Xenoblade Chronicles available now in Europe

I really don't understand what NoA stands to lose from not releasing these games at this point. Even if they barely turn a profit, the goodwill which would be generated at this point by giving their core fans - who they've long neglected - what they want would surely be worth it.

At this point I take them at their word that these games are not coming over, so I'll be importing them. I do wish NoA would at least put out a more substantive statement explaining their reasons, though I am not holding my breath for that.

Nintendo... blocked a company feom localizing Mother 3?! FTAHFDKMXRIKAIIWKWOKZ! I'm going to say it here, Nintendo is the worst game company in the business. Yes, worse than both EA and Activision. Nintendo, you are dead to me.

If I had to guess, Nintendo is hoping that the firestorm will last a few days and then blow over. After all, the internet has an extremely short attention span. I'm hoping people don't let up on them.

[quote name='bvharris']If I had to guess, Nintendo is hoping that the firestorm will last a few days and then blow over. After all, the internet has an extremely short attention span. I'm hoping people don't let up on them.[/QUOTE]
Here is the thing, there has been a shitstorm brewing with NO good Wii games in what over half a year now (and the essentially 10,000,000 shovelware titles instead of something decent). This wont blow over and Nintendo might just have made a game changing bad move here. People wont remember a lot of things on the internet, but gamers do.

You know I hate to say this, but Nintendo is becoming as bad as Activision, EA and Capcom now.

Anyway when is this game supposed to be coming out, looks like I am going to have to mod my Wii and fucking import it.

[quote name='pete5883']
Edit: According to some GAFfer in the know, NOA had Treehouse completely localize Soma Bringer and then didn't release it. wtf?[/QUOTE]

WAT
speechless.gif

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyway when is this game supposed to be coming out, looks like I am going to have to mod my Wii and fucking import it.[/QUOTE]

September 2nd. Get ready. I'll be joining you.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WAT

September 2nd. Get ready. I'll be joining you.[/QUOTE]

Ok now second question. Where is a good place to import this? I don't mind paying upwards of $70 because it's one of the best rpg's this gen.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']
My personal boycott of NOA begins now. If I absolutely have to buy a NOA game or console, it will be used, and only if it's a game I absolutely must have. They will not get a penny of my money unless they stop this bullshit.

Still not sure if I want to boycott new third-party games. I wanted to get Solatorobo to support Xseed, but I know a portion of the sale price will go to these dickheads. So it's something I'm debating. Xseed could really use the support though. :([/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what will boycotting accomplish? Not trying to be a dick, I'm just wondering is all.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok now second question. Where is a good place to import this? I don't mind paying upwards of $70 because it's one of the best rpg's this gen.[/QUOTE]

I haven't imported any games from Europe before (except Shenmue 2, but they had it on NCSX, which isn't importing Xenoblade PAL version). I've heard good things about Zavvi, Game.co.uk, etc, but if someone else can chime in, that would be cool.

[quote name='Just-Joe']Out of curiosity, what will boycotting accomplish? Not trying to be a dick, I'm just wondering is all.[/QUOTE]

Me not giving them any of my money.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']How much do you want to bet that the new Zelda will come with a mandatory system update that will brick the Wiis that have been unlocked to play the games that NoA won't allow us to?[/QUOTE]
I'm not worried. Haven't modded yet, but apparently every system update is followed pretty quickly by a fix to the Homebrew Channel / GeckoOS / whatever.
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok now second question. Where is a good place to import this? I don't mind paying upwards of $70 because it's one of the best rpg's this gen.[/QUOTE]
I ordered mine from game.co.uk, but I've seen zavvi.com mentioned a lot too. Zavvi's shipping can apparently be pretty slow, though. It's worth mentioning that only the special edition which comes with a red classic controller pro is for sale right now, it's assumed the regular edition will be posted up soon, for a lower price.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I haven't imported any games from Europe before (except Shenmue 2, but they had it on NCSX, which isn't importing Xenoblade PAL version). I've heard good things about Zavvi, Game.co.uk, etc, but if someone else can chime in, that would be cool.
/QUOTE]

I've ordered a lot of UK special editions from Zavvi (3rd Birthday, P3P, FFIV Complete, Tactics Ogre) and was very satisfied with their service overall. Shipping is pretty slow, but not unreasonably so for trans-Atlantic shipping.

