderstanding you? Did you plug your One into the tv and plug your cable box into the one? Or did you just plug your one into the cable box?
Seems like at first he plugged it into his cable box and got no video.therefore, he connected the xbox one directly to his tv to see if it was an issue with the cable box and still got no video.

There should be no situation where you would plug your XBone into your cable box. It goes XBone to TV, and cable box into XBone, if anything.

Well I got screwed too. 1 out of 3, I had bought 3 of them at gamestop, one for me & one for each of my boys, well thank god mine & my oldest are fine. But my youngest sons, green screen of death , I was on chat with tech help from 10am till 230 & nothing. They said to ship it out , but I would have to put 500 down. I was like what? I just spent 2000 on 3. I'm tapped out. 4 reals credit cards maxed. Then I called gamestop & all I got was " it's a new system you have to deal with Microsoft, we can't help you" I was what !!! Then I spent 2 hours on hold with there corporate office & was able to take it back. Of cures they are all sold out, so I was able to have them refund me the money. But I just realized it will take up to 5 days to get it in my account :( so I had to give my Xbox one to my youngest & both boys are playing now! But not me:( I've called around & no one has any Xbox ones and if they did , I still have to wait till my money's in the account , cuz I'm broke till then;( I feel your pain!

Just curious why you didn't try to return it and get a replacement from Best Buy if you bought it from them?
Seems like a logical approach. There would be a chance, albeit slim, that you could have walked out with a new system rather than waiting on pins and needles for a few weeks.

bread's done
Back