Xenoblade Chronicles coming to NA

Gamestop already started their pre-orders though. I hope it comes to Canada, I don't really want to spend those ridiculous S&H costs.

I would assume coming to north america means canada. Since when has any game come out on the states but not canada?

[quote name='Naylord']I would assume coming to north america means canada. Since when has any game come out on the states but not canada?[/QUOTE]

While both games did come out in Canada before, Mega Man Dual Pack never made it to Canada.

I suspect we'll be seeing Xenoblade as a Doorcrasher/Deal of the Day some time next year, but I'll still buy it day 1. When Nintendo didn't show any Monado at the past two E3s, I was pretty certain NOA wasn't bringing this game over. I will gladly eat this $50 crow.

Oh and according to the press release, it seems like it is exclusive to US GameStops.

Xenoblade Chronicles Coming to Nintendo's Wii Console in Spring

It’s man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo’s Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It’s the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game’s massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jeffx']Why is this in the Canadian Deals forum? I'm looking forward to this game as well but come on... focus![/QUOTE]

Because most of us only hang in this part of the site?

[quote name='Mr.']I suspect we'll be seeing Xenoblade as a Doorcrasher/Deal of the Day some time next year, but I'll still buy it day 1. When Nintendo didn't show any Monado at the past two E3s, I was pretty certain NOA wasn't bringing this game over. I will gladly eat this $50 crow.

Oh and according to the press release, it seems like it is exclusive to US GameStops.[/QUOTE]

It better not be an EB Games exclusive in Canada. If it is then I won't be buying it. I refuse to give EB Games my money. It's almost as dumb as having Walmart exclusive stuff.

I'd sooner get this shipped from the U.S. than the U.K. If I have to order it online, I may just send to an American friend and have her ship it...and maybe I can finally get Chaos Wars too!

[quote name='Shinn23']It better not be an EB Games exclusive in Canada. If it is then I won't be buying it. I refuse to give EB Games my money. It's almost as dumb as having Walmart exclusive stuff.[/QUOTE]

And the hate for EB begins.

[quote name='Shinn23']It better not be an EB Games exclusive in Canada. If it is then I won't be buying it. I refuse to give EB Games my money. It's almost as dumb as having Walmart exclusive stuff.[/QUOTE]

really?... so the hate for EB overwhelms you that you refuse to give game developers money on new games? I understand if you don't want to buy used as EB gets all the money and the developers nothing but If you really like and want the game, but it new...from any retailer

I ordered it from gamestop. I had a $10 gift card from getting BF3 through impulse as a gift, but there wasn't a way for me to redeem the card locally. I was able to use the card on this purchase so I'm counting it towards the shipping cost.

I really hope this isn't similar to what they did with the mass effect 1 collectors edition by making it US only (and through their online store, no less) and that they'll make it available here.

It's not an EB-exclusive... since it looks like they're not getting it. Currently it's exclusive to GameStop US.

[quote name='Mr.']It's not an EB-exclusive... since it looks like they're not getting it. Currently it's exclusive to GameStop US.[/QUOTE]

I hope they just forgot to mention Eb Games in press release.

I can hope, can't I? lol

[quote name='Mr.']It's not an EB-exclusive... since it looks like they're not getting it. Currently it's exclusive to GameStop US.[/QUOTE]

EB and GS are owned by the same people

[quote name='62t']EB and GS are owned by the same people[/QUOTE]

true but there have been times where GS has had a game available while EB games didn't sell it. Someone mentioned the mega man dual pack and I mentioned the Mass Effect 1 collector's edition as examples.

[quote name='Derfel']I don't know if anyone cares, but I just noticed that Xenoblade Chronicles is now listed in EB's system. There's still time to take advantage of the Trade 2 for $50 on any $49.99+ title to get it.

http://www.ebgames.ca/wii/xenoblade-chronicles/312135[/QUOTE]

They added it to the site last week. I already pre-ordered on the site itself. Funny how they have no release date for it on the Canadian site though.

bread's done
Back