[quote name='cochesecochese']
Reggie doesn't seem like the type of guy who wants base hits. It's either strike out or slam it out of the park for him, it seems. Shame.[/QUOTE]

That's the answer/question Strell and everybody else knows is the pink elephant in the room.

If it won't sell 500k, Nintendo (of America that is, I had to make that point crystal clear, since NOJ & NOE aren't as obtuse and do give fans nice things, see their Club Nintendo stores for simple proof) could give two less shits, period. They don't do niche games that sell less than 100k.

And I'll leave it at that so the nerd rage doesn't over take me.

2589_120px-Nerd_Rage.png
:lol:

It'll be up on Ebay.uk (usually sold for not inflated prices) within the first weeks of being out. Otherwise, I think Play, maybe HMV (not Amazon.uk sadly) and some others who can export games will sell it to you (that's the big kicker, so it's best to find a UK games dealer off of Ebay that'll sell it to you, I did this with Disaster, and they even kindly emailed me to ask me if I could play it first before taking my money, if I can find who it was again I'll post here and let everyone know who it was)

[quote name='uncle5555']If it won't sell 500k, Nintendo (of America that is, I had to make that point crystal clear, since NOJ & NOE aren't as obtuse and do give fans nice things, see their Club Nintendo stores for simple proof) could give two less shits, period. They don't do niche games that sell less than 100k.
[/QUOTE]
Then why are they doing Rhythm Heaven Wii?

Chewbacca's Abortion;8616905]Nintendo... blocked a company feom localizing Mother 3?! FTAHFDKMXRIKAIIWKWOKZ! I'm going to say it here said:
XD Keep comments like this coming, guys. They're hilariously awesome!

I feel the nerd rage overflowing.

[quote name='pete5883']Then why are they doing Rhythm Heaven Wii?[/QUOTE]

Best guess (nothing more than that...) is that they're trying to tap the Just Dance crowd, otherwise I have no idea why? One could ask why they are localizing Itagaki/Fortune Street as well, they seem more like pet projects for someone more than logical solid money makers...

Everytime I see Super Phillip pop up in a thread this always pops into my head...

medium_Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

icon_lol.gif

Fortune Street is because it has DQ characters and they have direct orders from NCL to localize all DQ games due to a deal they have with SE to build up the franchise in NA.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Should be noted that Itagaki Street makes tons of money. Even though it's a Hori game the budget is absolutely negligible in modern gaming terms.[/QUOTE]

Still would cost more money to localize it for NOA than to freely use Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora's European translations.

[quote name='uncle5555']Best guess (nothing more than that...) is that they're trying to tap the Just Dance crowd, otherwise I have no idea why? One could ask why they are localizing Itagaki/Fortune Street as well, they seem more like pet projects for someone more than logical solid money makers...[/IMG][/QUOTE]
I think the real answer is just that you're wrong about 500k & 100k.
[quote name='Dead of Knight']Still would cost more money to localize it for NOA than to freely use Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora's European translations.[/QUOTE]
If NOA wouldn't stupidly require that the voicework be re-recorded by American actors, you'd be right.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Still would cost more money to localize it for NOA than to freely use Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora's European translations.[/QUOTE]

No, no, I'm with you not against you on this one. Sorry, I should have been more clear that I was responding to u55555555555. I'm not sure about the cost of localizing, tbh. NOA's policy is to do all localizations from the ground up (retarded, I know) and they'd have to re-do all the voice acting. I don't think I.S. has voice acting in it and there's so little text to translate it should be pretty cheap to do.

Itadaki street costs practically nothing to make and very little to localize anyways. Even if it bombas Nintendo won't lose too much.

[quote name='pete5883']I think the real answer is just that you're wrong about 500k & 100k.

If NOA wouldn't stupidly require that the voicework be re-recorded by American actors, you'd be right.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, and you don't think I didn't look at the sales figures of any of Nintendo's releases in the past few years and saw what they labeled as failures and successes....

