Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country - $19.99 at Target

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
OOS online as of 3pm EST.  Should be in store as well.

https://www.target.com/p/xenoblade-chronicles-2-torna-the-golden-country-nintendo-switch/-/A-53741348

Please note that the weekly ad this week incorrectly has the full game (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) as $19.99 (it is actually $49.99).  It might be able to be price matched at Target customer service or perhaps another retailer that does price matches.

Edit:  Looks like Target may have corrected the online ad for the main game for $19.99.  Still, the expansion at $19.99 is a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the chat link for BBY? I can't find it anymore
Log into your account, go to Purchases, click the blue "? Help" box on the right, and a menu opens with a button for chat. I just checked right now and the chat button is currently grayed out. Sometimes if you wait a minute it changes color and becomes clickable, but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Log into your account, go to Purchases, click the blue "? Help" box on the right, and a menu opens with a button for chat. I just checked right now and the chat button is currently grayed out. Sometimes if you wait a minute it changes color and becomes clickable, but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.
Oh cool ok I stand corrected, Just ignore me then.

LIKE MY DAD DID

I would just like to add that the Target app isn’t accurate. It says there are none in my area but I went to the store and they had Torna for days.

OOS online as of 3pm EST. Should be in store as well.

https://www.target.com/p/xenoblade-chronicles-2-torna-the-golden-country-nintendo-switch/-/A-53741348

Please note that the weekly ad this week incorrectly has the full game (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) as $19.99 (it is actually $49.99). It might be able to be price matched at Target customer service or perhaps another retailer that does price matches.

Edit: Looks like Target may have corrected the online ad for the main game for $19.99. Still, the expansion at $19.99 is a great deal.
Is there a cartridge for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country or is it just a DLC code?
The only place with it instock near me, is a BestBuy

Is there a cartridge for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country or is it just a DLC code?
The only place with it instock near me, is a BestBuy
Torna is on its own cart and the box also includes a voucher for the main game dlc as a bonus.

they definitely still do rain checks, someone didn't want to create one...

from the website:  http://help.target.com/help/TargetGuestHelpArticleDetail?articleId=ka4i0000000EEOFAA4&articleTitle=Does+Target+offer+rain+checks%3F

Does Target offer rain checks?

Yes, a rain check may be available if a sale item is not available at your Target store. The rain check entitles you to today's sale price for the next 30-45 days (varies by state), and can be used at any Target store. Target can't guarantee product availability or hold merchandise and does not provide notifications when the product is available. However, substitutes are offered whenever possible. Ask a store team member for help.

Exclusions:
  • Price Cut, Temporary Price Cut and Everyday Low Price items that are excluded from the Weekly Ad and items that state "No Rain Checks" can't be rain-checked.
  • No rain checks or substitutions are available for contract cell phones.
  • Music, movie and software titles can't be substituted.
  • Rain checks are not offered on Target.com.

from the website: http://help.target.com/help/TargetGuestHelpArticleDetail?articleId=ka4i0000000EEOFAA4&articleTitle=Does+Target+offer+rain+checks%3F

Yes, a rain check may be available if a sale item is not available at your Target store. The rain check entitles you to today's sale price for the next 30-45 days (varies by state), and can be used at any Target store. Target can't guarantee product availability or hold merchandise and does not provide notifications when the product is available. However, substitutes are offered whenever possible. Ask a store team member for help.

Exclusions:
  • Price Cut, Temporary Price Cut and Everyday Low Price items that are excluded from the Weekly Ad and items that state "No Rain Checks" can't be rain-checked.
I've had employees tell me their store doesn't issue rain checks but I never tried invoking the store manager.

from the website: http://help.target.com/help/TargetGuestHelpArticleDetail?articleId=ka4i0000000EEOFAA4&articleTitle=Does+Target+offer+rain+checks%3F

Exclusions:

Thanks. I'll try again later.

Well fuck..

I tried to pricematch on BestBuy.com

This was their reply,

"As I have double checked here carefully regarding the eligibility of the item for price matching, I do apologize the item is not eligible for price matching. It shows here on Target site sir the item is no longer available and I tried to check if the item is available on their stores it seems they no longer have the item on their stocks.
I am sorry sir we do not price match with items that is currently sold out or unavailable.

The good news sir we did not limit only with Target we also price match with other retail competitors (including their online prices) and these qualifying online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com,
Target.com, Microcenter.com, JcPenny.com, Lowes.com, ABT.com, RCwilley.com, Walmart.com, Sears.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, Samsclub.com, Gamestop.com, HomeDepot.com, PCRichard.com, B&HPhoto.com, Staples.com, Frys.com, Nebraska Furniture Mart and TigerDirect.com.
"

Exclusions:

So frustrating. I went back to the store and showed them the policy politely. The trainer said that's for some other stores but they definitely don't even have anything to do a raincheck here. I'm in Maine.

Highly recommend it, played thru it already and it changes alot of the combat (doesn't streamline it just makes it easier to deal with) and it has alot of quality of life changes. Not to mention it's just a meaty experience like 20'ish hours.

So frustrating. I went back to the store and showed them the policy politely. The trainer said that's for some other stores but they definitely don't even have anything to do a raincheck here. I'm in Maine.
Sorry to hear, they switched rainchecks to come out of the registers a few years ago, used to be a separate red slip. I find it odd they tell you some other stores? Target isn't a chain where only some stores participate in regular store features. That's what franchises do. They all use the same POS register.

I just showed the screenshot someone posted and got the main game for 20 as I was picking up an online order for Torna. Both for $40 is fine by me

Honest question: My friend let me borrow this a while ago and I never played it despite being the biggest fan of the one that came out for WiiU. Any who! What is this one? Is it a whole new game? 

Honest question: My friend let me borrow this a while ago and I never played it despite being the biggest fan of the one that came out for WiiU. Any who! What is this one? Is it a whole new game?
I could be completely wrong, but I think XCX for the Wii U is connected to the very first game on the Wii, and Xenoblade 2 and Torna are completely different and not at all connected with the other games.

I could be completely wrong, but I think XCX for the Wii U is connected to the very first game on the Wii, and Xenoblade 2 and Torna are completely different and not at all connected with the other games.
No, XCX is it's own continuity as well.

XC1 - Living and an exploring two giant titan robots in the ocean

XCX - Landing on a remote planet and trying to survive, and find the survivor pod
(This is just a rough plot from the back of the box.. how do you do a spoiler tag?)

XC2 is basically disconnected from the other two, but there is a reason it's "Chronicles 2" and not some other title. Torna is a direct prequel to XC2.

You still want to play them in release order right?
XC2 then Torna. (Correct?)
Honestly, I don't think it matters. The base game eases you into the combat slower, but while the experiences will be different depending on what you play first, neither is really worse than the other.

No, XCX is it's own continuity as well.

XC1 - Living and an exploring two giant titan robots in the ocean

XCX - Landing on a remote planet and trying to survive, and find the survivor pod
(This is just a rough plot from the back of the box.. how do you do a spoiler tag?)
Thanks.

[ spoiler] [/ spoiler] <- Type what you want between those two and delete the spaces in between the brackets.

I am currently playing the main game, and bought torna. I don't plan on opening it till I beat the main. Does torna add anything to the main game?

OK THIS OFFICIALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!
All last week when it was on sale I could not find hide nor hair of it. They even pulled it from the website. No longer listed. I even went around and none of the targets near me had it out on the shelves.

Now that it's not on sale anymore, it just pops back up on the website.

OH well...
#1stWorldProb

OK THIS OFFICIALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!
All last week when it was on sale I could not find hide nor hair of it. They even pulled it from the website. No longer listed. I even went around and none of the targets near me had it out on the shelves.
Now that it's not on sale anymore, it just pops back up on the website.
OH well...
#1stWorldProb
Tell me about it. I kept getting the run around when I asked about a raincheck and then finally they told me it's discontinued so no sense in getting a raincheck anyway.

bread's done
Back