Gimme a break Pete, I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass here, give me the benefit of the doubt will ya. ;) (I do watch sales figures and what most companies determine as success and failure come down to those two sales figures)

You're just arguing it because you think I pulled these out of thin air, which I am not, but whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. :whistle2:#:wall:

[quote name='cochesecochese']Should be noted that Itagaki Street makes tons of money. Even though it's a Hori game the budget is absolutely negligible in modern gaming terms.[/QUOTE]

Ok since you and Pete feel like putting me in the firing line, fine, let's do it.

Yeah it might sell droves IN JAPAN (edit: two versions of it maybe), but it's never been tested outside of that country.

Here's the sales numbers for Itadaki Street since it's original releases via a link provided on GAF.

http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...d1=&sltd2=&gameid=&orderby=&res1=&res2=&opt=1

And here's what VGChartz has to say about it (taken with a grain of salt of course)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=Itadaki+Street

With the exception of those two games the only other versions on the PS2 released in 2004 and the DS none can be considered extremely successful. The PS2 (2002 version) and the PSP version were the only other titles in the line to break 100k, but were successful enough to warrant sequels.

And as we all SHOULD know handhelds are HUGE in JPN PSP continues to dominate week in and week out with the 3DS in second place for software and hardware sales, so again how this directly relates to the localization of Itadaki Street in the US and how that directly affects Xenoblade perplexes me, other than you two just looking for excuses as to why you think Itadaki Street will be successful in the US, (which I believe it probably won't be) compared to the sales standards that I've already mentioned that Nintendo of America holds it's titles up to. (and to contradict my argument on how many sales Nintendo expects games to make to consider them successful)

I mean if what I've shown so far isn't enough proof, we can keep going round and round with last falls big Wii releases, hell I can even be happy enough to go back as far as GC releases, but I've much better things to do instead of arguing sales numbers with two disciples of S.P./Nintendo about semantics.

Believe what you both want, in the end, I have the numbers to back me up and they all show that in 2004 (the last console version of Itadaki Street sold very well for 2004 era game, but Nintendo and other companies hold the standards to 2011 sales these days) but will it do the same on the Wii?

Will the casuals buy it up, or will the RPG starved FF Otaku's buy it in droves, if the speculation on GAF is correct, FF doesn't have the name recognition it once had, and I don't see the sales coming from name alone Fortune Street (I'd say Rhythm Heaven doesn't either, unless Nintendo markets the hell out of both games, even then, limited appeal) doesn't have quite the buzz you might believe it does, plus it is already limited by the fact it's a board game, FF/DQ or no...

Anyway, I believe I made my point, if you two want to derail the thread do it on your own time, I'm done discussing this with you both.

Again Reggie is the one who pushed for Elite Beat Agent and spent over 200 hours on Dragon Quest IX. I still think if he has any kind of power he would be pushing for this game.

You know who else I blame? The press for calling JRPG dead and saying how it is inferior to Western RPG like Oblivion and Mass Effect. I mean if it did get a release people will be like "lol what is this JRPG crap, wait for Skyrim instead."

[quote name='62t']Again Reggie is the one who had some hapless intern spend over 200 hours on Dragon Quest IX.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Or:

[quote name='62t']Again Reggie is the one who left his DS on for over 200 hours on Dragon Quest IX.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uncle5555']And as we all SHOULD know handhelds are HUGE in JPN PSP continues to dominate week in and week out with the 3DS in second place for software and hardware sales, so again how this directly relates to the localization of Itadaki Street in the US and how that directly affects Xenoblade perplexes me, other than you two just looking for excuses as to why you think Itadaki Street will be successful in the US, (which I believe it probably won't be) compared to the sales standards that I've already mentioned that Nintendo of America holds it's titles up to. (and to contradict my argument on how many sales Nintendo expects games to make to consider them successful)[/QUOTE]

It's going to bomba compared to Japan for sure. Itadaki street's getting localized because it's already recouped, it's quick/cheap/easy to localize and it's a chance to put a Wii game on the shelves with a nice big Mario face on the cover. There is also ZERO chance of I.S. cannibalizing Zelda's sales. NOA just needs to pad out the release schedule until WiiU hits and this will fit nicely for all of those reasons.

I saw today it debuted at #7 on the European weekly sales charts. Not too bad.... maybe enough to make Nintendo pay attention and bring it stateside......???

[quote name='62t']Again Reggie is the one who pushed for Elite Beat Agent and spent over 200 hours on Dragon Quest IX. I still think if he has any kind of power he would be pushing for this game.

You know who else I blame? The press for calling JRPG dead and saying how it is inferior to Western RPG like Oblivion and Mass Effect. I mean if it did get a release people will be like "lol what is this JRPG crap, wait for Skyrim instead."[/QUOTE]

It's like saying football is better than baseball.

[quote name='cgarb84']I saw today it debuted at #7 on the European weekly sales charts. Not too bad.... maybe enough to make Nintendo pay attention and bring it stateside......???[/QUOTE]
Somebody posted numbers from a past week and apparently #7 was like 8000 copies. Not excited yet. Also waiting for my copy. Apparently some NA people have gotten copies already.

This game fucking rocks. That's all I have to say after half an hour of playing... I wish this came out a week ago when I didn't have classes.

EDIT* Oh, and just for the record, I haven't received my official copy yet (shipped on Friday the 19th) but lets just say that the unofficial copy was much faster to obtain.

[quote name='Vinny']EDIT* Oh, and just for the record, I haven't received my official copy yet (shipped on Friday the 19th) but lets just say that the unofficial copy was much faster to obtain.[/QUOTE]
Bragging about piracy isn't really a good idea around here.

[quote name='Hovercraft']Are there any wii freeloaders that work these days? Or would I have to mod my wii to play UK version?[/QUOTE]

Why spend money to play a game you bought? Just mod it. It takes a few minutes...

So with modding, are you able to back up saves and transfer them to a new wii? My wii's drive sounds like a lawnmower and when playing dual layer discs, the load times are ridiculous (going from the stage select to the actual match in SSBB can literally take a minute or two).

I don't really want to send it in for repair because I'm afraid that I'll lose my saves, but if there were a way to transfer my saves, I wouldn't really mind just buying a new Wii.

[quote name='Vinny']To those of you with a semi-decent PC, I would suggest you guys give the Dolphin Emulator a try.

This is a shot from my PC... I built it 6 years ago and only upgraded the CPU recently and the GPU 3 years ago. It runs perfectly at full 720p resolution, 4x SSAA and 4x AF. The only issues I have are with audio echoing/choppy-ness but the visuals more than make up for it.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/xenoblade720p.jpg[/QUOTE]

I can run Oblivion on pretty good settings. Do you think Dolphin would work? Also, do you need Motion controls? I don't have bluetooth on my laptop unfortunately

or

How do I mod my wii? will I lose my save files?

[quote name='Hovercraft']I can run Oblivion on pretty good settings. Do you think Dolphin would work? Also, do you need Motion controls? I don't have bluetooth on my laptop unfortunately

or

How do I mod my wii? will I lose my save files?[/QUOTE]

As long as you meet the minimum specs on their site, you'll be able to run it fine and probably be able to enable some visual enchantments. It's not perfect though, most common being the audio (though it's not a huge deal since the better graphics make up for it). You can set it the Dolphin Emulator to control just like a normal Wii but with this game, all you have to do is connect the Remote and then use the Classic Controller. You will need a bluetooth adapter though. I got a USB one for $10 from Newegg.

[quote name='Hovercraft']How do I mod my wii? will I lose my save files?[/QUOTE]

I'm probably not allowed to post a link on here, but you should be able to find the info on Google within seconds. The process is super super easy and takes about 20 minutes. And no, as long as you follow the instructions properly, your save files won't be at risk.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Been two weeks since this shipped and nothing yet. fml[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one, still waiting on mine too...hopefully soon.

Got my copy today. Shipped the 22nd from 360games.co.uk

Game is interesting to say the least. It's heavily quest based which isn't a bad thing. But at the same time, they do a lot of things right.

It simplifies the battle system too in a good way. The battle system is like FF XII in a way but after every battle it only takes a few seconds and by few I mean like 5-10 seconds to fully heal up. You can complete quests anywhere whenever the quest objectives is met.

It feels like the developers took a look at what's fun and what's annoying in RPG's and attempted to get rid of a lot of the annoying parts and they did a great job.

bread's done
Back